Got another email about an early upgrade last night, the Z30 is $99 with a 2 year contract until 5/19/14. I ended up having to go into a carrier store to place the order before 5/18 because of an issue with my account, but the rep was happy to sell me the device, no attempts were made to discourage me from buying a BlackBerry.

They didn't keep any in stock, so it has to be shipped, no big deal. If you're in the US and want a Z30, now would be a great time to order one.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-10-14 06:17 PM
    Thanks for the heads up! Go get yours, people!
    EchoesFX likes this.
    05-10-14 06:46 PM
    Thankyou much for this, I may do that.

Amazon had a $49 deal w/ new/renewed contract but I'd rather do it direct.

So this has nothing to do with the "$100 off" general promo I recently got emailed about? Sure would be cool if I could get one for $0 + tax.
    05-10-14 07:51 PM
    Thankyou much for this, I may do that.

Amazon had a $49 deal w/ new/renewed contract but I'd rather do it direct.

So this has nothing to do with the "$100 off" general promo I recently got emailed about? Sure would be cool if I could get one for $0 + tax.
    This would be from that promo.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 08:55 PM
    Hi I am just curious, on the majority of Canadian carriers Z30 use STA100-5

My dad wants to upgrade to the z30, but travels in the USA for work during the week.. so we are trying to figure out if he should go with Wind here in Canada or verizon.

What model does verizon use for frequencies?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 04:09 PM

My dad wants to upgrade to the z30, but travels in the USA for work during the week.. so we are trying to figure out if he should go with Wind here in Canada or verizon.

What model does verizon use for frequencies?

Posted via CB10
    STA100-3 is the Verizon model.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 06:17 PM

If you're traveling a lot between Canada and the USA, I would strongly recommend you get a Canadian GSM-based model and if you are activating on a carrier in the USA use a GSM carrier (ie AT&T or T-Mobile), as Verizon's system is based on CDMA and to get full data performance (ie LTE) on Verizon you typically need to use a dedicated Verizon-oriented model hardware which is then handicapped on GSM networks. (ie no LTE or HSPA data - only EDGE maximum - basically 2G)
    05-12-14 01:02 AM
    If you're traveling a lot between Canada and the USA, I would strongly recommend you get a Canadian GSM-based model and if you are activating on a carrier in the USA use a GSM carrier (ie AT&T or T-Mobile), as Verizon's system is based on CDMA and to get full data performance (ie LTE) on Verizon you typically need to use a dedicated Verizon-oriented model hardware which is then handicapped on GSM networks. (ie no LTE or HSPA data - only EDGE maximum - basically 2G)
    Yah I noticed on other sites the sta100-3 was only verizon. But I didn't realize that their model doesn't do hspa. Thanks for the info, I suggested if he is willing to pay full price to then go with Wind here in Canada since they have an unlimited US roaming package plus Canada too (tho he would be roaming in at his house which is just 20 cents a minute) for 39$, beats his $120 verizon bill he has now. Then if signal Sucks while in US to go with at&t

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 02:31 AM
    Going to call them and give it a ago...the online chat rep said if I can't get threw tonight they will honor it tomorrow even though I got no such email...hope it works.
    05-19-14 10:44 PM