Just wanted to send a warning in light of some of the changes that VZW has made. I went out to the VZW website this morning to see if I could save some money on my monthly plan since Verizon is touting all their wonderful changes and I actually found a way to save about $35 a month. Great, right? Well, I went right back to the website and found that making those changes to my plan reset my NE2 benefit from 06/2010 to 10/2011.

I'm on the phone with CS right now to figure out what's going on. I'm currently on hold but the agent that I'm talking with said this shouldn't have happened. Grrrrrrrr.
    02-03-10 11:27 AM
    Just wanted to send a warning in light of some of the changes that VZW has made. I went out to the VZW website this morning to see if I could save some money on my monthly plan since Verizon is touting all their wonderful changes and I actually found a way to save about $35 a month. Great, right? Well, I went right back to the website and found that making those changes to my plan reset my NE2 benefit from 06/2010 to 10/2011.

I'm on the phone with CS right now to figure out what's going on. I'm currently on hold but the agent that I'm talking with said this shouldn't have happened. Grrrrrrrr.
    It should not have. The only thing that should ever reset that date is upgrade of equipment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 11:43 AM
    It should not have. The only thing that should ever reset that date is upgrade of equipment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What does that mean? According to VZW's website, I was eligible for an upgrade on 06/2010. Now it shows I'm not eligible until 10/2011. Why should that change at all?
    02-03-10 11:49 AM
    That shouldn't have happened, the only thing that might happen is your NE2 credit towards equipment upgrade.
    02-03-10 11:53 AM
    So what did they tell you?
    02-03-10 12:09 PM
    Read your contract VERY carefully for the NE2. They almost got me. VZW will treat this as a NEW plan which supercedes any OLD plan provisions that you are currently enjoying. I was wondering why I was eligible for an 'early equipment upgrade pricing' as well.

Strictly a cost-saving measure by the fine folks at VZW.
    02-03-10 12:14 PM
    If you downgraded your plan that would take away annual upgrades, it could possibly change your "early" upgrade date. But they do advertise anytime plan changes without extending your contract.
    02-03-10 04:12 PM
    Another thing that could kill your NE2 is switching primary lines.

Some reps will have pity on you, but it's still a tough call.

For what it's worth, keep an eye on the website. More often than not these days, there's a juicy deal or two that'll get you the fancy phone without needing the NE2. (Which is probably why they lowered it. Heck, it almost seems like they're slowly phasing it out in favor of just making the phones cheaper in the first place.)
    02-03-10 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD