Ok so, vzw reps, please tell me,

Why should I go to Vzw when my contract is up on 6/30 to get the s2 for 179

when wal mart has the s2 for vzw for $79? $100 less?

Does walmart sell an inferior phone, are they castaways from rim that did not measure up to some tests, are they factory refurbs?

Does walmart simply just have better buying power?

I am just wondering why the price discrepancy. There has to be a reason.
    06-10-10 02:47 PM
    There are pros and cons for buying at a third party dealer. A big plus is they set their own prices. A big bad thing is that sometimes they have extra fees, cancellation or activation. Walmart has a much crappier return policy. With Verizon you have a 30 day worry free guarantee. If for any reason you don't like it, take it back with all the original stuff and recipe and you'll get a refund or you can switch to a different device.

Walmart, if I remember correctly, is 14 days or 30 minutes of talk time. I think they even have a limit on data as well. If you go over these limited, even if it is only the day after you purchased the phone, you can't return it.

My advice, READ THE FINE PRINT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 04:48 PM
    If you ask me I say that they sell refurbs cause on more than one occasion when I worked the cellphone dept. at wal-mart I ran into a few situations.

I sold and activated an AT&T phone for a customer. Now these phones had just come in. (I can't remember right now what phone it was). Anyway the customer left and came back less than 5 minutes later. She is going balistic cause there are dirty text messages and pictures on the phone. When I looked at the date it was from 3 months before. I was like WTF. So I just swapped her out a new phone. Of course I checked to make sure no messages or anything else was on the other phone. I brought this to my store managers attention. He kind of blew it off but I went into my own investigation. I found that some of the phones had been sold before and sent back to the my store. I asked the district manager about it, she too just blew it off.

There was refurbed T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon phones there.

When our supply of iPhones were out it took us months to get anymore in. I kept asking why, I never got an answer. We use to always have phones returned to us cause they were pre used.

Even my first Verizon phone that I got from wal-mart was still in someone elses name when I took it to a VZW store to be fixed.

So I would tell you just be careful when buying from wal-mart.
    06-10-10 04:53 PM
    there are certain items that are ok to buy at wal-mart. fruits, vegetables, meats, clothes, shoes, cell phones are not on this list
    06-10-10 11:08 PM
    there are certain items that are ok to buy at wal-mart. fruits, vegetables, meats, clothes, shoes, cell phones are not on this list
    hahaha you right about that.
    06-11-10 11:21 AM
    thats funny!
    06-11-10 11:35 AM
    While perusing a WalMart in Tallahassee for fruits, vegetables, meats, I found myself in the electronics section (odd how that works). Saw an end cap with versizon phones brand new in the box. Looked at the price for an S1 and it said "reg. $500 now: $250". I was like "pfffffffffffffttttttttt yeah whatever". Right next to it was an S2 box.. which read the same thing. I yelled over to the clerk if this price as correct. He was like "yeah". I said is that with a contract or can I just pay for it and walk with it. He said I could.

Pulled the cash out .. paid for it .. switched devices thru my verizon and it's been good to go since. This has been 3 weeks ago.

**I seriously think they mispriced it - but who am I to argue.
    06-11-10 11:46 AM
    i'm sure there are more, perhaps we should extrapolate on that list....

how could i forget jewelry?
    06-11-10 09:59 PM
    Have you checked the pricing at Best Buy Mobile? They offer all instant rebates on their cellular devices.
    06-11-10 10:00 PM
    i'm sure there are more, perhaps we should extrapolate on that list....

how could i forget jewelry?
    Don't forget dog food. lol
    06-11-10 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD