Just walking through a walmart and noticed that they are selling the Storm for $128.88 with a new contract or 2 year upgrade. They are selling the curve for $8.88 with a new contract or 2 year upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 09:51 PM
    man I wish I could get a curve for that!
    03-17-09 09:52 PM
    Wow that is an awesome deal...great device too!
    03-17-09 09:54 PM
    Great deal!
    03-17-09 10:02 PM
    Great is an understatement lol that's amazing what walmart is this?

03-18-09 11:36 PM
    It's pretty much chain-wide, as far as I can tell. It has been the same at any one I've seen the last 2 weeks.

I just posted a little earlier they are having T-Mo deals, too. Looks like a little competition, maybe?

03-18-09 11:48 PM
    The reason why they sell storms/curves cheaper is because they usually add stipulations to the contract. Like if you cancel within a certain time you have to pay TWO ETF's or you can't drop below a certain plan etc..
    03-19-09 12:01 AM
    paid $200 for mine only cause i am a good customer and have 3 phones and 2 wireless cards.
    03-19-09 12:14 AM
    I would not trust anyone at Walmart to even tie my shoes. I would never buy a phone from them, I hate that dirty, rude employee, cheap stuff store.
    03-19-09 12:55 AM
    I'll have to look into that... I'll post details when I get them tomorrow. Cause I have to compete with them and on the lower price plans I can't afford to go that low.
    03-19-09 01:12 AM
    I would not trust anyone at Walmart to even tie my shoes. I would never buy a phone from them, I hate that dirty, rude employee, cheap stuff store.
    x2. But then again, if I had to be able to sell Blackberries, TV's, cabbage and feminine hygene products all on the same day I don't know if I would be the hottest fry in the box when it came to phones either.
    03-19-09 01:21 AM
    Be careful of those Amazon and Wifly deals too, they come with extra stipulations too.
    03-19-09 09:16 AM
    I could care less if the kid selling me the phone knows anything about it or not. As long as I get the phone at the price advertised without having to jump through a million hoops then everything is good. I purchased my wife's curve over the phone through VZW customer service. They mailed me the phone and I activated it per the instructions that were in the box. It took a total of 10 minutes and I have had no problems at all.

The only problem with buying the phone there is making sure they can give you the deal for a 2 year upgrade instead of trying to charge you full "retail" which was listed as $600. However, I doubt they let the pimply faced 16 year old handle that stuff. I am pretty sure that they get a VZW CS on the phone to handle the upgrade, set up and activation.
    03-19-09 09:27 AM
    Great point, I won't even drive through the parking lot. HOWEVER, in the mid west Wal Mart is huge and they don't have little "electronic boutique" stores and people getting the latest greatest of gadgets. You go to Wal Mart for EVERYTHING out there.
    03-19-09 09:30 AM
    I could care less if the kid selling me the phone knows anything about it or not.
    A bit of light-hearted humor....

I could [not] care less
    03-19-09 11:24 AM
    A bit of light-hearted humor....

I could [not] care less
    Ok, fine I couldn't care less or maybe I couldn't not care less or I couldn't not not care any more.
    03-19-09 01:45 PM
    Ok, fine I couldn't care less or maybe I couldn't not care less or I couldn't not not care any more.
    Could you really?

03-19-09 02:09 PM
    Well then I don't care, that you couldn't not care less!
    03-19-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD