03-15-10 12:34 PM
154 ... 34567
tools
    That's because there's hundreds of idiots that don't know how to work their phone, overwork it, think because the screen isn't perfectly flat, squared out, and glowing, there's a hardware defect and it needs to be returned, an installing stuff from their 8700g and wondering why it's not working on their new phone. The 'Storm2 Problems' thread is so full of ****, a politician would be jealous.
    That's the truth right there!
    03-10-10 09:50 AM
    Try reading the thread...I don't like repeating things...
    and please don't call me OP..sounds too much like OPP lol...

This whole thing is fishy and more of a diatribe and rant. I asked the OP twice what apps seems to be causing the issue and what actions were taken after the install and got no answer. Doesn't seem like he wants to share what is causing the issue.

While the 552 error seems to be random and I do agree it is an error showing up on the phone and is well documented, I wondering if the apps themselves are part of the problem.
    03-10-10 11:01 AM
    Try reading the thread...I don't like repeating things...
    and please don't call me OP..sounds too much like OPP lol...
    I did read the thread and did not find any information specific to question I asked.

What is OPP?

You could have posted a link oo a specific post where you detailed what applications you installed prior to the 522 (and what applications you installed all together), whether you rebooted or not, battery pulled or not, etc, instead of retyping the information.

Anyway it would have taken 10 seconds to type in: google maps, vznavigator, gmail, aol messenger, cnn, tetherberry, etc. If you installed 200 apps that may be the issue and I understand why it wouldn't take 5 seconds to type the list in and why you may have received a 552. But that would be useful information as well.
    Last edited by i7guy; 03-10-10 at 11:11 AM.
    03-10-10 11:08 AM
    This is amazing...statements get twisted, ommitted, unsaid statements are put in, and just about everything that can happen to one's statement happens here.

If this was a person or two just making a mistake because of long thread they are jumping into, I can understand....but it seems there are consistent few who seem to purposefully twist statements or claim things that I have not said...I think this thread has outlived it's usefulness...

Like one of the other guy said, the guy who called me OP lol...at this point this is just a rant...I don't know what's so fishy about it though...what do I gain from here? Anyway, yes, until some action is taken, this is just a rant..so let's close the thread already...

I'll post updates of what I've done on new thread as it happens...assumptions and fact twisting is getting out of hand here...it's pretty obvious some of the participants here work for Verizon. Everything about lawsuit we talk about here is if's and but's...I can see that there are some who are trying to discourage me because of genuine concern...but there are those who just want to stop me for suspicious reason...

I've tried all I can with verizon reps...only other option is to seek any legal options available for me(although some of you law experts seem to have worked that out for me already) and to keep notifying media of verizon and RIM's intentional cover-up which by the way I have been doing.

OK..i'll digress and good times all...and thanks to those who genuinely tried to help...I really appreciate that...
    03-10-10 11:15 AM
    .dont waste your money and time to try and sue the largest cell phone company in the U.S. you might as well try and sue Bill Gates
    Let him go ahead, just please be sure to keep this thread alive and post up to date links to news stories concerning this.
    03-10-10 11:16 AM
    This is amazing...statements get twisted, ommitted, unsaid statements are put in, and just about everything that can happen to one's statement happens here.

If this was a person or two just making a mistake because of long thread they are jumping into, I can understand....but it seems there are consistent few who seem to purposefully twist statements or claim things that I have not said...I think this thread has outlived it's usefulness...

Like one of the other guy said, the guy who called me OP lol...at this point this is just a rant...I don't know what's so fishy about it though...what do I gain from here? Anyway, yes, until some action is taken, this is just a rant..so let's close the thread already...

I'll post updates of what I've done on new thread as it happens...assumptions and fact twisting is getting out of hand here...it's pretty obvious some of the participants here work for Verizon. Everything about lawsuit we talk about here is if's and but's...I can see that there are some who are trying to discourage me because of genuine concern...but there are those who just want to stop me for suspicious reason...

I've tried all I can with verizon reps...only other option is to seek any legal options available for me(although some of you law experts seem to have worked that out for me already) and to keep notifying media of verizon and RIM's intentional cover-up which by the way I have been doing.

OK..i'll digress and good times all...and thanks to those who genuinely tried to help...I really appreciate that...
    Hey "OP". All I asked for was some basic information, and you posted a number of times and still couldn't even point me to the place where you said you posted it. (I can't find it). You really didn't want help, you wanted to vent and that's fine. But without basic information the whole premise of what you are trying to accomplish seems misplaced.

Did you install 1 app? Did you install 1000 apps? What were they? Did you do a battery pull or reset after each app? Did you grant them trusted status. Did you install so many you didn't remember? Did you install them from backups on your desktop?

See basic questions. I think all of us would like to understand the scope of the premise of the dysfunction of the devices. Maybe it would help others to avoid repeating the same steps you performed.
    03-10-10 12:06 PM
    Hey "OP". All I asked for was some basic information, and you posted a number of times and still couldn't even point me to the place where you said you posted it. (I can't find it). You really didn't want help, you wanted to vent and that's fine. But without basic information the whole premise of what you are trying to accomplish seems misplaced.

Did you install 1 app? Did you install 1000 apps? What were they? Did you do a battery pull or reset after each app? Did you grant them trusted status. Did you install so many you didn't remember? Did you install them from backups on your desktop?

See basic questions. I think all of us would like to understand the scope of the premise of the dysfunction of the devices. Maybe it would help others to avoid repeating the same steps you performed.
    At this point it doesn't even matter. He was never in it to get help. He wants to run a smear campaign and get free devices and service. He doesn't want to fix it, that would be to logical.
    03-10-10 12:14 PM
    My initial issue is I want all the days I was without phone to be refunded. And to get a phone with different platform/os.

Anyway, money or phone is not much of an issue anymore. I've given up on that. I'll try to work with whatever I get. My issue now is to make this information public. I've already emailed CNN and BBB. I'll get to FCC tomorrow.
    See...He's not interested in "help" he wants to whine and cry, have a fit, make demands, and feel accomplished because he got his way with tantrum tactics.

I personally want to see him waste time, money and effort in his little crusade.
    03-10-10 12:22 PM
    See...He's not interested in "help" he wants to whine and cry, have a fit, make demands, and feel accomplished because he got his way with tantrum tactics.

I personally want to see him waste time, money and effort in his little crusade.
    He's basically acting like a child who can't get/have his way. It's people like this who mess it for people who have legitimate issues with their devices.
    03-10-10 12:43 PM
    This better be good...
    I've went over this countless times with vzw techs and RIM tech..
    There's already a thread about this on 9630 forum sticky. I have also posted there what had happened to me.
    I've also said numerous times both here and the other thread about error 552 that there had been no installation of any files between 2 battery pull when this happened...

Normally, I have Google Map, Sync, Gmail, Poynt, Ka-Gloom(sp?), Bible (by You Version)....I did install and delete winter game score app during Olympics which didn't cause any issues either way.

I know the line RIM techs are going with and what's been talked about on the forum regarding this issue. I don't believe it myself because at one time, RIM tech did clean install of OS for me which did restore the device for the first time. Verizon tech tried to do it their method and didn't work. Anyway, after the clean install, I only backed up contacts per tech recommendation as something troublesome may transfer over. I did not install any program on that device afterwards and it did 552 after about 3-4 hours. I pulled the battery because of sluggish performance and it just crashed...I took it back to the store and store tech told me this is unacceptable that device keeps failing like this. She gave me a new refurbished device on the spot. That phone is currently with RIM I'd assume.

Up until second time that it crashed, my thoughts were also installation issues. Fist time was due to update of Blackberry Appworld application which I downloaded directly from update notice. Second time was after deletion of software that didn't work. 3rd time was again without any installation involved. I've had some of the softwares mentioned above installed days before crash happened...and I pull battery daily. They installed without any issues and worked fine for days. One day, while driving to a place I pulled battery in the car due to sluggish issue and it crashed...RIM tech was able to recover it at that time after verizon tech failed. I asked rim tech how come verizon techs do not know this backdoor methods...he kinda dodged the question..

Same day as I described above, it crashed again...I took it back to the store expecting them to fix it on the spot...tech said if it's already fixed and crashed again like this, it may be the faulty device (her theory, not mine). She replaced it on the spot. That new device is the one that crashed on me currently. This time, the phone worked fine except for sluggish performance which prompted frequent battery pulls and call end button malfuction (which had been present with all the devices) which wouldn't hang up the phone. I'd have to go back to the call screen and end it one more time to hang up (this happened sporadically). Last Wednesday night, after setting the alarm, I noticed the system was sluggish again. I did battery pull and went to sleep thinking It'd reboot and alarm will ring on time as it was defaulted to on. Alarm never rang and I walk up to a white screen with error 552...

gotta go ...brb

03-10-10 02:00 PM
    Yeah, you have a case. Sue their *** off!
    03-10-10 04:19 PM
    The bottom line is, RIM manufactured the device. File the suit against them.

As far as your service goes, ok, a credit for each day you didnt have it. For example, you did not have your bb for 3 days so 29.99/30= .99 x 3= $2.99. I'd give you a credit for $3.
    03-10-10 04:24 PM
    The bottom line is, RIM manufactured the device. File the suit against them.

As far as your service goes, ok, a credit for each day you didnt have it. For example, you did not have your bb for 3 days so 29.99/30= .99 x 3= $2.99. I'd give you a credit for $3.
    he could get money for having a plan also not just the data....but that is if he wins. his entire bill with be divide up and then paid for each day he did not have the device
    03-10-10 04:35 PM
    Yeah, you have a case. Sue their *** off!
    Back..had to go help the x-ray tech...we have new digital x-ray which he's not familiar with.

Anyway, lawsuit isn't based on just the faulty device. After the second replacement, the store tech offered that there's program available which lets me change it to diffferent phone instead of same one. I didn't think I'd have another issue at the time...so just let it go. I crashed again. When I went to the store, they said that that program ended and that I could only get the same device. So I did. No complaints. It happened again. But it was fixed by RIM tech..then happened again. So I went back to the store and when the tech gave me the replacement on the spot..she offered (without me asking for it) that she'd call the 800 herself to try to change the phone for me. She thought that was the right thing to do and having me keep coming over to the store just didn't seem fair. Up until this time, I still didn't push the issue. Since she offered that, I asked if it can be non-BB device since I am reallly wary of using another one and she said that's what she'll do for me.

Then it crashed again. When I went back to the store, there was different tech. He said that he cannot replace it with any different device. Then suddenly he remembered that there's new program. He checked and the 'replacement matrix' only allows me to get another BB...so I'm stuck with either trouble some Tour, or Storm 2. Quality issue for storm phones are well known. I asked if I can go to different platform with comparable pricing. He told me to speak to the phone CS. I did, and they said that that program ended in January and now it's only storm 2 for me.

My problem is that my "personal" anecdotal experience has been pretty bad. It's not beneficial for RIM, Verizon nor me to have 2 replacement phones a month. They cited cost of replacement. So I offered, give me a phone that's less costly than Storm 2. They said no. So I asked, if cost is the issue, why was it available in January and not now? What has changed other than policy. Now, this person lied to me. He said that there's always replacement matrix and I'd only get Storm 2 even back in January. That's not what the store clerk OR the other phone rep told me in the past. My idea of going to another phone didn't start until they offered it first on multiple occasion...what's more? they called just last Monday to say that if this Storm 2 breaks down again, that I'll get a different phone...see the pattern??

All I'm saying is, 5 major malfunction is clearly enough. Each time they say one more time and one more time...I'm tired and sick of going through this one more time. Somewhere in the middle of handling this, have they made any mistakes? Heck yeah...they gave me conflicting, inconsistent answers both on device problems and exchange issues.

If phone exchange was possible before and possible later...why not now? Why do I have to go through another phone break..and if it does crash one more time, I don't know if they'll keep up with their word...what guarantee do I have when they've lied time after time???

Am I ranting and raving? Heck yeah..who wouldn't at this point? I'm currently trying to get out of contract with them. And they won't do that either. One of the Eastern state passed cell phone lemon law which lets you get out of contract if phone breaks more than 3 times. I think that's reasonable don't you think? Should I be stuck with Verizon or pay hundreds to get out of contract? Why? What fault do I have in this? Perhaps if I do win judgement on contact issue, that may set the precedence for cell phone lemon law in California.

I'd think only person who'd side with verizon or RIM on this issue would be those who are employed by them. If you are truly on the consumer end of this, I don't see why you'd be on their side when this can happen to you also...

Yes...keep bringing novice device users into the argument and say this is user fault. The fact is, RIM tech didn't think so and so did Verizon techs...only those of you here think it's my fault that devices are keep failing. Am I seeing a pattern? Perhaps some of you here are PR machine for those companies...

Anyway, there are 2 sides to every story. You think American Justice system wouldn't allow this kind of groundless lawsuits? Well I happen to think American Justice system wouldn't allow these corporate giants to run amock without any kind of recourse for their bad behaviors.

Look..i'm not mad at any one person...When I think back, most of verizon and rim techs were very courteous and well mannered and mostly tried to help out. What I have problem with is their policy. As I've described above, some of them felt that the policy should've been overridden. It's just that they could not get out of the policy since they don't have to authority. I don't fault them for it. I've specifically asked to speak to someone who can override this policy on last phone communication with their tech supervisor. She said that I'd get a phone call around 4pm yesterday. I think by this time, it's clear as a company, verizon doesn't want to budge on the issue.

As some of you think I'm just out to get a new phone and disgruntled, I can understand having strict policy in order to prevent those who try to abuse the system. Should that be enough reason to mistreat those who really do have issues? Policies are policies. They are written for general circumstances. I wrote policies for my clinic. Policies are broken every time when there are exceptional circumstances that it wasn't written for. Verizon thinks my case isn't exceptional...I think it is..we have difference in opinion and since we cannot come to an agreement, I want to settle it in the court. Why should I play dead? Just be cause some of you taunt and belittle me here in this forum? Because my legal knowledge is far shorter than their corporate attorneys? Why?
    03-10-10 04:58 PM
    I appreciate the info. What I don't understand is why multiple phones crashed, although I'm sure I never will. Is one of the apps causing the issue? I doubt it's google maps or poynt. Clearly more than 1 device is can't be non-functional from a software point of view. So it must be something else in the install process.

These things are computers and like all computers they can be crashed to the point of unusability. You managed to do same over 4 or 5 devices. So it has to either be the app or something in the way the phone was manipulated after the install.

At any rate good luck in getting your problem resolved.
    03-10-10 06:57 PM
    Silly post! Hahah

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 11:35 PM
    i think this guy has to check himself into the mental ward.....
    03-11-10 06:21 AM
    this is almost as bad as lisdsay lohan suing for someone using her "name". idiots. i think i should sue her for being a moron. or maybe sure the OP for a worthless sue.
    03-11-10 08:08 AM
    What is OPP?
    OPP, how can I explain it
    I'll take you frame by frame it
    To have y'all jumpin' shall we singin' it
    O is for Other, P is for People scratchin' temple
    The last P...well...that's not that simple
    It's sorta like another way to call a cat a kitten

This thread was a funny read. ********, but funny.
    03-11-10 08:50 AM
    Anyway, lawsuit isn't based on just the faulty device. After the second replacement, the store tech offered that there's program available which lets me change it to diffferent phone instead of same one. I didn't think I'd have another issue at the time...so just let it go. I crashed again. When I went to the store, they said that that program ended and that I could only get the same device. So I did. No complaints. It happened again. But it was fixed by RIM tech..then happened again. So I went back to the store and when the tech gave me the replacement on the spot..she offered (without me asking for it) that she'd call the 800 herself to try to change the phone for me. She thought that was the right thing to do and having me keep coming over to the store just didn't seem fair. Up until this time, I still didn't push the issue. Since she offered that, I asked if it can be non-BB device since I am reallly wary of using another one and she said that's what she'll do for me.

Then it crashed again. When I went back to the store, there was different tech. He said that he cannot replace it with any different device. Then suddenly he remembered that there's new program. He checked and the 'replacement matrix' only allows me to get another BB...so I'm stuck with either trouble some Tour, or Storm 2. Quality issue for storm phones are well known. I asked if I can go to different platform with comparable pricing. He told me to speak to the phone CS. I did, and they said that that program ended in January and now it's only storm 2 for me.
    If that rep offered you that stop complaining here. Go back see that rep get your non-BB device! Why she would call the 800 # is beyond me... she has the authority to do that for you. GO BACK AND SEE HER! Obviously that rep dropped the ball on notating your account. For that I will apologize.

My problem is that my "personal" anecdotal experience has been pretty bad. It's not beneficial for RIM, Verizon nor me to have 2 replacement phones a month. They cited cost of replacement. So I offered, give me a phone that's less costly than Storm 2. They said no. So I asked, if cost is the issue, why was it available in January and not now? What has changed other than policy. Now, this person lied to me. He said that there's always replacement matrix and I'd only get Storm 2 even back in January. That's not what the store clerk OR the other phone rep told me in the past. My idea of going to another phone didn't start until they offered it first on multiple occasion...what's more? they called just last Monday to say that if this Storm 2 breaks down again, that I'll get a different phone...see the pattern??
    There is a matrix for this and most substitution phones are within the same OS platform with PDA/smartphones bc most users prefer to go back to something similar. The policy did change, however, in this instance we could still follow the procedure of getting you a CLNR phone. With multiple phones we could look into other options. While I am having a hard time believing the same 552 error on all of them at this point I would get you into something different just to save us from having 200 Tour's go back because of whatever it is that you are doing to the phones.

All I'm saying is, 5 major malfunction is clearly enough. Each time they say one more time and one more time...I'm tired and sick of going through this one more time. Somewhere in the middle of handling this, have they made any mistakes? Heck yeah...they gave me conflicting, inconsistent answers both on device problems and exchange issues.

If phone exchange was possible before and possible later...why not now? Why do I have to go through another phone break..and if it does crash one more time, I don't know if they'll keep up with their word...what guarantee do I have when they've lied time after time???
    Conflicting and inconsistent answers might be the case, however with the policy change they could have provided you information that was correct at the time. Our updates with policies and other various things change daily. I have seen some policies change multiple times in one day!

Am I ranting and raving? Heck yeah..who wouldn't at this point? I'm currently trying to get out of contract with them. And they won't do that either. One of the Eastern state passed cell phone lemon law which lets you get out of contract if phone breaks more than 3 times. I think that's reasonable don't you think? Should I be stuck with Verizon or pay hundreds to get out of contract? Why? What fault do I have in this? Perhaps if I do win judgement on contact issue, that may set the precedence for cell phone lemon law in California.
    A lemon law for a cell phone shouldn't affect the SERVICE PROVIDER. That should fall on the manufacturer. VZW replaces your phone the first year under the... you guessed it... MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY. Not a SERVICE PROVIDER WARRANTY.

3 times... I don't think is reasonable. If you have a phone that has 3 of the exact same issues then I would consider reasonable. However, your example with the situation you are having IMO isn't anything preventable by RIM or VZW.

I'd think only person who'd side with verizon or RIM on this issue would be those who are employed by them. If you are truly on the consumer end of this, I don't see why you'd be on their side when this can happen to you also...

Yes...keep bringing novice device users into the argument and say this is user fault. The fact is, RIM tech didn't think so and so did Verizon techs...only those of you here think it's my fault that devices are keep failing. Am I seeing a pattern? Perhaps some of you here are PR machine for those companies...

I work for VZW. However, I find it hard to believe that those reps would fully side with you. Once with the 552 error I would side with you. Second time I am starting to wonder what you are doing... 3rd time I am sure it's something that you must be installing on the phone.

Anyway, there are 2 sides to every story. You think American Justice system wouldn't allow this kind of groundless lawsuits? Well I happen to think American Justice system wouldn't allow these corporate giants to run amock without any kind of recourse for their bad behaviors.
    Research the "Contents Hot" lawsuits... groundless lawsuits right there! Especially the lady who sued McDonalds bc she was burnt by her morning coffee. The American Justice system actually favors the small guy! You don't see it that often in the news simply bc the Giants settle out of court just to avoid the publicity that goes along with it.

It's not Hollywood in the corporate world. By that I mean "any publicity is good publicity."

Common sense would tell me that if I continued to have the errors you are having I would narrow it down to what's causing it. I would get the error once... after that I would start focusing in on when I got the error. Then again I am technical like that and want to know so I can pass along that information to others.

Look..i'm not mad at any one person...When I think back, most of verizon and rim techs were very courteous and well mannered and mostly tried to help out. What I have problem with is their policy. As I've described above, some of them felt that the policy should've been overridden. It's just that they could not get out of the policy since they don't have to authority. I don't fault them for it. I've specifically asked to speak to someone who can override this policy on last phone communication with their tech supervisor. She said that I'd get a phone call around 4pm yesterday. I think by this time, it's clear as a company, verizon doesn't want to budge on the issue.
    Didn't have the authority? That's a load of garbage! Personally I think they fed you that line to get you back into the same phone and try to get you to fill out a positive NPS score for them. But that's my personal opinion.

As some of you think I'm just out to get a new phone and disgruntled, I can understand having strict policy in order to prevent those who try to abuse the system. Should that be enough reason to mistreat those who really do have issues? Policies are policies. They are written for general circumstances. I wrote policies for my clinic. Policies are broken every time when there are exceptional circumstances that it wasn't written for. Verizon thinks my case isn't exceptional...I think it is..we have difference in opinion and since we cannot come to an agreement, I want to settle it in the court. Why should I play dead? Just be cause some of you taunt and belittle me here in this forum? Because my legal knowledge is far shorter than their corporate attorneys? Why?
    I'm not here to belittle you or taunt you! However, you have failed to read the contract you signed. Failed to read up on the policies that affect you and failed to understand that this issue you are having may be the way you operate your device.
    03-11-10 09:11 AM
    <snip>
    Common sense would tell me that if I continued to have the errors you are having I would narrow it down to what's causing it. I would get the error once... after that I would start focusing in on when I got the error. Then again I am technical like that and want to know so I can pass along that information to others.
    </snip>
    That one little comment is what has me wondering. A friend of mine has the Tour since July and I believe just got hit by the 552 bug. So 8 months without any issues whatsoever. Phone got replaced under warranty no questions asked.

I haven't yet had time to find out the exact story of what happened, but I will. Unfortunately the golden rule of back-up, back-up, back-up was not followd.
    03-11-10 10:07 AM
    this is almost as bad as lisdsay lohan suing for someone using her "name". idiots. i think i should sue her for being a moron. or maybe sure the OP for a worthless sue.
    i did get a could laugh when i heard that she was doing that.
    03-11-10 11:48 AM
    Obviously one side is not being totally honest, and what it all boils down to is honesty, and accountability. The bigger person will come forward and take responsibility. If not, then whoever is the liar will have to live with th fact that they are nothing but a selfish spoiled brat who should grow up, be it the OP or Verizon. This thread just goes to show how ridiculous people get over a device. Pure immaturity at it's finest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 02:07 PM
    I'm not here to belittle you or taunt you! However, you have failed to read the contract you signed. Failed to read up on the policies that affect you and failed to understand that this issue you are having may be the way you operate your device.
    Actually, I'd like to know why it cause it also. As I've stated numerous times, I like the device if it wasn't for the error I kept getting. Up until second time it failed, I thought I had the pattern down. Tech reps at the time claimed that it was unapproved 3rd party software that causes it (not, since I only download from appworld and you'll see example from this forum that it happens with installation of approved programs), then they said it was something with intallation process, which I agreed up until second time. But once I take into account how it happened with 3rd, 4th, and 5th fails, only consistent activity I was doing is frequent battery pull...which by the way, according to a sticky on this issue recommends doing...I have shared as much as I can with techs in each case telling them exactly how it happened.

The problem is, they don't tell me how to prevent it other than to tell me not to download non-verizon approved programs, which I already don't. I get overwhelming responses here that this is user fault since same thing had happened so many times.

I don't do anything particularly special with the tour. Like most people who use the device, I use it to receive emails and messages. Rarely I reply with it. Use the browser rarely because of such lag. Time to time I use Poynt to check weather. Once or twice a week I use it to find restaurant or other places around me. I very rarely play games on it. I can't play more then couple of minutes and to think of it, I haven't played at all past couple of months...

Most of the time I carry it, it's in my holster. And only comes out when I check email or when I do any of the above. Email checking (and frequently deleting them) is about 90% of what I do with it. I don't emit radiation, do not live near strong EMF source, phone get's battery pulled before going to bed and get plugged into charger overnight afterwards.

I do have 2 kids, but they are not allowed to touch the phone and they don't have the chance to since I carry it in my holster and do not leave it out and about.

By now, both Verizon and RIM should've had their chance to work with many devices. Someone here said that even if the phone is wiped, there's way to trace the activity. So they should have pretty good idea what's causing this. All they had to do was let me know what not to do and that would've solved the problem. I can't pretend to know more than RIM or Verizon techs. If they can't figure it out, I can't either.

I have used cell since mid 90's. Up until January of this year with Tour, I've never had to use the warrantee on a cell phone. Only trouble I've ever had was battery several years ago after about year use and that was easily replaced with purchase of new battery. Other than brief skirt with Sprint and Cingular in the late 90's, I've been with Verizon all these time. They should have my record. I purchase my phone, and stick with it for 2 years until next upgrade. I don't particularly have preference in phone either. I only purchase Tour because I had started teaching and needed to stay in touch with students via messengers or emails through school's exchange. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have even purchased a smartphone.

I didn't have use for it and I didn't particularly want one. I've used PDA phone in earlier this decade and wasn't happy with the size and function. So I ditched it long time ago and never looked back. So when you guys accuse me of doing this because I want another phone like Droid, you can't be further from the truth. It's just another overblown device with a lot of features I would never use.

All I asked Verizon was, since I am having such trouble with this device, and since this doesn't benefit them either to give me gazillion phones, give me something comparable and reliable, reliable being the keyword.

Anyway, I only have 3 options at this point. Live with what they give me and risk keep exchanging the device. Try to get them to give me different device or break contract. And third option is to litigate it to either get a new device or get out of contract. First option is just something I cannot bring myself to do. Second one already saled. So 3rd option is the only one I can go with.

I paid for the phone, part of it initially and rest of it through monthly plan that I'm contracted with. I don't see why I should accept or live with defective device. I'm asking for fair exchange, refund, or to break the contract since all reasonable attempt to obtain device resolution has been exhausted.

Verizon doesn't agree with that. Court's function is to settle dispute. I am taking it to the court to settle the dispute. Why are you people comparing it to McD's hot coffee trial? What parallel could you possibly draw from this?

The initial contract? You mean the one that every cell phone company has that states they can't be at fault no matter what? So either you sign one of those or live with out cell phone? You really think that'd be considered reasonable? I'd think FCC would have some issues with that kind of lock down on accessibility...to have certain means of communication can only be obtained through accepting unfair contract. Hmmm...here's something I can add to FCC complaint..

ah..it's 8th consecutive days without phone. I sure LOVE verizon's speedy service. How can anyone not like them...
    03-11-10 03:06 PM
    Yes...keep bringing novice device users into the argument and say this is user fault. The fact is, RIM tech didn't think so and so did Verizon techs...only those of you here think it's my fault that devices are keep failing.
    What they say and what they think may be two different things. People here can be blunt because they don't have to walk the company line...
    03-11-10 03:13 PM
154 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD