10-11-09 11:29 PM
50 12
tools
    OP...
    One question... WHY!?
    10-09-09 10:05 AM
    just wait until 10 months and get the 2 year price if your plan is 79.99 or above.
    By that time, any bugs in the S2 would be worked out and then you would have your new device and the curve as a backup.
    10-09-09 10:15 AM
    agree;
    I have a curve. I've been working on getting 5.0 OS on it. ( I have yet to figure a couple things out )
    I really want a S2 which is the first time I've ever been tempted to get something at launch. I'm holding back and waiting until april at least and by then I will know whether I want it or want to throw it against a brick wall.
    10-09-09 10:20 AM
    Heather,
    That is what I am thinking of doing....
    The curve is outdated but such a workhorse.
    I think its the device that brought regular cell phone people to BB's....it brought me over from wm.
    10-09-09 10:26 AM
    The Rogue is an awesome semi-smartphone and I'm hearing great things about the Imagio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And you know this how? Two haven't been in the stores, so you couldn't have tried them without ordering one. So your opinion, as expert as it isn't, is on what basis?

I don't like touchscreen - yet enjoy iPhone, TP2 (love the real keyboard) & Imagio.

If you want a phone that sucks for typing, it is any phone that has that clickety clack press junk RIM is trying to pass off as state of the art.

i know someone who works for verizon, and i get to try out all the phones weeks before they come out. winmo touchscreen typing sucks. whether it be 6.5 or with touch flo blah blah blah, it's horrible. for someone who doesn't type a lot and doesn't do much on their phones it's fine. as i said before, i will be trying out the S2 soon and also the sholes. one of those 2 will be my next phone, the sholes seems promising so we'll see.
    10-09-09 03:55 PM
    I don't know, just explain your situation and ask to speak to a manager. If you are unable to talk the into it, call the 1-800 number and ask for Retentions, then ask for a manager there, they are more likely to let you
    lol, retentions? There is no such department to be connected to. We have a retention dept. but they reach out to customers that left. Good try though.

And that AT&T story is really the truth, I might make up some things, but that one is truthful.

Oh and I am posting from my BB

LOL you lost all your credibility a while ago, now you admit to making stuff up, good game.

Anyways....you had the curve for 5 months. You arent eligible to upgrade until (at the minimum) 12 months depending on your plan. There is nothing wrong with the curve you just want a new phone, no you wont be able to upgrade that early in store anywhere. CS does some wacky stuff but i doubt it.
    10-09-09 06:33 PM
    i know someone who works for verizon, and i get to try out all the phones weeks before they come out.
    Sure you do. VZW people, when they get a preview, don't get to take it out if the building, nor are they allowed to discuss proprietary info, which is what unreleased products are.

I have more devices in my phone case than you've probably operated in your entire smartphone experience.

10-09-09 07:31 PM
    Retentions was always helpful with Alltel, but its the managers that can really help you.

And the AT&T thing is true, I will swear on a stack of bibles.

And here's the truth about me, I'm 19, no job, I live with my parents who pay the bills, but I have control of the account and tech stuff, because they don't know a lot about tech stuff. That is the truth, believe it or not, I don't care.

All of that other stuff sounded good, didn't it, it was all bs stuff of what I want my life to be like

Anyway, to the op, it doesn't hurt to at least try, they might let you, they might not, but give it a try

10-09-09 07:34 PM
    i know someone who works for verizon, and i get to try out all the phones weeks before they come out. winmo touchscreen typing sucks. whether it be 6.5 or with touch flo blah blah blah, it's horrible. for someone who doesn't type a lot and doesn't do much on their phones it's fine. as i said before, i will be trying out the S2 soon and also the sholes. one of those 2 will be my next phone, the sholes seems promising so we'll see.
    Yea, you are full of crap. We dont even get phones "weeks" before they come out. We only got the Imagio like 5 days ago (corporate location) and we cant take it anywhere.
    10-09-09 08:26 PM
    And here's the truth about me, I'm 19, no job, I live with my parents who pay the bills, but I have control of the account and tech stuff, because they don't know a lot about tech stuff. That is the truth, believe it or not, I don't care.

All of that other stuff sounded good, didn't it, it was all bs stuff of what I want my life to be like
    Wow - that took some courage.

Thanks, Shawn - that explains a lot. Now let's move forward with constructive things, put the past in the past & life will get better. Apologies if I have been too hard on you.

There is hope for young people yet.
    10-09-09 08:44 PM
    Retentions was always helpful with Alltel, but its the managers that can really help you.

Anyway, to the op, it doesn't hurt to at least try, they might let you, they might not, but give it a try

Dude you don't have to go into great detail and let everyone know who you are to this extent. Just be honest and only contribute when you are confident it is truthful information. As long as you do that, then it doesn't matter who you are, where you live, lifestyle, etc.. No need to lie and say you own a business so people will have more reason to assist you. We know better, because most of us hear your story each and everyday at our jobs.

You're 19 years old - you don't have an idea as to what you want your life to be. Which is why you're jumping all over the board with different carriers and phone decisions. And this is definitely not the place to come up with a fairy tale life. If you want to fabricate a new life, then go downtown to a bar and tell some hot college girls that you are a millionaire. lol.. this is just Crackberry we don't care who you are...

Take it easy and have a professional conversation for a change.
    10-09-09 08:46 PM
    Wow, this is some deep stuff. Haha, but i agree with others on here, noone care's what it is that you do for a living or anything like that, what's important is simply what you can add to a conversation to make it more constructive. So don't worry about what other's think because that'll never allow you to be happy with decisions you make, and things of that nature.

Any way, to get this thread back on topic, i don't think you'll be able to find a way out of your contract in order to upgrade to a different phone. But, you could always look around for a good deal on a storm (if it's the Storm 1 that is) and just buy it used off of someone. If you're interested, I actually could sell you mine, or possibly even trade for you're Curve, if interested just send me a PM.
    10-09-09 09:09 PM

I want to say something witty but that post was actually sad. Good luck, kid.

10-10-09 01:29 AM

It was sad, just like all of his other BS posts.
    10-10-09 10:14 AM
    Sure you do. VZW people, when they get a preview, don't get to take it out if the building, nor are they allowed to discuss proprietary info, which is what unreleased products are.

I have more devices in my phone case than you've probably operated in your entire smartphone experience.

cool story.

Yea, you are full of crap. We dont even get phones "weeks" before they come out. We only got the Imagio like 5 days ago (corporate location) and we cant take it anywhere.
    10-10-09 03:48 PM
    There is no such thing as a retention department.
    10-10-09 05:18 PM
    I think this is like the biggest BS thing I've read on this forum.. well maybe next to the guy who said some guy called him and told him to pray and he would pay his $3000 bill.
    10-10-09 05:21 PM
    the guy who said some guy called him and told him to pray and he would pay his $3000 bill.
    The only part of that which is untrue is the amount.

10-10-09 06:41 PM
    Wow - that took some courage.

Thanks, Shawn - that explains a lot. Now let's move forward with constructive things, put the past in the past & life will get better. Apologies if I have been too hard on you.

There is hope for young people yet.

Its ok and yeah, lets look to the future. (lol, that sounds like something out of Star Trek)
    10-11-09 10:12 PM
    There is no such thing as a retention department.
    It might be called something else, but I asked to speak to retentions one time and the lady gave me a $50 credit because I was having issues with my aircard, kept me from cancelling it.
    10-11-09 10:13 PM

No need to be a **** about it.
    10-11-09 10:14 PM
    It might be called something else, but I asked to speak to retentions one time and the lady gave me a $50 credit because I was having issues with my aircard, kept me from cancelling it.
    Yeah there is a retentions department. The Alltel retentions department handled all disconnects. However, with VZW we have the tools to "save" the customer and if that fails we can go ahead and disconnect the customer We still have a department that handles disconnects if you need to speak with them. I've transferred to that dept with VZW already when I didn't even want to bother with someone's disconnect issue - so yes it does exist.
    10-11-09 10:47 PM
    I wasn't.

10-11-09 10:54 PM
    Hmmm, sure didn't sound to me like he was trying to scam anyone, just trying to get the best deal possible. I sure don't see anything wrong with that! Funny how folks are so quick to point the finger at people besides themselves!
    While at the same time, cost verizon wireless a lot of money, and scam them?

Just buy one on ebay, wait til the storm 2 comes out so people can be in a rush to get risd of the storm 1. You will get them for cheap
    10-11-09 11:05 PM
    I wasn't.

my apologies then
    10-11-09 11:29 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD