06-11-08 12:22 PM
42 12
tools
    Ironically, the one place I visit most these days, the SE side of Bainbridge Island (near Seattle) where mum lives, Verizon works like crap. Downtown Seattle and environs no problem but there's a weak spot in their coverage on this part of the island that makes me drop a lot of calls. They only have 1 tower on the island and it's shadow'd by hills, which forces my phone(s) to grab signal from Seattle, 9 miles away.

ATT has a site nearby and their service works perfectly well.
    06-04-08 12:06 PM
    Just a quick question for the OP, how much time do you spend in this out of network area (At&t) a year? That would be my deciding factor. I agree with the a lot of the posts that having network coverage is the most important issue. With that said, I switched to At&t from sprint because I had to have a moto Razr when it came out, and because of network coverage in Socal seamed the best at the time.

I travel oversees every few months so the GSM phone maid more sense for me. Who knows though, the idea of that Blackberry thunder on Verizon exclusive might make me change my tune!
    06-04-08 12:18 PM
    VZW. Most reliable data and voice coverage. AT&T's performance is spotty here in Texas. Texas is relatively flat. AT&T phones might have all the bars but those bars might be on E or G mode.
    on Verizon, you get consistent speed.
    06-04-08 01:36 PM
    Yeah, not exacly a Verizon fan. Their propensity for locking out phone features really frosts me (latest is the Curve GPS and Bluetooth file transfer).

I have VZW for one reason and one reason only - coverage. I've carried Sprint, Nexttel, and ATT as company phones. At least 30% of the time (when outside of cities), I've had to rely on my personal phone (VZW) to connect.

I wish ATT or someone would improve so I could leave Verizon. After all, the point of phone service is the connection. And, no. I refuse to pay $10 per month to use a feature that is built in and should be FREE.
    06-04-08 02:30 PM
    Yeah, not exacly a Verizon fan. Their propensity for locking out phone features really frosts me (latest is the Curve GPS and Bluetooth file transfer).

I have VZW for one reason and one reason only - coverage. I've carried Sprint, Nexttel, and ATT as company phones. At least 30% of the time (when outside of cities), I've had to rely on my personal phone (VZW) to connect.

I wish ATT or someone would improve so I could leave Verizon. After all, the point of phone service is the connection. And, no. I refuse to pay $10 per month to use a feature that is built in and should be FREE.
    I couldn't agree more. The reason I switched from Cingular was because of the spotty service. I want my GPS though!
    06-04-08 03:24 PM
    It all comes down to opinion and service in your specific "neck of the woods"...all the rest of our banter is just a little friendly nippin at eachother. I mean we all love our Blackberry's right? I was messin' around on the "Sprint Sucks" thread and some of the sprint subscribers acted like they were gonna send a posse after me! I guess i have to start lumpin carrier discussion in with the religion and politics category: Dont talk about it! And if you wanna see some insanely hostile carrier defenders check out the T-mo wins jd powers award again (and att never does) its seriously rediculous!
    06-04-08 04:30 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/t-m...er-does-34459/

heres the link to that forum i mentioned...check out some of the posts, i tried to lighten the mood in there its insane!
    06-04-08 04:33 PM
    It all comes down to who can offer the best coverage, If T-MO or that Boost Mobile did than i would say go with them. Att use to be the best in my area but they got relaxed and now they are not on top of there game. Alot of the people i know including my employer use Cingular/att and they drop calls, or its static an all you hear from them is i've been with so long now i afraid to change, I dont want to lose my thousands of roll over mins. Whatever! Just shop around i know that some stores will let you try them out for a day or two to see if they can steal away your business.
    06-08-08 02:52 AM
    I can sit my phones beside each other. my family has att(i have a phone on the plan i pay 10 a month for) and i have a vzw blackberry curve. att sucks in the country. you do not get 3g speeds in rural areas and the coverage just plain is horrible. with my att phone i can hold it wrong and have no service and i can see the tower. with my vzw phone it is rock solid. no static eather, well ill take that back. if there is static i kno theres something wrong with the tower. so i call vzw and tell them ive had issues and they fix it. the last 2 times ive had static ive calld in and the last time they didn't beleive me, then called a week later to appologize and gave me a 100 credit for the hassle. vzw is the way to go. if i had 10 posts id send you photobucket links of my singal indicators to prove it to you if i hold it wrong or walk to a diff area i would loose my signal. i hate gsm! cdma all the way!
    06-09-08 12:42 AM
    I've used both..when I was with VZW, they were ok, & I never really had any problems although I don't really care for their rate plans... I'm finding I kind of like AT&T a little better...IMO
    06-09-08 08:49 AM
    I have Verizon, I love and hate verizon, if you are using a NON smart phone verizon is pretty cool, the area live in ATT actual has better coverage. But it seems if you have a smart phone VZ wants to hold you down. I have four phones on my plan. I also think that my four phones will wither go to ATT or possible Tmobile within the next year.
    06-09-08 10:44 AM
    I would use whichever is the best fit for your needs. It sounds like you may have coverage issues with ATT so they probably wouldn't be the best choice. I had t-mo for a while, hated them. The I went to sprint and they were cool for a couple years and then started to hate them and i've been with VZW for the past 2 years and coverage is awesome, data is fast and customer service has been great for me. The aren't rated the best carrier in the country for nothing!

I do agree that VZW is definitely not the first to come out with new BB devices or "revelutionary" devices, (seems like they always coming out with a new flip phone or something lol), but They have been go to me. I can remember last summer going to a small town in South Carolina and no one from out of town has service accept verizon users!
    06-09-08 02:38 PM
    I moved to verizon a few years ago and coverage is much better. Att cist service was horrible to me. Oh and just use google maps if you don't want to pay for navigator. That is what I do at least. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 03:54 PM
    I was considering returning my Curve to VZW for the 3G iPhone, but it seems like it is still in beta, missing many features. Perhaps 2 years from now it will be better.

For now Verizon is king. As a customer, I don't like when they lock out functionality, ie GPS. If I used the GPS regularly, I could buy a BT puck and get by.

I recently used VZNavigator on my LG 8300 while in San Francisco, and it was worth every penny. When I was done, I just had them turn it off. Another benefit is tethering. I can turn it on or off as I please and it only costs 2 dollars a day on my LG. It should be a dollar a day with my Curve. I save a bundle vs hotel wifi.

Now if I can just learn how to use the Curve (my first BB).
    06-09-08 10:12 PM
    Same issue for me, Im a phone junkie so ATT worked better for me with them getting new phones all the time. Also, in my area, ATT is better, VZNW just started putting up towers in my area a few years ago, so while coverage is good, Im satisfied with ATT right now. Customer Service is a different story however........grr lol.
    06-09-08 10:15 PM
    In this case it seems a lot of people would rather say" hey look at my cool phone" I can't use it but it looks cool dosent it. This makes absolutly no sense to me, but what do I know.

06-11-08 12:16 PM
    I just want everyone to know that f0rsfed is 100% right! I mean ATT gets no sevice anywhere. All of its subscribers walk around unable to talk or communicate with anyone...ever-but damn we have nice phones! I love all of my crackberry brothers and sisters here but sometimes you seriously say the most ******** sh*@. Everyone likes their provider for a reason but I highly doubt ATT would have the most people on its network if there was never service.much love!

06-11-08 12:22 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD