Okay, so I have a BlackBerry Storm with the 450 minutes / data / text messaging. My sister, who works for a pharmaceutical company has her phone payed for by them and she doesn't even see the bill. She wants to get data but she cannot add it to her company line. So she wanted to get a Storm and just have data on it. What is the best (cheapest) way to do this? It could involve adding her to my line or she could do it separately.
    12-20-08 02:34 PM
    This will depend on your wireless carrier. Some carriers allow you to have a Blackberry just for the email and data, with a "no-voice" package. I would check with your provider to see if this is available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 02:38 PM
    This will depend on your wireless carrier. Some carriers allow you to have a Blackberry just for the email and data, with a "no-voice" package. I would check with your provider to see if this is available.

Not to be rude, but I thought it was obvious that I posted in the Verizon section that Verizon was my carrier. If that wasn't a give away, I figured the fact that I am going with a BB Storm would do it.

Verizon offered data only for $50/month. They have laptop data for $60/month, and data coupled with voice for $30/month. I could add my sister to my line for $20 a month and get data for $30/month... or she could do the straight up $50/month data only...
    12-20-08 02:51 PM
    You could add a line, and covert your plan to a family plan (if it is not already). That would be $9.99 a month, and then $29.99 for data, and she would share your minutes that. She would not use. It would cost her $39.98 a month payable to you.

I did not even know you could get a phone for just data/email with no voice.

Just an idea.

12-20-08 03:22 PM
    You could add a line, and covert your plan to a family plan (if it is not already). That would be $9.99 a month, and then $29.99 for data, and she would share your minutes that. She would not use. It would cost her $39.98 a month payable to you.

I did not even know you could get a phone for just data/email with no voice.

Just an idea.

Cool, I thought it was $20/month to add a line. I get 6% off voice and 12% off data so that would only cost her .94 x $9.99 + .88 x 29.99 = $35.78.
    12-20-08 03:25 PM
    You can just have a data plan as well. You don't have to have a voice plan. So just the $29.99 for data. I've never seen anyone do it but I know you can.
    12-21-08 12:17 PM
    Cool, I didn't know that. I wonder if you can still get the phone for the $200 price with only a $30 data plan. Probably not.
    12-21-08 01:13 PM
    Found this on VZW website; plans with no voice minutes.
    Text Only Messaging Plans from Verizon Wireless
    12-22-08 05:00 PM
    Yeah and they have unlimted data (no messaging) for $50. But that is a little steep. It sounds like it is cheaper to either add another phone to my account ($10 + $30 BIS) or if it is possible just do BIS.
    12-22-08 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD