I've been having hardware problems with my Storm 1. After several really annoying calls with VZ tech support (only annoying because of the fanatical droid sales talks) they agree to send out a replacement. It arrives today and there's a large scuff/scratch right in the center of the screen about the size of a pencil eraser.

Is this typical of the refurbs they send out for warranty replacement?

Should I just STFU and be happy they I have a working phone again?

If I decide to do something about it who can I call that won't waste my time trying to talk me into a droid and the resulting 2 year contract extension?
    07-23-10 03:14 PM
    No it's not typical. Call them back and explain it, I am sure they will send out another unit.
    07-23-10 03:21 PM
    Peel off the thin piece of plastic that is on the screen. Everyone seems to think its a scratch, its not.
    07-23-10 03:27 PM
    Storm1 comes with a screen protector. Peel at a corner, I thought the same thing when I got my Storm.
    07-23-10 03:29 PM
    Peel off the thin piece of plastic that is on the screen. Everyone seems to think its a scratch, its not.
    Crap.

I'm now consumed with both embarrassment for not realizing that it had a thin sheet of plastic over it, and delight for not having to listen to another droid sales talk.

Thanks!
    07-23-10 03:32 PM
    No reason to be embarrassed. I never realized it myself with my S1 when I got it NIB.
    07-23-10 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD