10-11-09 11:29 PM
50 12
tools
    Hi i got a curve in the beginning of may of this year and now want to switch to a storm. What would be there easiest way to do so. Could i get CS to give me a early early upgrade have been with them for at least five years. or would the best way just to sell it and get the storm. I want the most effiecent and easiest way that i can not get scammed or pay a ton of money Thanks in advance
    10-08-09 11:13 PM
    Wait until the end of this month and get the Storm 2. And they should let you do that.
    10-08-09 11:14 PM
    Do you think they will let me even though I have had the curve for only like 5 months and are you saying call the csrep

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 11:22 PM
    I agree wait for the storm 2 and that's a grey area one if they will let ya. Upgrade that fast.

10-08-09 11:24 PM
    I don't know, just explain your situation and ask to speak to a manager. If you are unable to talk the into it, call the 1-800 number and ask for Retentions, then ask for a manager there, they are more likely to let you
    10-08-09 11:28 PM
    So for the situation would I just say I am not pleased with the curve and would like the storm or what

10-08-09 11:36 PM
    Yeah, try that with the store manager, if that doesn't work try retentions

And I cannot stress this enough WAIT FOR THE STORM 2, its 10000000 times better

10-08-09 11:40 PM
    I think Verizon is generally good about customer service! I rarely hear about people being unhappy with them (and if I do it's usually people who deal with the CSRs in person).

I've told this story a few times on here... but I dropped my phone in a sewer last September. I'd just gotten my env2 in June. Given, my options were buy a new phone at retail price or pay almost as much to cancel and re-sign up on my mom's plan for a cheap phone.

But the super nice CSR helped me out and I got a Voyager at the 2-year price I think she may have spoken to her manager but I'm not sure. I'd only been with them for like a year and some change at the time.

Now my bighead boyfriend has my Voyager and I have the Curve 8330... which I happen to love But I have also been thinking about trying to get an early upgrade.

Anyways- Sorry to bore you!! Good luck.
    10-08-09 11:41 PM
    Did you ask to be forwarded to retension or just a normal csr

10-08-09 11:53 PM
    And I cannot stress this enough WAIT FOR THE STORM 2, its 10000000 times better
    And you know this how?

Have you had one?

Have you run one?

Have you seen one in person?

I have. Just for you, I am posting this from one of two I am currently in possession of. There is maybe a 10% improvement & it is still a piece of junk, with a weaker radio than the original.

And no - it is extremely doubtful they will let a Curve owner upgrade this soon, unless you want to pay full price. In fact, I would wager it would be a flat-out no. So quit giving these people false hopes.
    10-09-09 12:02 AM
    I have seen early reviews of it and PhoneArena.com seems to like it.

Also, I never said it would work, but at least its worth a try, its better to actually try then just give up.
    10-09-09 12:20 AM
    they typing is supposed to be the major improvement
    10-09-09 12:30 AM
    A major improvement compared to what? I can already tell you the Imagio, Rogue & iPhone are still worlds better in the touchscreen typing department.

So maybe it is better than an XV6700/6800/6900 - but it is still junk.

PhoneArena, while better than most sites, also thought the original Storm would be something wonderful. They also said it would have WiFi.

Trying something is fine, as long as the intent is reasonable. Asking for something that is unreasonable simply gives you false hopes, heightened disappointment & a sense of entitlement through indignation. Maybe someday, when you're more than a couple years past your high school graduation & can actually afford a smartphone, you'll realize that.

10-09-09 01:17 AM
    I will see for myself when it gets here, I am considering the Imagio or Omnia II instead of the Storm 2, but I am hesitant on Windows Mobile, I had a PPC6800 before my BlackBerry and it was a piece of crap

and I talked AT&T into letting me out of my contract on 3 lines with a year and a half left, with no questions asked. It all depends on who you talk to. And I am a few years past my graduation and I own a smartphone, and I paid $200 for it on ebay.

What are you Anti-BlackBerry?
    10-09-09 01:23 AM
    2k7 was when I actually I mad that email account, and how do you know what I look like?

And I will pm you with further information about me.

10-09-09 02:03 AM
    And that AT&T story is really the truth, I might make up some things, but that one is truthful.

Oh and I am posting from my BB

10-09-09 02:06 AM
    A major improvement compared to what? I can already tell you the Imagio, Rogue & iPhone are still worlds better in the touchscreen typing department.

So maybe it is better than an XV6700/6800/6900 - but it is still junk.

PhoneArena, while better than most sites, also thought the original Storm would be something wonderful. They also said it would have WiFi.

Trying something is fine, as long as the intent is reasonable. Asking for something that is unreasonable simply gives you false hopes, heightened disappointment & a sense of entitlement through indignation. Maybe someday, when you're more than a couple years past your high school graduation & can actually afford a smartphone, you'll realize that.

those 3 phones you listed as being the best touchscreen phones for typing, they all suck. but so does the S1. i'll be trying out the S2 soon, so i'll reserve my judgement for that till after i've tried it.
    10-09-09 02:40 AM
    My parents, but I had full account control and that was about 2 years ago.

And once you hear, I think you will believe me, if you don't so be it, but it will be truthful, when I pm you

And would that be tsguy52?

10-09-09 02:52 AM
    well, I'm sorry, I can't send you a pm or an email

send me an email, so I can respond
    10-09-09 03:00 AM
    Man, why does it matter, he was simply stating his opinion, i don't think anyone expects you to prove yourself to them. It's cool. hah. Anyway, it seems as though this thread has gotten off topic.
    10-09-09 03:02 AM
    Hi i got a curve in the beginning of may of this year and now want to switch to a storm. What would be there easiest way to do so. Could i get CS to give me a early early upgrade have been with them for at least five years. or would the best way just to sell it and get the storm. I want the most effiecent and easiest way that i can not get scammed or pay a ton of money Thanks in advance
    While at the same time, cost verizon wireless a lot of money, and scam them?

Just buy one on ebay, wait til the storm 2 comes out so people can be in a rush to get rid of the storm 1. You will get them for cheap
    10-09-09 08:17 AM
    Wow twins you are a very negative person i feel sorry for you
    10-09-09 08:23 AM
    The grass isn't greener. Keep the curve!

10-09-09 09:24 AM
    those 3 phones you listed as being the best touchscreen phones for typing, they all suck. but so does the S1. i'll be trying out the S2 soon, so i'll reserve my judgement for that till after i've tried it.
    The Rogue is an awesome semi-smartphone and I'm hearing great things about the Imagio.

10-09-09 09:43 AM
    And you know this how? Two haven't been in the stores, so you couldn't have tried them without ordering one. So your opinion, as expert as it isn't, is on what basis?

I don't like touchscreen - yet enjoy iPhone, TP2 (love the real keyboard) & Imagio.

If you want a phone that sucks for typing, it is any phone that has that clickety clack press junk RIM is trying to pass off as state of the art.

10-09-09 09:57 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD