03-15-10 12:34 PM
154 ... 4567
tools
    ps. ultimately, Verizon is also held responsible with device because that was the price for the contract. As long as they aren't willing to break the contract (because of the phone cost) they are responsible for it to certain quality standard. Whether they get something back from RIM is their problem. If it was simple purchase without the contract, sure, I might have less to say.
    03-11-10 03:14 PM
    ps. ultimately, Verizon is also held responsible with device because that was the price for the contract. As long as they aren't willing to break the contract (because of the phone cost) they are responsible for it to certain quality standard. Whether they get something back from RIM is their problem. If it was simple purchase without the contract, sure, I might have less to say.
    You're right. They'll probably give you a refurb.
    03-11-10 03:16 PM
    You're right. They'll probably give you a refurb.
    I don't have preference on whether the device is new or refurb...as long as it functions fine..I outgrew shiny objects quite a while ago. In fact, the second Tour I got (refurb) was actually better than my first brand new Tour. It had better trackball...

Frankly, Tour had even other issues I've forgotten about because I never used the function afterwards...I tried recording video of a performance at fair once with my first brand new Tour. It crashed and went into reboot. I never attempted to use it again, so I don't know if it was issue with only that Tour or is consistent problem like call end button...

I just read an article from Cnet that storm 2 does that with it's camera..I'm wondering if that's a common issue with all Blackberries with camera....
    03-11-10 03:54 PM
    Alright so that was a lot to read. Some definate laughs in there. First I would like to say to the OP that if you are a teacher maybe you should go back to school and learn how to write. Secondly, I think this whole post is ********. Apparently you are terrible at solving problems, maybe a sign you shouldn't be a teacher. There is more you can do than what you are doing. Which from what I have been reading is basically acting like my 3 year old. Go to the marketplace section of the site and buy a curve 8330. They are reliable, don't have the problem you have had with your tour and are not real expensive. Or maybe ask Verizon for an 8330. They might be more willing to work with you if you take one of those instead of demanding something new. And yeah yeah you say that you don't care what you get as long as it is something different but if that were true you would have a different phone by now so I am guessing you are lying about that part. When I had problem after problem with my storm they gladly let me choose whatever phone I wanted to replace it. I choose a curve 2. I had it 2 days later. But it could be that I am a nice person and I didn't care what phone it was. Even if it would have been another storm. As long as it worked I didn't mind. They were so easy to work with. I also didn't demand anything, nor was I a complete d-bag about anything. I also didn't think I was owed anything because really I am not. I signed a contract, even if it is unfair, I still signed it knowing that. If you don't want to be stuck with a contract then maybe you should get a pre paid phone or cricket or something like that. Suing Verizon will do nothing but waste your money. You will acomplish nothing. But hey it is your time and your money. If I was that unhappy then I would be on ebay, craigslist or marketplace here buying a different phone. I am going to go with user error on this. Anyone who has that many phones that they have had problems with is most likely the culprit for the problem. You also say that you only download from Blackberry App World but not all apps in there are Verizon "approved". Whatever though. No matter what I say, or anyone else says, you are going to do whatever you are going to do and we can't stop you. No matter how much of an @$$ you make of yourself. My suggestion is to just buy a different phone

EDIT: Oh yeah and you don't like being called OP? Why not? You are the OP!! At least I was pretty sure you were the ORIGINAL POSTER!!!!! Duh.
    Last edited by MissJennell; 03-11-10 at 06:01 PM.
    03-11-10 05:47 PM
    Somewhere in there, you have an actual argument right? So far, all I see is ad hominem. For someone who's telling me to go back to school to learn how to problem solve, you sure know how to put together your argument.
    03-11-10 07:41 PM
    Sportsdc,

go a head and sue Verizon.. I cant wait to see them stomp you down into the ground! Report back after the beat down from them....
    03-11-10 07:47 PM
    Sportsdc,

go a head and sue Verizon.. I cant wait to see them stomp you down into the ground! Report back after the beat down from them....
    what's with this fear of loss?? verizon will stomp me down? don't you think you are a being a bit over dramatic??
    03-11-10 09:02 PM
    You gotta love this...this is verizon expertise for you...
    I finally picked up the new Storm2 replacement for Tour...
    It comes without back cover. I am on the phone with Verizon CS right now to get the back cover for it. First she says Storm 2 doesn't have a back cover. Then claims she cannot send one because I went through insurance rather than warrantee...so I tell her look further into it..she finds that it is through warantee...

After she tells me that the back cover usually doesn't get shipped with phone because I'm supposed to use the backcover of the old phone. But since I had a Tour, she'll have to find a back over for me. Well all my other Tour replacements came with back cover..but I"m willing to humor her.

She then put me on hold, comes back and tells me that this is what Storm 2 looks like. That the battery IS the BACK COVER for storm 2...I told her, no I've seen what Storm 2 looks like and held it in my hand and this is not what storm 2 looks like. No phone in the world has exposed battery compartment in the back. The back of the phone is OPEN. If I let go of my index finger that's currently holding the battery, it'll fall out I tell her. She claims that's how Storm 2 is supposed to be...

Do you think she's really that dumb or someone doesn't want to send the back cover? Here's your quality customer support courtesy of verizon...
    03-11-10 09:10 PM
    ok..i speak to someone who DOES know what storm 2 looks like, tech support, and he tells me there's no way they'll send me a back cover. That I should buy it directly from Blackberry myself. They'll send me a casing which will close it at least..I told him that'll still leave some space between cover and battery and slight shock could dislodge the battery. He says there's a chance that can happen but that's my only option. No back cover.

Very reasonable people aren't they? Please someone defend them...poor corporation is getting pounded by disgruntled evil customer.
    03-11-10 09:19 PM
    It comes without back cover. I am on the phone with Verizon CS right now to get the back cover for it. First she says Storm 2 doesn't have a back cover. Then claims she cannot send one because I went through insurance rather than warrantee...so I tell her look further into it..she finds that it is through warantee...

After she tells me that the back cover usually doesn't get shipped with phone because I'm supposed to use the backcover of the old phone. But since I had a Tour, she'll have to find a back over for me. Well all my other Tour replacements came with back cover..but I"m willing to humor her.

She then put me on hold, comes back and tells me that this is what Storm 2 looks like. That the battery IS the BACK COVER for storm 2...I told her, no I've seen what Storm 2 looks like and held it in my hand and this is not what storm 2 looks like. No phone in the world has exposed battery compartment in the back. The back of the phone is OPEN. If I let go of my index finger that's currently holding the battery, it'll fall out I tell her. She claims that's how Storm 2 is supposed to be...

Do you think she's really that dumb or someone doesn't want to send the back cover? Here's your quality customer support courtesy of verizon...
    How did you "pick it up"? They sent it to you via FedEx without a back cover? Bought it off ebay? Gave it to you in the store and you didn't notice the back cover was missing?
    03-11-10 09:25 PM
    ok..i speak to someone who DOES know what storm 2 looks like, tech support, and he tells me there's no way they'll send me a back cover. That I should buy it directly from Blackberry myself. They'll send me a casing which will close it at least..I told him that'll still leave some space between cover and battery and slight shock could dislodge the battery. He says there's a chance that can happen but that's my only option. No back cover.

Very reasonable people aren't they? Please someone defend them...poor corporation is getting pounded by disgruntled evil customer.
    Really? Are you really still b@#$ing about Verizon. You got a different phone. Isn't that what you wanted? Okay so you got it. You said you didn't care if it was a refurb. Sounds like thats what you got. They don't usually come with backs or batteries. So suck it up and get one off of amazon for 15 bucks. How simple is that. Your problem would be solved so quickly. I think that you just like the attention, be it negative attention, of whining and acting like a complete ****. You might get further faster if you were nicer. You know what they say, well maybe you don't, you catch more flies with honey than with vinager.
    03-11-10 09:31 PM

How bout I just send you one?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-11-10 10:00 PM
    I just read an article from Cnet that storm 2 does that with it's camera..I'm wondering if that's a common issue with all Blackberries with camera....
    I don't know where you're reading this. The people at CNet either don't know the difference between a Storm 1 and Storm 2, or they're running some hybrid (not that I can think of any where the camera doesn't work), the only times I can EVER remember a Storm camera not working was the very very early builds of 5.0 for the Storm 1, until 5.0.0.230 came out and fixed that problem. So no. Clearly you need to do a lot better research.

Also, I own a Storm 2, if you'd like I can take a picture of my desk (which apparently knows more about BlackBerries than you do), and attach it here.
    03-11-10 11:01 PM
    I don't know where you're reading this. The people at CNet either don't know the difference between a Storm 1 and Storm 2, or they're running some hybrid (not that I can think of any where the camera doesn't work), the only times I can EVER remember a Storm camera not working was the very very early builds of 5.0 for the Storm 1, until 5.0.0.230 came out and fixed that problem. So no. Clearly you need to do a lot better research.

Also, I own a Storm 2, if you'd like I can take a picture of my desk (which apparently knows more about BlackBerries than you do), and attach it here.
    BlackBerry Storm 2 has issues too | Nanotech - The Circuits Blog - CNET News

above is the link... I guess ad hominem is the common theme with blackberry users eh...
    03-11-10 11:28 PM
    what's with this fear of loss?? verizon will stomp me down? don't you think you are a being a bit over dramatic??
    he is saying it is pointless to even fight verizon, for such a little thing. They have a much larger court case going on now and most people dont even know about it. so your deal wont even give them a bad name
    03-12-10 12:08 AM
    BlackBerry Storm 2 has issues too | Nanotech - The Circuits Blog - CNET News

above is the link... I guess ad hominem is the common theme with blackberry users eh...
    Clearly that guy needs a different unit. I've owned 2 9550's (One screen cracked, insurance, etc.) and I very, very rarely use my camera - 1 to 2 times a month, if that. I've never, EVER had my camera restart my Storm2 running every OS from .320 to all the different .451 hybrids. The guy that wrote that review either lost his family in some kind of tragic S2 related incident, or he got a ****ty review unit with an unfinished OS prior to the devices release.

EDIT: Reading a bit more of this guys review, he's a moron. He apparently read somewhere that uninstalling apps fixes the bottom four buttons, which since the release of the phone, I have yet to see a thread stating this, and if it were such a 'well known fix', there would definitely be a lot more threads on it. With that one sentence, this guys credibility went out the door. Also, my idea about the review unit was wrong. He wrote that review just a little over a week ago, further making me believe this is the first smartphone this guy has ever seen or used.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 03-12-10 at 04:24 AM.
    03-12-10 04:19 AM
    this thread has go to be LOCKED!

the OP just like getting his attention for being the dumbest person on Earth!
    03-12-10 07:17 AM
    i cannot believe someone would really think suing vzw over something so petty is really going to get them anywhere. as already stated there are much larger/bigger reason people are being sued right now and OP you may want to take a step back and figure out if you really think suing vzw is the best of ideas. you won't get far, i promise.
    03-12-10 07:31 AM
    Don't forget folks, from our Rules & Policies.....

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    03-12-10 12:31 PM
    i'm being nice!!!

for once.
    03-12-10 01:19 PM
    03-12-10 06:25 PM
    I would defiantly send complaint to BBB if not happy, lawsuit not the answer
    03-13-10 10:24 AM
    I have my flame suit on, so I'm not afraid.

I don't understand how anyone can defend vz for sending the OP an incomplete replacement phone. I understand that a normal replacement involves a like device. But it seems that this account should have plenty of remarks in the system to alert whomever needs to know, that the customer needs a COMPLETE S2. Seriously? A phone without a battery cover. That's the way they come? The OP's other problems/opinions/rants not withstanding, a complete replacement is hot too much to expect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 06:48 PM
    I have my flame suit on, so I'm not afraid.

I don't understand how anyone can defend vz for sending the OP an incomplete replacement phone. I understand that a normal replacement involves a like device. But it seems that this account should have plenty of remarks in the system to alert whomever needs to know, that the customer needs a COMPLETE S2. Seriously? A phone without a battery cover. That's the way they come? The OP's other problems/opinions/rants not withstanding, a complete replacement is hot too much to expect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Verizon recently replaced my piece of junk rogue with a Curve 8330, which I was THRILLED about....they told me up-front that since it was being done by tech support, they could not send the battery cover. That is the policy. So, I bought one myself. It cost me $15, and I am thrilled that I got out of that trashy Rogue and into a solid BB for $15. I mean, come on, seriously.....he could pay the $15, and solve his issue rather than still complaining about it.
    03-14-10 07:00 PM
    Verizon recently replaced my piece of junk rogue with a Curve 8330, which I was THRILLED about....they told me up-front that since it was being done by tech support, they could not send the battery cover. That is the policy. So, I bought one myself. It cost me $15, and I am thrilled that I got out of that trashy Rogue and into a solid BB for $15. I mean, come on, seriously.....he could pay the $15, and solve his issue rather than still complaining about it.
    agreed, but it's the principality of it man!

03-14-10 07:04 PM
154 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD