03-15-10 12:34 PM
154 1234 ...
tools
    I did research droid and I'm not in love with it. It's a fine device, but it's physical keyboard is horrendous. That's one of the reason why I picked Tour over other touch screen devices. I want fast message device with solid and fast contact/calendar...I think droid would be a better device for my wife.

I think my best bet aside from BB would be Palm Pre Plus. But I don't know where they are going. Are they going to be in business next few years? lol...

LOL I think you're getting the hint! DROIIIIDDDD
    03-09-10 12:44 AM
    Same exact thing happened to me with Sprint. They refused to live up to their promises. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. 24 hours later someone higher up from Sprint contacted me and gave me everything I wanted and more and a huge discount on my plan.
    03-09-10 12:47 AM
    No this is not about one month of free service. This is about not wanting to spend hours with tech support..
    And you think Small Claims court is going to move fast and not take your time? LOL...
    03-09-10 12:48 AM
    When was the Storm 2 recalled?
    I think it was pretty recent...below is the letter I found from planetfeedback

Known Device Issues
    Posted Sat March 6, 2010 1:11 pm, by Jason F. written to Verizon Wireless (Cell Phones)
    Write a Letter to this Company | Rate this Company

I am a Verizon Wireless customer (VIP) and am happy with my Verizon Wireless service overall, however, I see a serious issue with Verizon reps not acknowledging or reporting known device flaws to customers who report them. Just recently I read a report that Verizon was recalling BB Storm 2's because of locked lower half screens. For months, many people have complained all over the net on very active and well known sites like crackberry.com and when I decided to inform Verizon about the issue myself, CS and tech support denied that it was a reported issue. Sure enough, after I directed them to multiple tech forums they looked into it further and finally acknowledged to me that there was a memo explaining a recall for the exact problem I had reported. All was fixed and my replacement is in the mail, however, this is the 3rd time throughout my 10+ years with Verizon that I have had to direct a tech support rep to a forum to see how many "known issues" with a popular device there really was.

Known issues are usually reported, especially when the masses of customers are reporting them on active community forums. And when a reputable company representative from Verizon Wireless states that it is the first they heard of it, it appears to show a level of dishonesty with the customer.

Although no harm was done in my case, I feel it can lead to a future of negative customer satisfaction. Please look into this issue as it is not often that I will express such concern enough to write such a letter. Thank you for your time and I hope to continue being a loyal customer for a long time to come.

I would like that verizon either create a more efficiant system for reporting "known device issues" or be honest and straight with the customer when issues are reported that are common with the masses of customers, especially when devices are new to market.
    03-09-10 12:55 AM
    And you think Small Claims court is going to move fast and not take your time? LOL...
    Revenge is a strange thing. Somehow I don't think I'll mind wasting some time to see them wasting their resources sending company rep to the small claims court (better if they have company attorney as they'd cost more per hour lol)...
    03-09-10 12:58 AM
    Well, I do back up often. The thing is, in the middle of the day, I do not have time to keep backing up new data to other resources...Even if I do daily back up when I get home or at the end of the day, there's potential of losing that days data if phone breaks down that day...

I got in the habit of writing things down on paper because of this issue, which defeats the purpose of having such device to begin with. So you see, this BB became useless for me due to it's reliability issues...

You can't rely on ANY phone to be the single location for important data. If it's really that valuable, you should be syncing and backing up regularly, especially considering the problems you claim to have. If you can't do it through the native BB system, Google has some good options.

As for the lawsuit, it won't help you or embarrass them. The agreement you signed probably contains an arbitration clause, so that they don't get dragged into court over every angry customer. Secondly, you can only sue for the amount of your damages, which is what? They don't guarantee perfect service or devices.

You're best bet, IMO, is to call and ask for a supervisor that would be overseeing your issue. Be insistent but stay calm. Histrionics won't help the situation. Explain your case and ask what can be done, short of arbitration, to resolve the situation. Ask them to sum up the call in an email. Call back once a day to see where things are at. It's that kind of persistence that will get results.
    03-09-10 01:01 AM
    Revenge is a strange thing. Somehow I don't think I'll mind wasting some time to see them wasting their resources sending company rep to the small claims court (better if they have company attorney as they'd cost more per hour lol)...
    Well, don't cut off your nose to spite your face. You'll most likely have to go to arbitration, not small claims court and you'll probably never actually make it to either. They aren't paying a lawfirm to represent them, they've got people on the payroll. If they aren't filing the papers in your case, they'll be doing something else and costing VZW the same regardless. It's just another dept doing its thing, the thing they do every day. You won't have executives wringing their hands out of worry over your neg publicity campaign.
    03-09-10 01:18 AM
    Well, I have thought this through a lot more then you might give me credit for. Of course they cannot hire law firm as in small claims doesn't allow hired attorneys. It has to be company employee.

And I'm not aiming this at a particular person. Corporation has identity of it's own when it grows certain size. Of course some executive won't be worried over my small hate campaign. However, does that do less damage to the company? Every post I make on net, may equal to at least a person or 2 away from verizon.

Do you know rule of 12 in service industry? You **** off 1 person and he/she will tell 12 others..then those 12 will tell 12 more each, which means you have 144 people not satisfied with your service and so on...

I know it'll have an effect... whether some pencil neck and corporate headquarter notices it or not is moot to me. I'm normally a nice guy...but I'm making an exception in this case. After reading more articles describing similar behavior Verizon has been up to, I think they deserve to be knocked out of #2 spot in US market.

It looks like I'm just one of many in the long line of people getting screwed by Verizon. I bought a phone. It's a junk. I want to exchange it for another device. That's not too much to ask. Especially after replacing it this many times. I think I've more than proved I need a friggin different phone...

BTW, this is straight out of one of Verizon tech guy. He told me that BB has been increasingly having quality issues both software and hardware because they've been pushing to get caught up with other smartphones.

So those of you who feel that your BB device perfect in every way (some even claimed it to be flawless lol), look up the word fanboyism...there's more to life than to worship a phone company or a phone device manufacturers...junk is a junk no matter how blinded you are...

Well, don't cut off your nose to spite your face. You'll most likely have to go to arbitration, not small claims court and you'll probably never actually make it to either. They aren't paying a lawfirm to represent them, they've got people on the payroll. If they aren't filing the papers in your case, they'll be doing something else and costing VZW the same regardless. It's just another dept doing its thing, the thing they do every day. You won't have executives wringing their hands out of worry over your neg publicity campaign.
    03-09-10 01:40 AM
    I bought a phone. It's a junk. I want to exchange it for another device. That's not too much to ask. Especially after replacing it this many times. I think I've more than proved I need a friggin different phone...
    A new device is not part of your warranty. And you have 30 days to decide if the phone is right for you.
    03-09-10 02:56 AM
    In order to be able to sue someone, you need to prove that they broke some sort of law or caused significant damages due to negligence. I love how people just throw around the word "sue" when in reality they do not even know what it means.
    03-09-10 03:09 AM
    I am not a lawyer btw. Good luck!
    03-09-10 03:11 AM
    Its unfortunate that you have had that many issues with the device, but you will also be "wasting" time and money filing a claim. You are the customer and you don't have to continue to stay with VZW if you choose not to. If you don't feel like they gave you the level of service you think you deserve, then don't give them any more of your money and change carriers.

No one forces you to stay with any carrier, but realize in all instances, you as the customer sign a contract. VZW will only do what it has to based on its obligations in the contract. I am almost certain that they keep records and comments on your account as to what they did to try and assist you with your issue. Any company will cover itself by pulling these documents if they have to for court to "prove" that they did something to try and assist you.

Its admirable that you want your voice heard but realize that big companies like VZW always have an "ace in their back pocket". Its seems that you have already alerted the media of your dissatisfaction. You would be better off taking your hard earned money elsewhere.
    03-09-10 08:29 AM
    waa waaa waaa... people are to "sue" happy ... your never going to win against Verizon as they did nothign wrong. read the contract that you signed buddy....
    03-09-10 08:36 AM
    that was one of the dumbest things I have ever read.
    03-09-10 08:53 AM
    don't sue it is a waste of your time, it wont even make it to court. You have no grounds to sue on. Verizon has a very tight contract, and word of mouth does not mean anything.(they say it does, but Verizon is smart enough to get around it)

but i do agree with you that phones should have a type of lemon law in california.
    03-09-10 09:50 AM
    Well, I have thought this through a lot more then you might give me credit for. Of course they cannot hire law firm as in small claims doesn't allow hired attorneys. It has to be company employee.

And I'm not aiming this at a particular person. Corporation has identity of it's own when it grows certain size. Of course some executive won't be worried over my small hate campaign. However, does that do less damage to the company? Every post I make on net, may equal to at least a person or 2 away from verizon.

Do you know rule of 12 in service industry? You **** off 1 person and he/she will tell 12 others..then those 12 will tell 12 more each, which means you have 144 people not satisfied with your service and so on...

I know it'll have an effect... whether some pencil neck and corporate headquarter notices it or not is moot to me. I'm normally a nice guy...but I'm making an exception in this case. After reading more articles describing similar behavior Verizon has been up to, I think they deserve to be knocked out of #2 spot in US market.

It looks like I'm just one of many in the long line of people getting screwed by Verizon. I bought a phone. It's a junk. I want to exchange it for another device. That's not too much to ask. Especially after replacing it this many times. I think I've more than proved I need a friggin different phone...

BTW, this is straight out of one of Verizon tech guy. He told me that BB has been increasingly having quality issues both software and hardware because they've been pushing to get caught up with other smartphones.

So those of you who feel that your BB device perfect in every way (some even claimed it to be flawless lol), look up the word fanboyism...there's more to life than to worship a phone company or a phone device manufacturers...junk is a junk no matter how blinded you are...
    I'm a satisified customer and I would like to know what you do to your phone that you have to worry about minute by minute backups and how you manage to get so many 522 errors?

It would probably help if you could describe what apps you install, what apps you deinstall. How you use your phone and when it is unstable what is going on.

Would you sue Microsoft because they produce software that BSODs or that can be infected with a virus. (Do a web search for bsod, I came up with 2.5 million hits, obviously there is an issue). Pointing out no softwae is infallible.

My Tour has been rock solid stable. I know you don't want to hear that, but nontheless it is a good phone.

And finally, "fanboyism", that kind of made lol. You like a product or service, the product or service works well for you. You recommend that product or service. You define that as "fanboyism".

Good luck with your cause. Bless the internet.
    03-09-10 10:09 AM
    that was one of the dumbest things I have ever read.
    x2.... always crazy people out there
    03-09-10 10:58 AM
    Someones asking to be fired LMAO! Good luck bucko...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 11:09 AM
    This'd be my first lawsuit of any kind in my 38 years of life...

waa waaa waaa... people are to "sue" happy ... your never going to win against Verizon as they did nothign wrong. read the contract that you signed buddy....
    03-09-10 11:36 AM
    This'd be my first lawsuit of any kind in my 38 years of life...
    he didn't mean you are sue happy, but tons of people in America are sue happy. People just sue over the dumbest things now a days. You won't get very far with this, you will only be wasting your money.
    03-09-10 11:38 AM
    For problem I'm referring to, go to 9630 forum here...it's one of the stickies on top. I have input my problem there also. As far as why I'm having so much issues with this? I have no idea. I'm not a very heavy user at all.

As far as 'fanboyism' comment goes, I wasn't referring to those who are happy with product/service and refer. I was talking to those who are blatantly biased against anyone who say anything bad against certain company or product...

Read the whole thread and you'll see some of that here...

And some here thinks that 552 is a joke because they've never experienced it or don't know anyone who had...

again go to 9630 forum..there are plenty of people with same problem. RIM was onto it months ago and posted workaround on their web site, which by the way didn't work for me...

So this is real problem, and I don't know if RIM really doesn't know what's the cause or are just covering...but there's no permanent solution for it.

The quality issue of BB was already discussed with VZW techs and they also feel that BB has quality issue recently...

Only Fan Boys of BB and verizon here seems to think BB is flawless in design and verizon can't do no wrong...

I'm a satisified customer and I would like to know what you do to your phone that you have to worry about minute by minute backups and how you manage to get so many 522 errors?

It would probably help if you could describe what apps you install, what apps you deinstall. How you use your phone and when it is unstable what is going on.

Would you sue Microsoft because they produce software that BSODs or that can be infected with a virus. (Do a web search for bsod, I came up with 2.5 million hits, obviously there is an issue). Pointing out no softwae is infallible.

My Tour has been rock solid stable. I know you don't want to hear that, but nontheless it is a good phone.

And finally, "fanboyism", that kind of made lol. You like a product or service, the product or service works well for you. You recommend that product or service. You define that as "fanboyism".

Good luck with your cause. Bless the internet.
    03-09-10 11:43 AM
    What's the issue? Or are you having "problems" because you want a new phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This seems to be a typical response from Verizons CSR's on this site.
    03-09-10 11:44 AM
    I believe devices that cost over certain prices have automatic 90 day warranty no matter what the contract says. And warranty does include replacing the device if it's can't be fixed. And refund is also included in the language.

And you guys have mistaken notion about arbitration agreement. I'm a medical legal expert. Even arbitration agreement you sign at hospitals are not enforcible. It's only there to discourage those who are ignorant. Right to sue is constitutional right. You cannot sign away your right.

Those who are attorney wannabe's...there's an old saying in East. If you are ignorant, just remain silent and at least you'll be perceived as average. You keep talking and reveal your ignorance.

A lot of assumptions are flying about here. I'm sue happy, I'm cheap and greedy and want free new phone and month, from which statement I said gave you that idea?

Is Verizon and RIM that infallible in your consciousness? Even when both RIM and Verizon has admitted problem with the device, some of you still think somehow this device error doesn't really exist.

It's either some kind of unidentified mental disease or you guys work for those companies. I think it's beyond fanboyism...

A new device is not part of your warranty. And you have 30 days to decide if the phone is right for you.
    03-09-10 11:52 AM
    This seems to be a typical response from Verizons CSR's on this site.
    It is in fact there favorite response.
    03-09-10 12:05 PM
    For problem I'm referring to, go to 9630 forum here...it's one of the stickies on top. I have input my problem there also. As far as why I'm having so much issues with this? I have no idea. I'm not a very heavy user at all.

As far as 'fanboyism' comment goes, I wasn't referring to those who are happy with product/service and refer. I was talking to those who are blatantly biased against anyone who say anything bad against certain company or product...

Read the whole thread and you'll see some of that here...

And some here thinks that 552 is a joke because they've never experienced it or don't know anyone who had...

again go to 9630 forum..there are plenty of people with same problem. RIM was onto it months ago and posted workaround on their web site, which by the way didn't work for me...

So this is real problem, and I don't know if RIM really doesn't know what's the cause or are just covering...but there's no permanent solution for it.

The quality issue of BB was already discussed with VZW techs and they also feel that BB has quality issue recently...

Only Fan Boys of BB and verizon here seems to think BB is flawless in design and verizon can't do no wrong...
    I seriously would like to know what apps you install and deinstall to get the 522, how you install them, etc. I know people say they have gotten the dreaded 522, but clearly there are those who don't and I don't believe it's random.
    03-09-10 12:17 PM
154 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD