04-29-09 04:49 AM
100 1234
tools
    I do have some friends in marketing and tech. I do have some info but unfortunately I can't give that out. It's not worth my job. .

I'll leave that to the reps who guess and make up dates .
    PM me with a hint. I will keep my mouth zipped...THX
    04-13-09 10:01 PM
    It should be out tomorrow. That's what a Verizon rep told my friends, mothers, sisters, aunt.
    04-13-09 10:06 PM
    My best friends, wifes, mothers, ex pen pals sister told me possibly the day after next
    04-13-09 10:10 PM
    That's probably right.
    04-13-09 10:13 PM
    I trust the source for sure...lol Take it easy...nice chatting
    04-13-09 10:15 PM
    I have a question. Do you still get the VIP "status" if you're on a one year contract?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 10:37 PM
    If you stay with us longer than the one year, sure.
    04-14-09 12:59 AM
    so i meet all those requirements and im not vip..what up with that?
    04-14-09 01:22 AM
    You have to meet those requirements at February in the beginning of every year. It's not continuous enrollment, it happens once per year.
    04-14-09 01:48 AM
    so maybe it was that vzw bill from 2004 from my old number that I just paid yesterday.
    04-14-09 10:13 AM
    Do you have a corporate discount?
    Nope.

I get 20% access discount plus a 25% discount accessories, but a few weeks ago I called up VZ because last month I was hitting my minutes very hard and was a couple of hundred minutes over my plan limit.

I called vz and the rep I spoke with stated that I was a VIP member, and since I've been a loyal customer for over 10 years, he could extend me bonus minutes of up to 500 minutes. He explained that these minutes are random and are only available once in a calendar year.

This defiantly was a nice get out of jail card!!! Thx VZW.
    I got the same deal. I went over my minutes by about 100+ minutes even with monitoring my usage and then they said that it extended my contract date 1 year but I would still have my NE2 and get 500 "bonus" minutes for the calendar year yet when I check online my date it still shows my original contract end date.
    04-14-09 12:02 PM
    Yeah they're generally not available you would most likely have had to up your plan. You should monitor your usage so you don't get overages!

The bonus minutes did show on the last statement, as promo minutes. I'll probably have to upgrade this month because my minutes are adding up quick again this month.
    04-14-09 06:49 PM
    Nope.

I got the same deal. I went over my minutes by about 100+ minutes even with monitoring my usage and then they said that it extended my contract date 1 year but I would still have my NE2 and get 500 "bonus" minutes for the calendar year yet when I check online my date it still shows my original contract end date.
    No mention of extending my contract, in fact I asked him if it effected my contract, he said no. It was a one off deal.
    04-14-09 06:51 PM
    The 500 minutes are different than the ones you got. The 500 bonus minutes are for 12 months or until used. The ones you got are 60 days or until used.
    04-14-09 08:02 PM
    Yea after reading here I'm thinking its 500 bonus good for 12 months and not "good for 12 months pending a 1 year extension" For me it shows up on my statement as "500 Bonus Min 1 Year" online as an additional feature.
    04-15-09 03:56 PM
    don't assume u have VIP status just because you had it once before. I'm in a bit of a frustration over this program because one minute your on it, next minute your off it simply because of a price plan change or several other rediculous factors! And 611 reps can't just put u back on it, it needs to be offered by a separate department if u get dropped for whatever rediculous reason. Everytime I confirm I'm a VIP, some store dimwit says I'm not and then theres this big fight btwn 611 and the store in which in the end, they end up just honoring the discounts. Not good business practice if u ask me!!!
    04-16-09 08:50 AM
    So, how can I find out if I'm a VIP member. I've been with Verizon for a really long time but don't think I've ever gotten anything in the mail...granted I usually just toss whatever I do get from them...
    04-16-09 08:59 AM
    u can call to see if ur account is tagged with VIP status. But theres a lot of technicalities that can change that in a days time, and good pay record has nothing to do with it. If u drop price plans to 450 min, u lose it. However, one rep did tell me it was a combined monthly bill min that matters (hense BB data included) while another rep said no, it has to be 900 plan or higher regardless of "extras." So I was dropped! I went over my minutes and even though I was confirmed to have been on the VIP program when I called, it was dropped due to a previous price plan change that went into affect after the rep confirmed I was in the program. I purposely went over my minutes because of their amesty program and when I got the bill, they said I was no longer a VIP but that it does not show up in their system because of the month in advance issue (I guess). With a little arguing and some previous notes from the past rep, they granted the minute bonus anyway but it was a hassle.

Next time I was dropped was when I canceled my family shared line but elected to keep my secondary line phone # as my primary. They did this courtesy which dropped me from the VIP program even though the family share line was from the same account. WHen they were made aware of it, they could not do anything about it and I just had to wait to get the offer again in the mail... BULL****TTTTTTTTTTTT!

So don't just assume u have VIP status continuously. Verify and make sure they write notes confirming u have it before u go over ur minutes
    04-16-09 09:21 AM
    If u drop price plans to 450 min, u lose it.
    Not true - my brother dropped 900 about 18 months ago and is on 450. He is on a single, standalone account and enjoys VIP status. It never dropped or changed.

04-16-09 12:09 PM
    Not true - my brother dropped 900 about 18 months ago and is on 450. He is on a single, standalone account and enjoys VIP status. It never dropped or changed.

When I changed price plans sometime before christmas to 450, I asked the rep that very question and she said I will not lose it because of my combined bb data and unlimited texting plan.

A week before I purposely went over my minutes, I called to verify and the rep said I was indeed a VIP.

Once I tried to claim the amnesty minutes after that billing cycle, the next rep told me that I was not on the VIP program and was dropped because of reducing my price plan.

Thank goodness for the notations on my account and my persistance before hand. So while I'm not exactly sure who is correct here, the moral of the story is to be on top of it and not assume
    04-16-09 12:17 PM
    The VIP program enrollment/de-enrollment only happens once a year.

There is a certain point in the year they run enrollment you either qualify or you do not. It is not continuous.
    04-17-09 12:51 AM
    but you can lose it when changes are made within that calender year (without notice). You are not made aware when it does change. And even though CS is good enough that most will just give courtesy, it's extremely subjective and creates an extra hassle, especially when dealing with claiming amnesty minutes you thought you had! Verizon needs to fix this issue. However, I'm not sure how many ppl it has affected

last time I received a VIP card, it did say "expires (DATE)." It should be in affect until the date of expiration just as the card says regardless of changes to your account plan or services
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 04-17-09 at 03:54 PM.
    04-17-09 03:49 PM
    You're wrong. There was a snapshot taken on 2/27/2009. You are enrolled until 2/27/2010, at that point another snapshot is taken

Let's just say you're right though. Lets say you can lose it. Why should you be able to retain it even if you do not meet the qualifications?
    04-17-09 06:34 PM
    I'm not getting into this debate with u! All I'm saying is do not assume you have it and go over your minutes as I did. I was lucky and persistant in my calls prior, but for those not as much, it can bite you in the ****.

Stop looking for fights with me as I could care less about looking for fights with you
    04-17-09 06:54 PM
    I'm not getting into this debate with u! All I'm saying is do not assume you have it and go over your minutes as I did. I was lucky and persistant in my calls prior, but for those not as much, it can bite you in the ****.

Stop looking for fights with me as I could care less about looking for fights with you
    Giving up because you're wrong? Geeze, I didn't figure you for one of those.
    04-17-09 08:07 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD