I'm currently a Page Plus user. I purchased a blackberry 9930 about 6 months ago and it was running flawlessly. Unfortunately, I woke up one day and had a bricked 9930. It's a common problem and RIM is aware of it. The only solution is a replacement phone.

The phone is under 1 yr warranty until October.

I've tried to reach out to the person that sold me the phone. She was the original owner of the phone, so that maybe VZW can process the warranty claim. I tried to do this with my sister, but the VZW rep said the one person that can process the claim is the original owner.

Is there anyway around this issue?
    09-05-12 08:47 PM
    You can start a warranty claim thrugh RIM, but they'll charge you. Not sure how much that is.

Only other workaround that may work, is the original owner activating the bricked phone, and you bringing it to a VZW service center yourself.
    09-05-12 10:32 PM
    All hope is NOT lost it IS possible to debrick the phone. It's more difficult with 9930s, but it IS possible. HAVE you tried the debricking procedures listed in the forum? Have you tried doing a wipe with JL_Cmdr? http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...l_cmder-53502/ And then an install of the OS with DM? It's a PIA but it can work. Also if JL is too much for you, you can try a BB utility program to do the wipe like BB Boss, to BBSAK. Trust me this will most likely work.
    09-11-12 09:18 AM
    A little OT but how did you get PP to activate a BB for you? I was under the impression that they blocked all IMEIs of RIM phones from the network.

Posted from my Droid Razr Maxx.
    10-26-12 05:23 AM
    The device warranty applies to the original owner. It's not transferable. In order for the original owner to process a warranty claim, the device would have to be active on their account with Verizon.
    10-26-12 05:34 AM
    PP does not "support" blackberry. However, they do activate them. BIS and BES do not work.
    10-26-12 08:28 AM
    That's cool to know. Thanks for telling me.

Posted from my Droid Razr Maxx.
    10-27-12 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD