I need to start saving money in every area I can...I think it is time to give up the Blackberry and switch to a "normal" phone.

I've been a Verizon customer for several years and am generally happy with the service. The cost seems a bit high but worth it because I do get GREAT reception everywhere I go. I am eligible for an "early upgrade".

So here's my big question: Is there a phone that will allow me to get my GMail without having to be a "smartphone" that costs extra every month?

Thanks!
    05-13-10 11:11 PM
    No.
    Access to mobile email costs a monthly fee as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 01:31 AM
    The next step down in phones is the 3G multimedia phones....which require at least a data plan of 9.99 a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 08:10 AM
    Do you live in VA/WV or the bordering parts of OH/NC/KY? If you're looking to save money and you live there, you may want to check out nTelos. We offer quite a few phones that don't require a smartphone package and still allow you to check your email (data plans are $10 a month for a single line and $19.99 for a family plan!). Not only that, but we may be able to save you enough that you don't have to give up a Blackberry.

Right now with a two year contract you can get the Curve 8530 BOGO for $49.99. Your monthly plan would be $79.99 for your primary line and $39.99 for each shared line (unless they had smartphones/BB, then $49.99) and would INCLUDE unlimited nationwide coverage, calling, text, picture, data, and smatphone/BB pkg.

Wow get this spamming troll out of here!!!
    05-14-10 09:32 AM
    Another carrier might be a good option. Technically you can check your email from a mobile web browser though. One thing you could do is get an iPod Touch and just a regular phone that way.
    05-14-10 12:36 PM
    +1, agree with MisterObvious
    05-14-10 02:06 PM
    Another carrier might be a good option. Technically you can check your email from a mobile web browser though. One thing you could do is get an iPod Touch and just a regular phone that way.
    -1 here.
    Wouldn't you have to find a WiFi hotspot to use the Touch to get email? That would be hit-or-miss deal and not all hotspots are free. For $10/month you would virtually be covered nationwide with Verizon.
    05-14-10 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD