Does installing a leaked OS void your verizon wireless warranty. In specific im asking about a tour 9630. Thanks Crackberry.
    01-27-10 11:52 AM
    Technically yes! However, most of the time it's not something that is checked. If you crash your phone obviously there is no way of figuring out what you did. If you call in for support though it can cause problems bc we only support official released versions of software.
    01-27-10 12:26 PM
    no it doesnt, justy need to go back to the old one if you need to send back
    01-27-10 12:26 PM
    bs1two, your answer is incorrect.

Installing another OS version will not void your warranty. It may result in Verizon not providing you with software technical support but it will not void your warranty.
    01-27-10 01:08 PM
    Thanks guys. My tour is not holding a charge and its bugging me. I used to have 5.0 loaded. I also have noticed the radio isn't as good with the stock OS.
    01-27-10 02:07 PM
    bs1two, your answer is incorrect.

Installing another OS version will not void your warranty. It may result in Verizon not providing you with software technical support but it will not void your warranty.
    IV. WHAT THIS WARRANTY OR SERVICE CONTRACT DOES
    NOT COVER:
    A. Defects or damage resulting from use of the Product in
    other than its normal and customary manner;
    B. Defects or damage from misuse, accident or neglect;
    C. Defects or damage from improper testing, operation,
    maintenance, installation, adjustment or any alteration or
    modifi cation of any kind;

D. Breakage or damage to antennas unless caused directly by
    defects in material or workmanship;
    E. Products disassembled or repaired in such a manner as
    to adversely aff ect performance or prevent adequate
    inspection and testing to verify any warranty claim;
    F. Products with labels removed or illegible serial numbers;
    G. Defects or damage due to spills of or immersion in food or
    liquid;
    H. Scratches on all plastic surfaces and externally exposed
    parts resulting from normal use; and/or
    I. Damage resulting from normal wear and tear.

Sure about that now?
    01-28-10 10:25 AM
    Just reload the official OS... see if it resolves the issue if not, then you've already covered your tracks. I recommend just taking both Motomom and BS's recommendations to heart. TECHNICALLY it should void the warrenty but since you can reload the stock os then theres no way the warehouse can deam it that way. As far as I know there isnt an OS history on the device. LOL...
    Be sneaky bout it and they'll never know.
    I've been through so many OS's on my device.
    And as for technical support. We wont support it but we will recommend reloading the approved OS as a t/s step.
    01-28-10 11:03 AM
    RIM can tell if the OS was updated, and downgraded, but its rare that they would actually check, and it does not void the warranty on their level. As others have said often verizon will deny you service and troubleshooting if you have leaked OS, but how do they know when they are on the phone with you? And if you need to bring or send the phone in you can just reload the current OS.
    01-28-10 06:27 PM
    I know reps that actually check

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD