I went to the Verizon Wireless website the other day to review the details of my plan and was frustrated by the layout of the site and how they present the plan details. It seems to me to be a very ambiguous presentation as if they don't really want me to know for what exactly I am or am not paying.

Perhaps it's so customers will opt for the highest priced plans to avoid overcharges? Or maybe so they can change the plan details without anyone noticing?

I'd complain, but the information IS there. You just have to search, and search, and search to find it.

Does anyone else think this is intentional?

I really like Verizon, and have no plans to switch but I'd really like to see them develop a site with a single page showing, "This is what you used, and this is what we charged you for it." and perhaps even a "This is what you paid for and didn't use..."

Then again, maybe I'm just difficult.
    03-24-09 10:12 AM
    I really like Verizon, and have no plans to switch but I'd really like to see them develop a site with a single page showing, "This is what you used, and this is what we charged you for it." and perhaps even a "This is what you paid for and didn't use..."

Then again, maybe I'm just difficult.
    You can do all that from the My Verizon page. In the cell usage section it will show you how many minutes you are using, how many text you sent, how many of both you have left, how much data you have used, etc. Also there is a tab called My Plan that will give you the details on everything on the current plan that you are paying for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 10:17 AM
    It's how any company making a profit will design such a site. make it look good and put the best looking and best (price) out in front. But like any company or even there site. Fine print to read is a must...

I am able to find everything I need by using the links for calls and data usage..

Plan details yeah it's all there..... But you gotta know what to look for as you stated.

But you can send them an email... And let them know...

Mailing Address

Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service Department
    777 Big Timber Rd
    Elgin, Illinois 60123

New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless
    03-24-09 10:18 AM
    I have no problems with the latest rendition of MyVerizon for billing & usage information. The tabs at the top are nice for reducing clutter.

Where I have issues is switching to order mode. Many features cannot be provisioned online. Your login doesn't carry over. Ordering a new device can be rather cryptic.

And I do have an issue with America's largest carrier not having a mobile version.

03-24-09 10:30 AM
    OK, thanks. I guess I'm just difficult.

Yes, I did find everything I wanted, however I had to go to three different pages for my info, and then look elsewhere for the plan details.

I think a single page with all of the details, voice, text/pix/flix messages, and data usage and charges would be convenient.
    03-24-09 11:26 AM
    I have no problems with the latest rendition of MyVerizon for billing & usage information. The tabs at the top are nice for reducing clutter.

Where I have issues is switching to order mode. Many features cannot be provisioned online. Your login doesn't carry over. Ordering a new device can be rather cryptic.

And I do have an issue with America's largest carrier not having a mobile version.

Yes I agree you'd think their site would be mobile friendly. But it sucks to navigate from your cell. Hopefully they are listening , but I doubt it.

03-24-09 01:23 PM
    Come into a store even an authorized/premium retailers (i've had better luck with these in the past to tell you the truth, you are not just a "number" with a waittime there)...I swear you people are going to be crying when the brick and mortars are gone and you have no one to yell at in person yet you continue to give business to an avenue that is going to eliminate it
    03-24-09 03:19 PM
    It's certainly not intentional. However, IMHO it is incompetence. If you think vzw.com is bad you should try using some of their internal systems.
    03-24-09 04:44 PM
    It's certainly not intentional. However, IMHO it is incompetence. If you think vzw.com is bad you should try using some of their internal systems.
    If you look deep enough into those systems, they date back to the days of the Bell System monopoly & have roots in UNIX, COBOL & FORTRAN; a mishmash of systems & databases with patches so they'll talk to each other.

AT&T is no better.

03-24-09 05:14 PM
    OK, thanks. I guess I'm just difficult.

Yes, I did find everything I wanted, however I had to go to three different pages for my info, and then look elsewhere for the plan details.

I think a single page with all of the details, voice, text/pix/flix messages, and data usage and charges would be convenient.
    All you gotta do is pull up your bill. It outlines everything on the top and then the details are lower in the bill.
    03-24-09 05:17 PM
    All you gotta do is pull up your bill. It outlines everything on the top and then the details are lower in the bill.
    You are right...I work @ vzw and I never try to go through my charges in the bill overview. It is much easier to click "print bill" and read what the charges are as if you were mailed a paper bill. The only good thing about Verizons website is viewing the current usage and phone calls. Trying to figure out were any overages are is much more maintainable in the print bill screen.
    I honestly don't think that it is intentional because we have worked on changing the sight to be more user friendly...there is so much more to a phone now to were it is impossible for the "easy" stuff to be listed plain as day.
    03-24-09 10:52 PM
    I have to agree with the sentiment that the site should be a bit more mobile-friendly, considering their product. I understand that a detailed call log, plan pricing details, and whatnot may be too much for a mobile phone browser...

But, imagine my chagrin when wading through all those tabs, images, and scripts to pay my bill and coming upon the last button needed to continue.........and it DIDN'T WORK!

Possibly a wap version of the website where you could view truncated account details and quickly pay your bill would be prudent.

03-24-09 11:51 PM
    I'd love to know what internal VZW systems you use...
    03-25-09 12:09 AM
    I agree that the site isn't very user friendly in terms of finding out what you need to know. I've spent a good hour or so digging through things to find it, and recently it seems as if the site changes around a bit. Every time I've been logging in the personal account page is different.

Right now the most annoying thing for me is that dumb little green meter bar that counts down until you're eligible for the new every 2 year... mine says: 11/15/09 which is clearly about 8 months away... but according to their dumb green meter it's about 4! (oh if only it were true then I could finally get my first bb )
    03-25-09 12:31 AM
    Right now the most annoying thing for me is that dumb little green meter bar that counts down until you're eligible for the new every 2 year... mine says: 11/15/09 which is clearly about 8 months away... but according to their dumb green meter it's about 4! (oh if only it were true then I could finally get my first bb )
    Mine does the same thing. One is the 24 month window, the other is 20 month for your NE2.

03-25-09 12:45 AM
    Mine does the same thing. One is the 24 month window, the other is 20 month for your NE2.

Actually it's not. That's what I thought at first. But my actual contract end date (24 month) is 3/15/2010. The earliest I could get that upgrade (20 month) actually is the 11/15/2010. That green bar's just cooky.

Either way, once it fills up I will try to see if I can talk my way into an early upgrade...
    03-25-09 01:36 PM
    Your prayers have been answered. The website is about to get a huge makeover. Including the use of user rating like AT&T has on their site.
    03-25-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD