07-14-09 11:41 PM
45 12
tools
    I almost want to purposely agree with people who say "it's the same thing as the Curve," just so people won't go out and get it, so I can get it with everyone else.
    Is there anything stopping employees buying the phone at retail price? Or buying it from a third party retailer? Or is this against policy...
    06-29-09 03:42 AM
    Didn't you see the post above yours? CAB had to wait over a month for his employee storm. The Storm was a restricted phone. Some VZW employees got them, but they were testers and got them even before it was released, but most VZW people had to wait.
    trust me, he waited like a normal customer waited, they were sold out within HOURS at the stores, they were still available for purchase, however they werent being shipped till later dates, thats why stores had empty storm boxes to hand out to customers for christmas presents since there was not a guarantee ship by date. I do anticipate the same type of deal with the tour, however i do not believe employees will have to wait to order it, yes they may wait to receive one due to normal high demand, that is typical verizon way with almost every new phone that comes out. (i was not a tester, and i got a storm along with the time the regular customers got theirs) ; also can depend on area he is in, I am in west area , california specifically, we are stocked a little more then michigan.
    06-29-09 05:21 AM
    trust me, he waited like a normal customer waited, they were sold out within HOURS at the stores, they were still available for purchase, however they werent being shipped till later dates, thats why stores had empty storm boxes to hand out to customers for christmas presents since there was not a guarantee ship by date. I do anticipate the same type of deal with the tour, however i do not believe employees will have to wait to order it, yes they may wait to receive one due to normal high demand, that is typical verizon way with almost every new phone that comes out. (i was not a tester, and i got a storm along with the time the regular customers got theirs) ; also can depend on area he is in, I am in west area , california specifically, we are stocked a little more then michigan.
    We were quite well stocked in NY. And storm launch November 21st. Dfill (direct fullfillment, what we use to place orders) shipping times at the highest were 1 week from the date of purchase. Meaning theoretically if i ordered on the 21st, it would be shipped no later than the 28th. I got it Dec 21st. Now this hypothetical theory is also not including the fact that there was a virtual inventory for them (after the warehouse got down to 0) created at 3pm on november 21st. So what does this mean? Any customer who ordered their phones prior to that time received them 2 days later, they shipped the same day. EXCEPT for employees. Same thing happened with the Voyager. Do i think it is going to be the same for the Tour? no. Do i think there will be a wait? yes, but not as long as the storm and Voyager were.
    06-29-09 11:40 AM
    Haha, hopefully they don't sell out so the employees can't get them!
    06-29-09 12:49 PM
    So... as of right now, the Tour isn't an option for me to order or preorder on the Verizon site....

I still wonder, is there any reason (besides price) that we can't just go buy the Tour at full retail?
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 06-30-09 at 05:32 AM.
    06-30-09 05:11 AM
    So... as of right now, the Tour isn't an option for me to order or preorder on the Verizon site....

I still wonder, is there any reason (besides price) that we can't just go buy the Tour at full retail?
    Should be able to.... but that a big deterrant for me. would rather save the $300 and get it a month later maximum. I doubt there will be that long of a hold on it
    06-30-09 06:33 AM
    Well, I'm not gonna say that money is no object, but I might be willing to throw down an extra three bills to have the Tour right away. I also plan to sell my Storm which should make up most of the difference.

But the reason I ask about being able to buy it at full retail is because I'm not all too familiar with the EPP. To my understanding everything has to be done online, and not in store. So I was curious as to whether or not I would be breaking policy by going into a store and just buying it at full-retail (and just not giving my name/number). Or even have a friend purchase it and "give" it to me as a gift.

I'm not one for screwing over my company (tho I don't see how paying full retail price is screwing them over), but I really want the Tour.... But not enough to risk my job.

So I wonder if VZW does like an audit on EPP accounts, and what would happen if it came up that I had a device that there is supposed to be a freeze on for employees.
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 06-30-09 at 02:04 PM.
    06-30-09 07:11 AM
    Well, I'm not gonna say that money is no object, but I might be willing to throw down an extra three bills to have the Tour right away. I plan to sell my Storm which should make up most of the difference.

But the reason I ask about being able to by it at full retail is because I'm not all too familiar with the EPP. To my understanding eveyrthing has to be done online, and not in store. So I was curious as to whether or not I would be breaking policy by going into a store and just buying it at full-retail (and just not giving my name/number). Or even have a friend purchase it and "give" it to me as a gift.

I'm not one for screwing over my company (tho I don't see how paying full retail price is screwing them over), but I really want the Tour.... But not enough to risk my job.

So I wonder if VZW does like an audit on EPP accounts, and what would happen if it came up that I had a device that there is supposed to be a freeze on for employees.
    Probably a slap on the wrist. I highly doubt you would lose your job over it.
    06-30-09 09:45 AM
    From my knowledge I didn't think we had to wait to order new phones anymore because we now do all our ordering from MVZW.. I have tried to pre-order the Tour yet but I sure do plan to so I hope they let us.
    06-30-09 10:33 PM

wel yea u would be saving the money..but think about it..even if u purchase full retail u would still have to wait for customer demand to be low because it does not matter if u get with 2 year discount or full retail, its stil tryin to purchase a tour so u would still wait the same amount of time as getting it with the contract..so my recommendation just wait like a week or so and save those 300 for something good..like your monthly bill lol
    06-30-09 11:39 PM
    Well, I'm not gonna say that money is no object, but I might be willing to throw down an extra three bills to have the Tour right away. I also plan to sell my Storm which should make up most of the difference.

But the reason I ask about being able to buy it at full retail is because I'm not all too familiar with the EPP. To my understanding everything has to be done online, and not in store. So I was curious as to whether or not I would be breaking policy by going into a store and just buying it at full-retail (and just not giving my name/number). Or even have a friend purchase it and "give" it to me as a gift.

no because they monitor employee accounts like once a month, to see if any employees have accessed them that are not authorized to do so, if they have any phones that they are not allowed to have yet. (i knew with the storm i couldnt go to best buy and get 1 because they had the employee accounts locked out from getting a storm activated on them) thats what i have heard but i could be wrong..
    06-30-09 11:43 PM
    From my knowledge I didn't think we had to wait to order new phones anymore because we now do all our ordering from MVZW.. I have tried to pre-order the Tour yet but I sure do plan to so I hope they let us.
    i already tried 2 ways..1 by loggin into my vzw and upgrading 1 of my lines eligible for an upgrade and when it comes to the screen to pick the phones..the tour isnt showing..i also tried by not logging in and clicked on upgrade new fone and it asks for my info and i log into my account and then it goes back to the screen where the phone selection is at and the tour isnt in there anymore. im pretty sure we will be able to order them on july 12th when it comes out but wont get it till way later..hopefully not that long wait after that..but from what im seeing employees cant preorder at all!!! the 1 thing that sucks about working for VERIZON LOL!!!!!!!!
    06-30-09 11:47 PM

Employee accounts will block all employee accounts from activating Tours on them if they restrict employees from purchasing them. They have done that in the past with other phones not available yet to employees. If you find a way around this and they audit your account and you get caught, they have every right to terminate your employee account.[/QUOTE]

Which dept. do you work in? retail or a call center?

My old coworker (still works for vzw but different stores) got the pearl before it came out for employees, but then when she went to activate it it didnt go through. This had to be done over the phone though... a couple years ago so idk if things have really changed... When you do an ESN change, the computer knows what type of phone you enter in (a storm, tour, ect.) so they may program it so nothing with a tour can be activated...

Last point/question... Do you have a dumbphone right now? If so i dont think the esn change will go through online (dumbphone to berry). Once again based on a year or 2 ago... You couldnt do an esn change even from a non-Vcast phone to a Vcast phone.... so yeah... I say just wait to get it online. dont think we will be waiting that long
    07-01-09 10:09 PM
    Employee accounts will block all employee accounts from activating Tours on them if they restrict employees from purchasing them. They have done that in the past with other phones not available yet to employees. If you find a way around this and they audit your account and you get caught, they have every right to terminate your employee account.
    Ok, that's what I was thinking. I think I probably will wait.
    07-02-09 03:13 AM
    On that note, I don't think you can even purchase a phone off the shelf without performing some sort of activation on it. At least not in a direct retail store, we have to activate an ESN on it and have a signature on file for that activation.
    07-02-09 08:28 AM
    Felt like bumpin this because, I was just able to order the Tour online, and with the free overnight... am hoping to see it tomorrow...
    07-12-09 06:37 AM
    Ship Monday - in hand Tuesday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 06:48 AM
    Stick it to the man. Hahaha employees may not get right away, but all customers that do, will find all the bugs for us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Bugs? Do new Blackberry's have bugs? I'm sure the wait will be worth it with your employe discount.
    07-12-09 07:42 AM
    i just got my tour this morning!! been at work all day so didnt have a chance to post this but i got it up and running on my employee account and i swear its the best blackberry i have ever played with!! way better then the storm and curve
    07-14-09 10:46 PM
    Awesome! did you get the 25% discount? Where did you buy it?
    lol no i got the 2 year discount on it and i just ordered it on my verizon and i got it right away i thought i would have to wait like a month but i got it 2 days later!!!
    07-14-09 11:41 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD