Hi,

I'm new to the BB world having just got a 9700 in the UK on Vodafone, having come from an iPhone 3G.

So, i have a friend on verizon in the US that i use the vtext service to speak to via email. I have a separate hotmail account that i use for this and it all works well, its just as easy as sms and doesn't cost silly international fees.

In the past on my iPhone i could also send picture messages using the vzwpix service i'd attach a picture to the email and my friend would get it fine. So tonight on my new bold i tried the same thing. And i keep getting the same email back:

Message could not be delivered to mobile.
    Error: Wap Encoding Error

Original Message:
    To: "XXXXXXXX XX " <XXXXXXXXXX@vzwpix.com>
    Subject:
    Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 22:14:51 +0000

I can attach a picture to a regular email in the hotmail interface and my friend will still get it. but i was hoping that i'd be able to do it from my BB.

I thought it was maybe the file size of the picture, but i resized one on my mac and sent it to the BB and it still wouldn't do it when it was less that 50KB in size.
    Ive also tried just emailing the picture to a regular email account that that worked just fine.

Thanks in advance
    01-28-10 05:19 PM
    I would contact your carrier with the error message.
    01-28-10 06:20 PM
    Unfortunately its not a carrier issue on my end, because it's going via Email, and there hasnt been a problem before with my iPhone and its fine on the hotmail web interface. It's purely a problem on the 9700 at least i think
    01-28-10 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD