Okay, I have the BB WE8830. Love the phone, hate the fact that there's no camera, MMS or GPS, but am dealing with it until I make up my mind to get the Curve or 9500.

Well, the other day I get a text message telling me that I got a pic and that I had to acces vxwpix.com to retreive it. Fine, although it's a pain, I do it anyway. When I get to the message, it's a pic of a little dog and captured underneath it, it says, "this is my new baby! Isn't he cute?".

I think to myself, wow this dog is soooo cute, then I realize that I HAVE NO IDEA WHO SENT IT TO ME.

The text message came in as if I sent it to myself, therefore I have no idea who sent the pic. A week or so later, the SAME thing happened. I got another pic, but at least I knew who was in the pic, but it looked like I sent it to myself.

I really don't get VZW on this one.

Does anyone else have or had this issue? If so, how do you resolve it?
    07-16-08 11:30 AM
    After you log in to the site and navigate to the received messages folder, below the pic is a link with the sender's address or phone number.
    07-16-08 02:44 PM
    After you log in to the site and navigate to the received messages folder, below the pic is a link with the sender's address or phone number.

I am obviously missing something, because I don't see a link to the sender's info......Ay Yi Yi!!!!!!!
    07-16-08 03:55 PM
    Did you signup on some other site to get a "free" ringtone? That is how I got sent to this site. A few months ago.

~M

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 04:04 PM
    Because the only way to see that info is from a pc unless you go to it from opera mini. Otherwise you're right you don't know who sends you picture messages. Of course you can do the work around and just hv them email it to you. Wish they would enable the mms feature of the noncamera phones. I mean yeah we got no camera doesn't mean we don't want to be able to receive mms and create it. Otherwise I love my phone.

07-16-08 04:16 PM
    the prep is right and this is the reason I got rid of my 8830, this is a terrible flaw in the 8830 and the vzwpix site.

Get the Curve you will absolutely love it.
    07-17-08 07:22 AM
    So yeah - got tired of no mms and missed the camera. Picked up the 8330 today. Kind of missing my 8830 but I'm adjusting well.

07-20-08 02:43 AM
    While teching 3 phones on one account last Firday, I came across this. These were not blackberries, but the premiss is the same.

I had to remove the MMS features on each line and re-add it. after this the pictures came through to the phone. This appeard to be issue with the way feature was seen by the network.

You may need to call VZW and have them do this. If you have a VZW online account , might be able to do there.
    07-20-08 07:18 AM
    ^ probably just for those phone. verizon doesn't enable the service book for mms on the 8830 so it's not going to do anything to have them remove/readd it since it's not enabled.
    07-20-08 01:38 PM
    Correct this will work for any 8130 or 8330.
    07-20-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD