The reason I ask is because after I posted a letter on Planetfeedback.com, I receive a voice mail from an employee who says she's calling from the Verizon Wireless Executive Offices and was personally told to call me on behalf of CEO Lowell McAdam. For a moment I felt appreciated as a customer. But after speaking with this very nice employee a few times, I realized that her direct number has a 678 area code, which is Atlanta. I also noticed in an old phone bill, that a rep called me from the exact same number when I was thinking about cancelling a few months back. Was the result of my posting on Planetfeedback.com nothing more than a call from the retention department?? I'm just wondering, because I don't feel like anything was really resolved...
    07-29-09 09:25 PM
    There are exec offices outside Atlanta in Alpharetta.
    07-29-09 09:29 PM
    Verizon Wireless headquarters are in New Jersey. AT&T's headquarters are in Atlanta.

Executive relations staff are specially trained reps and can be found in many corporate call centers - many of them have probably never met Mr. McAdam and most are not true managers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 09:35 PM
    Okay, I always thought they were up North somewhere. Well, I was supposed to receive a call back from her today. I'm not sure if I want to call her back or even care anymore. Oh well...
    07-29-09 09:36 PM
    Wow this is funny!
    07-29-09 11:18 PM
    You don't really expect a response from the CEO do you? I'm sure he's busy with other things...like running a huge company...

Not at all, I don't expect Mr. McAdam to even read what's on Planetfeedback.com. I wasn't sure if ANYONE would respond. It was a week before someone from VZW called.
    Last edited by vllssv; 07-30-09 at 12:13 AM.
    07-30-09 12:06 AM
    I believe Weekendbum, who frequents these pages, is or was one of "them." I am sure he'll chime in on it sometime.

An interesting bit of trivia. AT&T was, for years, listed as a New York corporation (Manhattan, actually) but their actual headquarters was in Basking Ridge, NJ. That changed when SBC swallowed the company, took the AT&T name & moved it all to Atlanta. Now, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge & is registered with the SEC as a New York corporation.

07-30-09 12:13 AM
    TwinsX2Dad, thanks for all the info. I appreciate it
    07-30-09 12:30 AM
    I believe Weekendbum, who frequents these pages, is or was one of "them." I am sure he'll chime in on it sometime.

An interesting bit of trivia. AT&T was, for years, listed as a New York corporation (Manhattan, actually) but their actual headquarters was in Basking Ridge, NJ. That changed when SBC swallowed the company, took the AT&T name & moved it all to Atlanta. Now, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge & is registered with the SEC as a New York corporation.

Sorry Twins, that is not correct. Verizon Wireless (Cellco Partnership) is a Delaware Corporation. Verizon Communications is also a Delaware Corporation.

AT&T is headquartered in Dallas, TX, and is also a Delaware Corporation.

Their listings can be multiple (for purposes of stock trading), VZ is listed on six different stock exchanges I think. But, in their filings with the SEC, all are incorporated in Delaware.

To the OP, VZW's South Area HQ is based in Alpharetta, GA. So, if you're somewhere between Texas and Virginia, that may fall within their purview to respond to you.
    Last edited by Gawain; 07-30-09 at 06:22 AM.
    07-30-09 06:20 AM
    VZ may be listed but VZW is not Verizon Wireless is not a publicly traded company it is owned by Vodafone and Verizon Communications. Verizon Communications trades under VZ and VZW is based out of Basking Ridge, NJ on 1 Verizon Way.

Edit: some bad spelling to early to edit grammar
    Last edited by Seraph08; 07-30-09 at 07:36 AM.
    07-30-09 07:33 AM
    A lot of places route calls I know that the calls from Boise and Kirkland Washington are routed through seattle so they show that area code.
    07-30-09 08:16 AM
    I believe AT&T Wireless is based in Dallas and other parts of the company still remain in San Antonio and some in Atlanta. Verizon always lists Basking Ridge, New Jersey but wireless divisions are just part of a huge company. I believe we are all partly correct.

07-30-09 09:57 AM
    Sorry Twins, that is not correct. Verizon Wireless (Cellco Partnership) is a Delaware Corporation. Verizon Communications is also a Delaware Corporation.

AT&T is headquartered in Dallas, TX, and is also a Delaware Corporation.

Their listings can be multiple (for purposes of stock trading), VZ is listed on six different stock exchanges I think. But, in their filings with the SEC, all are incorporated in Delaware.

To the OP, VZW's South Area HQ is based in Alpharetta, GA. So, if you're somewhere between Texas and Virginia, that may fall within their purview to respond to you.
    Well, yes & no. I used the wrong words when I said "corporation" instead of "headquarters."

And AT&T is headquartered in Dallas, but AT&T Mobility, the wireless subsidiary responsible for over 30% or AT&T's revenue IS headquartered in Atlanta.

Where my biggest error was in that VZW is headquartered in New York - they shut that down a few months ago & consolidated headquarters operations in Basking Ridge.

As far as incorporation goes, that is a legal & tax-related maneuver. One part of my company is incorporated in Delaware. Another is in Nevada. Our most recent business foray is registered as a Trinidad company. We have NO company assets in any of those places. Our headquarters & DBAs are all under Arizona & Texas addresses.

So yes, AT&T & Cellco are Delaware corporations, but their headquarters are in other states. For us, I do not recall a single contract we've ever had anywhere in Delaware.

Feel free to check Hoovers for verification as to where each is headquartered, as well as additional information.

VZW, being an independent company, is probably listed there as "Headquarters" while AT&T Mobility, a wholly owned subsidiary, should be listed as such. But without first checking myself, I can virtually guarantee you they will back up Atlanta & Basking Ridge - area/regional offices not included.

07-30-09 11:33 AM
    I think it has multiple locations.
    I think this doesn't really matter...
    07-30-09 11:52 AM
    The reason I ask is because after I posted a letter on Planetfeedback.com, I receive a voice mail from an employee who says she's calling from the Verizon Wireless Executive Offices and was personally told to call me on behalf of CEO Lowell McAdam. For a moment I felt appreciated as a customer. But after speaking with this very nice employee a few times, I realized that her direct number has a 678 area code, which is Atlanta. I also noticed in an old phone bill, that a rep called me from the exact same number when I was thinking about cancelling a few months back. Was the result of my posting on Planetfeedback.com nothing more than a call from the retention department?? I'm just wondering, because I don't feel like anything was really resolved...
    The Verizon Wireless executive office is in NJ, however, when you file executive complaints they generally get forwarded to your area president and down on from there so someone in your area (and timezone) generally will handle it. So you must live in the midwest, or something?

Executive relations staff are specially trained reps and can be found in many corporate call centers - many of them have probably never met Mr. McAdam and most are not true managers.

There are specially trained reps that handle escalated situations, however, the executive complaints really do go to a special executive office. They're not normal reps that just take calls, they're not in the call center, all they do is handle executive complaints and I've never been one of "them." I have been on escalation teams and taken escalations and also done manager callbacks (when people escalate above a supervisor). There are times when real supervisors due take escalations but most of the time it's just a specially trained, tenured rep with good stats and good ability to difuse situations.
    07-30-09 12:15 PM
    All of Verizon Communications business units (VZW, VZT, VZB) are headquartered at Basking Ridge NJ. This was done a couple of years ago. However, this is not to be confused with Regional HQ's for any of these business units.
    07-31-09 06:24 PM
    Baskin Ridge, NJ

Their regional HQ for the south east is in Little Rock, AR, the old Alltel building, I think

08-01-09 05:23 PM
    Like ssanders said there are regional offices, the one you were talking about in Rochester is one of the North East Area Corporate Offices, it deals mainly with one of the largest Verizon Markets Upstate New York (UPNY). Even though its care department handles calls from all states.
    08-05-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD