Hello all,

I am currently part of 4 member family plan, with the lowest allotment of minutes, which I think is $59.99 a month. We have two additional lines for $18.98, unlimited messaging, for 29.99, and my data plan for 29.99. So a grand total of 139.95 or $140 monthly for round numbers.

My family has been with Verizon almost 5 years and have an impeccable billing history. I know being a V.I.P. member allows you to get yearly phone upgrades, but in order to do so you must have a phone plan of 79.99 or more, something we do not have.

I want some advice, because I would like to have to option to upgrade yearly and being a V.I.P. gives me that. While I know on the pure phone plan we do not qualify, our overall bill is greater than 79.99 (if that is the threshold), so it seems ridiculous that someone who strictly has a $80 a month plan is a V.I.P. and yet we are not.

Do you think I could speak to a rep or possibly a CSR to see about getting our plan to V.I.P. status? I would love to hear from Verizon reps, if they are out there! Thanks!
    07-27-09 09:07 AM
    switch to the select plan, but you have to wait 6 months to be vip.
    07-27-09 09:14 AM
    What is the select plan?
    07-27-09 09:24 AM
    Yup just keep paying your bill on time!
    07-27-09 10:03 AM
    Yup just keep paying your bill on time!
    Yup as in I have a chance or yup as in there is no chance?
    07-27-09 10:09 AM
    Yup as in I have a chance or yup as in there is no chance?
    Yup as in good luck A friend of mine hasn't missed a payment and he isn't but my parents just got vip. So I don't know... and I am not vip but I make all my payments...
    07-27-09 10:11 AM
    I pay my bill on time too. I think you have to be on a plan $79.99 or higher. But don't quote me on that.
    07-27-09 11:03 AM
    What is the select plan?
    the unlimited text plan, go on that, it will make the price point 90 dollars, and ta-daaaa you are above 79.99.
    07-27-09 11:22 AM
    $80 for one phone is over twice as profitable as 4 phones paying a total of $140.

If your bill was $2000 per month but have 500 phones you probably wouldn't be VIP either.

Think $$$$ per phone, not $$$$ per bill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 11:55 AM
    $80 for one phone is over twice as profitable as 4 phones paying a total of $140.

If your bill was $2000 per month but have 500 phones you probably wouldn't be VIP either.

Think $$$$ per phone, not $$$$ per bill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is an excellent point. My thought is though, if I had a family plan with 4 lines paying $89.99 + $9.99*2, then it is not as profitable, but would be considered as a V.I.P. (That is if 89.99 is the next plan up.)
    07-27-09 12:04 PM
    you'd go onto the Select Family Plan with 700 minutes for $99.99 for the first 2 lines and $9.99/each for the next 2 then $29.99 for the BB feature. Everyone on the plan would get UNL messaging and your bill would be $150 before tax and then with some time and on time payments you should be come a VIP
    07-27-09 12:11 PM
    you'd go onto the Select Family Plan with 700 minutes for $99.99 for the first 2 lines and $9.99/each for the next 2 then $29.99 for the BB feature. Everyone on the plan would get UNL messaging and your bill would be $150 before tax and then with some time and on time payments you should be come a VIP
    My exact plan, but with unlimited txts... And a 20% off.
    07-27-09 12:38 PM
    Thank you for the breakdown. That makes sense but there is a $10 ($120/year) difference by choosing the select plan versus the plan we currently have. So moving to that plan and paying the additional $10 a month would be the only option to become a V.I.P.?
    07-27-09 12:49 PM
    My exact plan, but with unlimited txts... And a 20% off.

20% off? I thought you were a VZW employee? *cough* bullsh*t *cough*

Anyways......Only the primary can upgrade once a year. If your primary is 50 dollars, you can upgrade that phone once a year. Has to be over 49.99 a month to do annual upgrades, regardless of VIP status.

The thing that VIP helps with on the annual upgrade is a 50 dollar NE2 credit and no early upgrade fee.
    07-27-09 01:34 PM
    20% off? I thought you were a VZW employee? *cough* bullsh*t *cough*

Anyways......Only the primary can upgrade once a year. If your primary is 50 dollars, you can upgrade that phone once a year. Has to be over 49.99 a month to do annual upgrades, regardless of VIP status.

The thing that VIP helps with on the annual upgrade is a 50 dollar NE2 credit and no early upgrade fee.
    AHA right now my employee account has my tour on it and the account under my gf's name has her pearl and my curve.
    07-27-09 01:48 PM
    Yup as in good luck A friend of mine hasn't missed a payment and he isn't but my parents just got vip. So I don't know... and I am not vip but I make all my payments...
    Employees do not get VIP..
    07-27-09 02:48 PM
    As said in the FAQ the VIP enrollment/de-enrollment happens once per year on 2/28/2009. The requirements are in that post as well.
    07-27-09 02:49 PM
    As said in the FAQ the VIP enrollment/de-enrollment happens once per year on 2/28/2009. The requirements are in that post as well.
    And if you are lazy?

A: Very important person (VIP) is a benefit of being a loyal, high paying, Verizon Customer. The eligibility requirements are:

Active Consumer and ELEU (Employee Liable End User) accounts,
    Monthly access of $79.99 or higher for single and Family SharePlans,
    Plan access requirement must be met for only one line on the account,
    On an eligible plan for the past 6+ months,
    12+ months of service tenure, and
    Account is not 60+ days past due.

The enrollment de-enrollment is once per year on 2/28. Meaning if you didn't qualify on that date you would have to wait until next year. Or if you were 60+ days past due but otherwise qualified on that date you would be dropped.

Benefits of VIP include Early upgrade w/ extra discount and waived early upgrade fee. Waived fees such as MDN Changes, Restocking fees, and phonebook transfers and free activation on new lines of service.
    07-27-09 02:54 PM
    If you're lazy then you don't get your question answered
    07-27-09 03:00 PM
    If you're lazy then you don't get your question answered
    I like your style.
    07-27-09 03:02 PM
    Haha. I try.
    07-27-09 03:11 PM
    AHA right now my employee account has my tour on it and the account under my gf's name has her pearl and my curve.
    Why wouldn't you have them all on your employee account? Makes no sense to me.
    07-30-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD