03-15-10 12:34 PM
154 ... 23456 ...
tools
    If you feel that listening to reason means agreeing with your view, then you are absolutely right. I judge situation based on what I believe is reasonable. I don't believe that American Legal System would protect big corporations to the extent you believe. As long as you believe that that's the case, you'll never have a case against them and of course no chance of winning anything.

If I see possibilities regardless of it's size...then it's no longer impossible...

There's no such thing as absolute in legal language. I may have to change the attack angle..but I'm confident I can find something in anything.

You can roll over and play dead if you like. I'd rather bark even if it kills me.

Clearly. Also a lack of ability to listen to reason, judging by the rest of this thread.
    03-09-10 05:50 PM
    Well, then the suit will be against RIM as far as device flaw goes. Verizon still didn't refund the missed days. Below also states they aren't responsible for data loss when they work on the device. But they do not say anything about during the time they are not working on the device. As far as limitation of liability goes, they only limit indirect loss caused by direct damage. Direct damage is still game. I just need to prove latter.

I see possiblities with this lol...
    Verizon does not work on your device, RIM does. Verizon did not cause you any direct damage.
    03-09-10 05:58 PM
    03-09-10 06:22 PM
    For the time being I'll be the judge of that...I'm going to contemplate on that.
    Language is a tricky thing. I'll have to read the contract in entirety first.

Verizon does not work on your device, RIM does. Verizon did not cause you any direct damage.
    03-09-10 06:24 PM
    yes yes...be scared of the big monster...and stay home and never have adventure in your life....

Last edited by sportsdc; 03-09-10 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typo
    03-09-10 06:26 PM
    For the time being I'll be the judge of that...I'm going to contemplate on that.
    Language is a tricky thing. I'll have to read the contract in entirety first.
    Uh no there really isn't anything to think about. You give your phone to Verizon, they give you one that RIM sent them to replace your broken phone and they send the broken phones to RIM.
    03-09-10 06:27 PM
    yes yes...be scared of the big monster...and stay home and never have adventure in your life....
    You consider windmills monsters?

Jeez, skyscrapers must be The Horsemen of the Apocalypse to you.
    03-09-10 06:53 PM
    Did you try exectutive relations? I'm certain they would do their best to try to make you satisfied and retify the situation. Perhaps there is room for compromise?
    03-09-10 07:03 PM

this is true, but in so many different courts cases. people are able to sue the store they purchased a product from, and the company that manufactures that product. you have to love our legal system.
    03-09-10 07:27 PM
    I'll have to read the contract in entirety first.
    LOL, you're this deep into your "lawsuit" and you haven't done that yet??

Take it from someone who has read it, they've got things pretty well covered and you don't seem to have much of a case, IMO. What's the legal basis of your claim?
    03-09-10 07:34 PM
    As I previously said you have gone through multiple devices with each having the same error. Would you share what software you are installing? Are you on BIS or BES? It's true all software has it's flaws, but there seems to be a pattern. I looked up 552 on the web and people seem to get it one time, recover and move on. It's not I don't believe the error doesn't exist, I don't believe the phone "just broke" without anything else happening.

I doubt it's hardware, so it must be something happening on or to the phone. I also look up BSOD and got 2.5 million hits, I haven't heard anybody suing Microsoft.

In the time I had the phone, since July, it locked up a handful of times. While the 552 is real, what or how you installed whatever you installed had to have a hand in the issue.
    Last edited by i7guy; 03-09-10 at 08:01 PM.
    03-09-10 07:55 PM
    Did you try exectutive relations? I'm certain they would do their best to try to make you satisfied and retify the situation. Perhaps there is room for compromise?
    I did try the number you gave me. But it was finance office, not executive c/s. Last supervisor I talked to, I asked her that I want to someone who can over-ride supervisor's decision as she explained she cannot override another supervisor's decision herself. She stated she'd have someone call me at 4pm and it's 6 already. So no..I think I've gone as far I I can with just talking to them...
    03-09-10 08:01 PM
    You consider windmills monsters?

Jeez, skyscrapers must be The Horsemen of the Apocalypse to you.
    wow, was that your attempt to appeal clever. Why stop there...give me a few more or are you out of ideas already...come on...you can do better...
    03-09-10 08:02 PM

Take it from someone who has read it, they've got things pretty well covered and you don't seem to have much of a case, IMO. What's the legal basis of your claim?
    What depth level are you talking about...I haven't thought about lawsuit until yesterday. Yes you must be very confused...I'll get to things in due course. I have plenty of time to contemplate and measure the situation. Whether there's case or not, whether I win or lose, I'm in it for the long haul...too bad you won't get instant gratification...
    03-09-10 08:06 PM
    If you are really going to do this, you should spend a month at least reading up on your contract and other phones that have experienced the same problem as yours. the more leg work you have done for your lawyer the better. A case does not just end in a month, stuff like this can go on for a year, or so.

By then if this problem has been fixed, his case with just be dropped. Because the outcome will have not an effect.

And with Verizon already in court they would push your case back.

What are you even looking to get out of this?
    03-09-10 09:10 PM
    What depth level are you talking about...I haven't thought about lawsuit until yesterday. Yes you must be very confused...I'll get to things in due course. I have plenty of time to contemplate and measure the situation. Whether there's case or not, whether I win or lose, I'm in it for the long haul...too bad you won't get instant gratification...
    ^^^ That's the depth level I'm talking about.

Again I will ask, what is the legal basis of your claim? Fraud? Breach of warranty?
    03-09-10 09:15 PM
    lol..it's small claims..it'll be fast...but I will try to move things within this month.
    Plenty of examples on this forum to work with. Geesh, the problem post page of Storm 2 they are trying to replace my Tour with is over a hundred pages...yikes...

What am I trying to get out of this? Any kind of win...even if it's a small one, I'll settle for that. That's the immediate goal...whatever happens afterwards is going to have to wait until this first one's done...
    03-09-10 09:19 PM
    lol...I'll post that after I fill out the application...you'll just have to wait patiently like all good things...

^^^ That's the depth level I'm talking about.

Again I will ask, what is the legal basis of your claim? Fraud? Breach of warranty?
    03-09-10 09:21 PM
    lol..it's small claims..it'll be fast...but I will try to move things within this month.
    Plenty of examples on this forum to work with. Geesh, the problem post page of Storm 2 they are trying to replace my Tour with is over a hundred pages...yikes...

What am I trying to get out of this? Any kind of win...even if it's a small one, I'll settle for that. That's the immediate goal...whatever happens afterwards is going to have to wait until this first one's done...
    you know that a Internet forum is not going to hold up in a lawsuit right?
    03-09-10 09:25 PM
    This whole thing is fishy and more of a diatribe and rant. I asked the OP twice what apps seems to be causing the issue and what actions were taken after the install and got no answer. Doesn't seem like he wants to share what is causing the issue.

While the 552 error seems to be random and I do agree it is an error showing up on the phone and is well documented, I wondering if the apps themselves are part of the problem.
    03-09-10 10:07 PM
    This whole thing is fishy and more of a diatribe and rant. I asked the OP twice what apps seems to be causing the issue and what actions were taken after the install and got no answer. Doesn't seem like he wants to share what is causing the issue.

While the 552 error seems to be random and I do agree it is an error showing up on the phone and is well documented, I wondering if the apps themselves are part of the problem.
    or did the people not battery pull after dling a new app.
    03-09-10 10:21 PM
    OMG, that's may be even funnier than not yet reading the agreement. Post up that judgment when you get it...
    03-10-10 12:04 AM
    If you want a diff phone, you'll either pay full retail; use an alternate upgrade; and/or get a diff device (certified like new) but will have to pay for the accessories (i.e. charger, battery and back door).
    03-10-10 12:46 AM
    Geesh, the problem post page of Storm 2 they are trying to replace my Tour with is over a hundred pages...yikes...
    That's because there's hundreds of idiots that don't know how to work their phone, overwork it, think because the screen isn't perfectly flat, squared out, and glowing, there's a hardware defect and it needs to be returned, an installing stuff from their 8700g and wondering why it's not working on their new phone. The 'Storm2 Problems' thread is so full of ****, a politician would be jealous.
    03-10-10 08:13 AM
    I think BB's fault is that they tried to make their business machine an entertainment console as well. I see that now Tour ships a version without camera. Other than using it for caller id picture, I really had no use of it. So's media player. They should make business machines a business machine instead of making everything a crossover. The problem is that they have niche device which they are trying to appeal to everyone. All it does is drive up the cost of the device and make it unreachable to larger masses. Instead of $600 do everything device, Tour should've been trimmed down to $2-300 PDA. And Storm 2 should've gone multimedia route. Instead, you have 2 machines with different design trying to do the same thing.

I have 3 of my former Tours in hands of RIM. From what Verizon tech supervisor tells me, they ship their defects to RIM to analyze and wipe, then send it back to them as refurbished (or certified replacement). They should by now know what is causing this if they didn't know already.

Only reason why they claim they do not know what's causing it may be, in my opinion, because they are trying to leave a backdoor to backstep away from when this problem becomes publicized and need to answer why they sat on the information. If they actually have an identified problem, they'll have hard time trying to explain why they couldn't come forth earlier. As long as they claim this to be a mystery, they can always say "we did not know what the problem was."

Wish RIM would get better as a developer rather than PR machine.
    You are obviously clueless! RIM makes a Tour w/o a camera for people who can NOT have a phone with a camera but need the full features of a PDA! And the days of a PDA as a niche device is long gone! Look at the market and how it's trending... I sure hope people can catch up to this trend.

And let me get this straight you want RIM to cut the price in half of the phone just bc you have an issue that you can't provide any information on other that 552?

What's wrong with having 2 devices in the same category? Some people prefer a keyboard... others want touchscreen... wait nevermind you won't understand that.

I don't want a compromise. I want him to waste his time and effort at this point! If he is such the law guru then his first step should have been to read his contract. Oops he missed that step. Just another irate customer who feels entitled to a new phone and failed to read the contract they signed.

Covered and double covered. Oh and his claim... we're still waiting.

This thread will reach epic status when he replies with actions taken... within a month? Come on... nothing in our legal system get's processed in a month. Heck a speeding ticket doesn't go from start to finish in a month.
    03-10-10 08:44 AM
154 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD