Called up vzw to see about getting a new phone since my charging port has broke on my pearl, and I've used my 2 claims through asurion for the year, which I am not sure about being as they were in the first year of my contract and I'm into my second year now. Anywho, vzw said it would be 219 plus a 100 mail in rebate for an 8330, saying that was warranty price. 219 for an 8330 seems a bit steep, if it was a tour for that price, I wouldve took the offer no problem. Oh well, good thing I got a charging pod, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 12:27 PM
    Since the phone was sent to you by Asurion, they would replace the phone you have under warranty, but not upgrade you.
    11-15-09 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the info, I will give them a call.

11-15-09 01:04 PM
    A charging port breaking is usually going to be considered misuse or abuse, and won't be covered under any warranty...

As for the two insurance claims... Your two claims must have been used within a 12-month period... The fact that you went into the second year of your contract doesn't reset the claim amounts...

But yes, if your phone really has a manufaturers defect, Asurion needs to replace it...
    11-15-09 03:53 PM
    When did "lol" start to mean "I have nothing else to say"?

11-15-09 09:19 PM
    Because a fairly common problem is funny, as is the warranty price. Heh

11-15-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD