Hi. I'm having a few problems with my storm and was wondering if they're bad enough to where I can get a new storm or other smart phone on my one year warranty. First off, I HAVE downloaded 5.0.0.328. It worked wonders. I thought it would fix a lot, and it did. Just not everything that I needed.
    It could be my phone, but some applications won't work right on my storm (even after I set everything to allow, fiddle with the compatibility mode).. I usually have to do 2 battery pulls a day, after my phone freezes. Which is junk..the numbers 1-9 do not work when in my phone dialer. My browser basically stops loading if I get a text message and I also experience problems with threaded texting sometimes where the conversation won't open. I don't want to sound like a whiner but these problems are getting kind of old.

All help is a appreciated thankyou

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 08:52 AM
    You can exchange your phone for a refurbished Storm 9530 (Storm 1).

I would, especially if you're having trouble with your dial pad.

The ONLY time you can switch your phone for another is:
    1. You're within your 30 day WFG and you only get 1 exchange.
    2. You have 3 exchanges within (I thinik) 90 days AND the store manager approves an exchange for another "comparable" device. This option is all up to the store manager.
    12-03-09 09:19 AM
    Sounds to me like you are having a software issue and not a hardware issue. Wipe the phone and do a clean install. Don't use backed up copies of your apps as one of them may be corrupted. Load them one at a time.

12-03-09 09:35 AM
    Sounds to me like you are having a software issue and not a hardware issue. Wipe the phone and do a clean install. Don't use backed up copies of your apps as one of them may be corrupted. Load them one at a time.

This is actually a better resolution than just getting a new phone sent, and would be required before a replacement is sent anyway. If you have corrupt software, you could get it on the new phone, causing a vicious cycle of problems and where you would blame VZW for bad phones.
    12-03-09 11:12 AM
    Thanks guys

12-03-09 04:12 PM
    Just search the forums and you'll find the answers how to load everything fresh.
    12-03-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD