07-14-09 11:41 PM
45 12
tools
    No matter when the tour comes out..us verizon employees still gonna have to wait like a month or 2 after it comes out for us to get it!!! DUE TO CUSTOMER DEMAND SO I HOPE YOU CRACKHEADS DONT BUY ANY SO THAT WE CAN GET HANDS ON FIRST LOL!!!!!!!!

06-25-09 12:45 AM
    Well, like you said it's only if it is a high demand phone..
    Wife works in corp. I hope thats not the case..
    06-25-09 12:48 AM
    Think you got it bad? I'm waiting for the Omnia 2. It'll probably not come out until winter.
    06-25-09 02:01 AM
    Think you got it bad? I'm waiting for the Omnia 2. It'll probably not come out until winter.
    It should be worth the wait - all the Omnia bugs worked out in time for Christmas.
    06-25-09 02:36 AM
    No matter when the tour comes out..us verizon employees still gonna have to wait like a month or 2 after it comes out for us to get it!!! DUE TO CUSTOMER DEMAND SO I HOPE YOU CRACKHEADS DONT BUY ANY SO THAT WE CAN GET HANDS ON FIRST LOL!!!!!!!!

How about you just don't tell them you work for Verizon?

Or go to Best Buy to buy the Tour?
    06-25-09 02:43 AM
    Employees do not have that luxury. Employees have to use company resources to buy devices and work their accounts.

I was able to get the curve when it came out. Sometimes we get lucky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 07:35 AM
    Is there really this much demand?

because now i have to seriously consider camping out...
    06-25-09 07:58 AM
    Guess it depends on the price.

06-25-09 09:47 AM

That may not be the case anymore since we have to use myverizon to take part of the employee phone program. When the voyager was released (i know it's not a Blackberry), it wasn't available to employees for 3 or 4 months...same with the Dare. However, I just ordered 2 Env Touch phones for a couple of the lines on my account and it's only been out about 2 weeks. I also noticed I could get the Pearl Flip 8230 if I wanted it...which I don't....patiently waiting for the Tour....well....maybe not so patiently.
    06-25-09 10:43 AM
    That may not be the case anymore since we have to use myverizon to take part of the employee phone program. When the voyager was released (i know it's not a Blackberry), it wasn't available to employees for 3 or 4 months...same with the Dare. However, I just ordered 2 Env Touch phones for a couple of the lines on my account and it's only been out about 2 weeks. I also noticed I could get the Pearl Flip 8230 if I wanted it...which I don't....patiently waiting for the Tour....well....maybe not so patiently.
    Ugh... Employee MyVerizon. Useless if you have a previously written off account. I had my employee account and a friends account in my name, and when they AOLed over to their own name, I couldn't do crap online anymore because it showed as an "unpaid written off account" even though it was fully paid, so they have to do all my orders.....

........MANUALLY!!!!!!!! Dun dun DUNNNN!!!!!

My poor attempt at dramatic music^
    06-25-09 01:14 PM
    hmmm well with all the post that i have been seeing on here about the tour i think that the demand will be high..hopefully it wont so that we can get to it quick..yea lets see if it shows on my verizon lets pray!!
    06-25-09 02:06 PM
    Dont worry folks...when I get it on release day I'll post all kinds of pics and tell you how great it is! I crack myself up!
    06-25-09 02:17 PM
    Dont worry folks...when I get it on release day I'll post all kinds of pics and tell you how great it is! I crack myself up!
    You will drive those poor deprived verizon people crazy.

06-25-09 02:41 PM
    You will drive those poor deprived verizon people crazy.

Heh Heh Heh Nice to "stick it to the man" every now and then!
    06-25-09 04:51 PM
    Stick it to the man. Hahaha employees may not get right away, but all customers that do, will find all the bugs for us.

06-25-09 06:25 PM
    Stick it to the man. Hahaha employees may not get right away, but all customers that do, will find all the bugs for us.

Didnt think of it that way...good call! I just hope it doesnt turn into another "Storm" of problems....been there done that (4 times) and dont want it again. From what Ive been reading it should only have a few minor glitches. That I can live with!
    06-26-09 03:55 PM
    Didnt think of it that way...good call! I just hope it doesnt turn into another "Storm" of problems....been there done that (4 times) and dont want it again. From what Ive been reading it should only have a few minor glitches. That I can live with!
    I hope not as well. From what I heard it will same OS as the storm, but without all the touch screen stuff. The feed back I have gotten from customers on the .148, there has been a lot of improvement. Not sure I will like the keyboard though, looks a lot like the one 8830 and I hate that one.
    06-26-09 04:03 PM
    I hope not as well. From what I heard it will same OS as the storm, but without all the touch screen stuff. The feed back I have gotten from customers on the .148, there has been a lot of improvement. Not sure I will like the keyboard though, looks a lot like the one 8830 and I hate that one.
    True but the Tour's OS is derived from normal (Non-touchscreen) BB's. The Storm should of had a seperate OS...made specifically for a touchscreen. If the "Storm Troopers" are happy with 148 then I think it may fit well for the 9630.
    06-26-09 04:30 PM
    some of the dsc's in OH/PA/WV will have them by the end of next week i've heard
    06-26-09 11:13 PM
    When I ordered my storm, i placed the order at 6AM the day it launched. Got it end of december. (placed through MyVerizon...) Lower demand phones like the env touch and pearl flip will ship right away. Just like im sure if you tried to order a netbook a couple weeks ago you would of waited a while for it
    06-26-09 11:24 PM
    when the storm came out, employees got them right away no wait, I think that was a bigger deal than the tour, but we'll see, I wouldn't be surprised if employees have to wait for the tour tho, that's why employees don't get too excited about new devices anymore something newer and better always comes out a few months later anyway!
    06-28-09 06:57 PM
    when the storm came out, employees got them right away no wait, I think that was a bigger deal than the tour, but we'll see, I wouldn't be surprised if employees have to wait for the tour tho, that's why employees don't get too excited about new devices anymore something newer and better always comes out a few months later anyway!
    Didn't you see the post above yours? CAB had to wait over a month for his employee storm. The Storm was a restricted phone. Some VZW employees got them, but they were testers and got them even before it was released, but most VZW people had to wait.
    06-28-09 09:11 PM
    Didn't you see the post above yours? CAB had to wait over a month for his employee storm. The Storm was a restricted phone. Some VZW employees got them, but they were testers and got them even before it was released, but most VZW people had to wait.
    Not really, the storm was available day one for employees. When stores and warehouses started running out, they stopped sales to employees for awhile. If I recall this is how it happened. Getting old is a B***h
    06-28-09 09:13 PM
    Not really, the storm was available day one for employees. When stores and warehouses started running out, they stopped sales to employees for awhile. If I recall this is how it happened. Getting old is a B***h
    idk... I ordered mine at about 6:00am the day it launched and then got an email later in the day saying for employees it was being held until customer demand was fullfilled. Not saying some didnt slip through, but everyone in my district was stuck waiting for it....
    06-28-09 10:39 PM
    Storm was held till January but if you look at the advertising for the Storm (3 months out) and the advertising for the Tour (non-existent two weeks away) it is really not likely anyone will be waiting that long.
    06-28-09 11:00 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD