DH is getting ready to change jobs and will lose his company Blackberry in a couple of weeks. His new company will give him $100/month towards whatever phone plan he chooses. We currently have 2 Verizon lines for our personal phones, voice and limited text (Family share plan), and want to stay with Verizon. We would both like to get BB's, but want the best deal we can get (duh, who doesn't). You guys seem like you know just how to get the good deals. Right now my NE2 is in 11/08 and his is 08/09. My questions are:
    1) How to get Verizon to up my NE2 dates
    2) Which BBs do you like (myself and DH both work and will be syncing to our work e-mail)
    3) What is the best plan or combo of plans to ask for

TIA,
    Liz
    08-21-08 03:20 PM
    what is DH?
    08-21-08 03:46 PM
    Liz:

1) Call VZW. My date was 10/8/08 and they changed mine on the spot no questions asked. My wife's (Family Plan) worked the same way. Your hubby may be another story. A year is a long time, but they will usually let you upgrade "at a discounted price" after one year, so he should be good for that.

2) Curve. Is there another kind on VZW?

3) If you want to do a family plan, there are plenty to choose from. Also, make sure that you check out both your companies (take pay stubs to VZW store) to see if they qualify you for an employee discount. I get 20% off services, and 10% off accessories through my company.

Hope this helps.
    08-21-08 03:47 PM
    what is DH?
    It means DH (darling husband, dear husband)
    08-21-08 03:48 PM
    Awwwwwwww. That's sweet.
    08-21-08 03:50 PM
    I could've guessed the husband part... but the D could have been a number of adjectives.
    08-21-08 03:51 PM
    I could've guessed the husband part... but the D could have been a number of adjectives.
    lol!! well there are other words you can use but I didnt want the OP to think I was referring to her dh! lol! as a D*** head or dam* husband got it? lol!! I have a whole list of explaining the lingo
    08-21-08 03:53 PM
    Awwwwwwww. That's sweet.
    I agree!!!!!
    08-21-08 04:22 PM
    Which plan or combo of plans should we look at? We don't text hardly at all, but do e-mail and use voice quite a bit. Don't know if that helps.(?)
    09-09-08 04:40 PM
    We've got 1000 minute family share plan (4 phones). I'm the only one with a BB. Added on to the FS is 500 text messages for one of my daughters and me, VZNav for me, unlimited data for me, and GetItNow for my daughters. My other daughter and wife do some texting, but not enough to make it worth the price of 500 or unlimited texting. My bill is usually in the $250 range, and that's with a corporate discount.
    09-10-08 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD