Ok so, I swapped my LG Dare for my friends Blackberry Curve 8330 about... a week ago. He bought it new when he renewed his contract about... 6 months ago. I have been having problems with having to take out the battery out a few times a day cause the internet wont work, and the led light for the track ball only works everyonce in a while... the time on the phone randomly changes from pm to am and so on....... Since I wasn't the actual purchaser of the phone is the warranty voided? I have all the receipts and box and everything for it. Please help!
    09-20-09 12:03 AM
    One year warranty to original purchaser only - but if you have VZW service, you cvan ask them if they might help. Usually, no - but it is worth a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 12:10 AM
    You are stuck with an out of warranty phone.

09-20-09 06:17 AM
    Not necessarily. We do warrenty exchanges for swapped phones all the time. Our managers just require us to verify the ESN on the other account the origional add date is within a year.
    You may need to have your friend available when you call in just in case there is an exchange necessary so they can verify their account and the esn on their account.
    If not there might be a $50 out of warrenty fee to have the phone exchanged.
    09-20-09 07:39 AM
    See, you learn something new everyday.

09-20-09 08:12 AM
    absolutely!
    09-20-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD