12-25-09 10:27 PM
31 12
tools
    anyone have any luck with the warranty on a second-hand phone?
    04-06-09 12:25 AM
    The insurance is supposed to "fall off" but if you have your phone switched out OTA or on the website it will not fall off. If you do it with a rep then they will remove the insurance. It wouldn't be Verizon denying you however asurion if they actually do the research will not honor the claim. At this point if you payed for it the whole time and it was not removed Verizon would have to provide you with an in house claim were VZW would eat the cost and provide you with a replacement. Just to keep that in mind. but if its cheaper the rep would probably just credit you for the months you have paid in error...
    You actually need to provide all of that info to Assurion when you make a claim and then they verify it. They will NOT honor the warranty if you did not buy it new from your carrier when you had the insurance on the line or more than 15 days before adding the insurance. You may be paying the premiums but it is all for naught.
    04-06-09 01:04 AM
    i just got off the phone with a state farm agent about the personal article policy. he called the underwriters and told me you do not have to be a policy holder. he quoted me a price of $30 a year for my curve. but informed me any new personal article policies will have a $100 deductable. he said current policy holders still have no deductable but because of the claims on phones all new policies will
    04-10-09 02:12 PM
    People abused the system until it had to be changed. Great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 05:05 PM
    You actually need to provide all of that info to Assurion when you make a claim and then they verify it. They will NOT honor the warranty if you did not buy it new from your carrier when you had the insurance on the line or more than 15 days before adding the insurance. You may be paying the premiums but it is all for naught.
    Exactly - its all in the Asurion agreement. It is your responsibility to notify them and there are also provisions for fradulent claims.
    People abused the system until it had to be changed. Great.
    Still arguably a better deal - someone should check State Farm's site, as they have a lot of options an agent can work with.

Just because State Farm wants say $10 doesn't mean an independent agent will charge you that. They may get you for $10, but sell you a different plan - $8 for the plan with a $100 deductible, plus $2 for the deductible to be lower - they get more commission, you still pay $10, but have a deductible.

I seem to recall when I looked (it may be above somewhere) that the annual rate was $6.50 per $100 of coverage with no pro-rata premiums for say a $350 device - you'd pay for $400 worth of coverage or $26. If this is still in effect, I don't understand the $30 premium mentioned. I mean, 6.5 doesn't divide evenly into 30.

I don't know - I just we may getting info about different products. Then again, things might have changed since last week or are different online than through an agent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 06:41 PM
    I hate to dig up an old post but I was searching for some asurion info and rand across this thread, I just wanted to clear some things up for a lot of people. I as well as my sister are BAD about swapping phones all the time and most of the time we buy either new or barely used phones off ebay due to not being time for upgrade, all we do when we get them in the mail is to go to vzw website and activate them from their. We have insurance on all our numbers and I have ran across an issue with my forst storm with the software and took it in and they replaced it on the spot no questions, I have also had two phones that met untimely deaths and were turned into my asurion insurance and were replaced both times NO QUESTIONS asked and I was NOT the original owner!
    12-25-09 10:27 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD