... currently have a BB 9650 which I purchased this past July on a 2-year contract. If I were to purchase the new Moto when released by paying full retail and not subsidized, can I use this as my primary phone and then sell the BB on ebay. If I were to sell on EBay, should I get phone unlocked or have ESN changed? Thanks for any info.
    01-14-11 06:50 PM
    ... currently have a BB 9650 which I purchased this past July on a 2-year contract. If I were to purchase the new Moto when released by paying full retail and not subsidized, can I use this as my primary phone and then sell the BB on ebay. If I were to sell on EBay, should I get phone unlocked or have ESN changed? Thanks for any info.
    If you do it, you can sell the BB. Make sure it's not linked to your account before you sell it. You shouldn't need to do anything besides wipe your info on the phone. If you want to bother unlocking it to get more interest/buyers, it's an option, but not required.

Also, if you're the primary line on the account (and pay 49.99 or more for your prim line service plan), you can do one last Annual upgrade a year from the July date and get the 2 year pricing (and still sell the BB). Another option depending on the release date/how much you want to wait.
    01-14-11 08:38 PM
    I would sell it on Kijiji locally so you can make sure the transfer to the new owner goes smoother, then call retentions and tell them you want a deal or youre leaving.
    01-14-11 08:42 PM
    I would sell it on Kijiji locally so you can make sure the transfer to the new owner goes smoother, then call retentions and tell them you want a deal or youre leaving.
    And retentions will say, "okay, sorry we can't see you stay...let's proceed with your disconnect."

The easiest way to get a new phone at 2-year pricing is to add a line to your plan. Than throw a dumb phone on the new line and transfer the new phone to your main line. You can either wait and pay the 10 a month for the 24 months or you can cancel immediately for 340 (have to wait at least 30 days to cancel and keep the equipment). Sell your current phone and that helps pay the cancellation fee.
    01-14-11 09:34 PM
    Yes, get the Bold unlocked. It raises the resale value. You can't change the ESN.

You can also sell it here on CrackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 09:36 PM
    And retentions will say, "okay, sorry we can't see you stay...let's proceed with your disconnect."

The easiest way to get a new phone at 2-year pricing is to add a line to your plan. Than throw a dumb phone on the new line and transfer the new phone to your main line. You can either wait and pay the 10 a month for the 24 months or you can cancel immediately for 340 (have to wait at least 30 days to cancel and keep the equipment). Sell your current phone and that helps pay the cancellation fee.
    Let me see if I have this straight....
    Currently, I have one phone, BB9650 on my account. I should add a 2nd line and purchase a dumb phone for this 2nd line. Wouldn't I want to purchase the new Motorola Bionic for the 2nd line to get the 2-year pricing? Thanks for your input!
    01-16-11 05:08 PM
    Yes, get the Bold unlocked. It raises the resale value. You can't change the ESN.

You can also sell it here on CrackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If I just cancelled my Verizon account and paid the ETF, what do I need to do to enable my phone to be sold and used by someone else?
    01-16-11 05:11 PM
    Let me see if I have this straight....
    Currently, I have one phone, BB9650 on my account. I should add a 2nd line and purchase a dumb phone for this 2nd line. Wouldn't I want to purchase the new Motorola Bionic for the 2nd line to get the 2-year pricing? Thanks for your input!
    Purchase the Bionic on your new second line. Have the rep move it to your primary line. If you have a feature phone lying around (or buy a super cheap one online) have the rep put that phone on your second line so there is minimal charges (9.99).

If I just cancelled my Verizon account and paid the ETF, what do I need to do to enable my phone to be sold and used by someone else?
    If you decide to cancel and pay the ETF and turn around and sign up as a new customer to get 2 year agreement pricing on the Bionic, you will lose your number. Your credit will be run again. You'll be treated like a new customer. It is easier to just add a line and cancel the second line after 30 days.

If you want to enable your phone to be sold, you need to remove it from your plan BEFORE you cancel. If you don't, you'll have to wait until the end of your last bill cycle. The ESN of your Bold will be tied to your account...until the cancellation is put through final processing.
    01-16-11 10:52 PM
    Or just start saving now and buy it full retail...
    01-16-11 10:57 PM
    Or just start saving now and buy it full retail...
    Ha ha ha, ouch...that is never the easy way. Well it may be the easiest, but it is not always the cheapest. Even though the ETF with the 2 year pricing, comes out to about what the phone would be at full retail.
    01-16-11 11:55 PM
    you can pay about $20 to unlock your bb or you can call Verizon's Global Services and ask them for the code because you are about to travel overseas - for free - and they will walk you thru the unlock
    03-28-11 02:24 PM
    You can unlock your for about $2.00 from Global Unlock Codes - I've tried them before with no problems.

Global Unlock Codes -- Unlock your phone for $1.99!
    03-29-11 05:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD