I have installed CrunchSMS and have turned off the native SMS app and all my SMS are going to CrunchSMS fine. However, I am stuck on getting the notification via CrunchSMS for my voicemail. I am using a Storm 2 on Verizon. As instructed, I went into Security Options/Firewall and ticked off Specific Addresses. I then went to the menu and to Configure Exceptions and put in my 10-digit cell phone number--that is not correct. I contacted Dev at CrunchSMS who instructed that "the number you need to set up in exception is the one that is used by your carrier to send voicemail notifications." I'm not sure if this is a single number for everyone, or everyone has a separate number, and before I call VZW and make a fool of myself, can someone give me some idea if they've done this before and what I need to ask for from VZW?
    09-14-10 12:26 PM
    Voicemail forwarding does have 5-6 numbers in front of your number to direct to the voicemail service. These numbers are generally different depending on your vcml service and region. AnyPath and Comverse are the main ones and your directory number is based off of that. The best option is to call Tech support and see what it is, as most CS reps may not know what that is, since they do not deal with that.
    09-14-10 01:03 PM
    Voicemail forwarding does have 5-6 numbers in front of your number to direct to the voicemail service. These numbers are generally different depending on your vcml service and region. AnyPath and Comverse are the main ones and your directory number is based off of that. The best option is to call Tech support and see what it is, as most CS reps may not know what that is, since they do not deal with that.
    Thanks Supermario. I tried that, I spoke with Tech Support who did try to help me, even taking it up the ladder in an attempt to get this information. No one at Tech Support even understood what I was talking about. I really like this CrunchSMS application and it is free, but if they would like to sell more licenses to people who like the app and will be willing to pay for it to get it without the banner, I am asking someone at CrunchSMS to please help with this problem and either fix getting a voicemail notification sent to CrunchSMS, or at the very least, explain things a little better.
    Last edited by Whippetcat; 09-16-10 at 12:08 PM.
    09-16-10 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD