04-29-09 05:49 AM
100 123 ...
tools
    What does being a vip customer at verizon wireless entitle you to?
    04-05-09 04:05 AM
    Cool stuff i guess?
    04-05-09 04:26 AM
    Also a discount on all products bought through them. I believe it is like 25%.
    04-05-09 04:43 AM
    Also a discount on all products bought through them. I believe it is like 25%.
    That and first notification of new products/services.

Its all good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 04:48 AM
    VIP Customers (formerly merit)

Get 25% off accessories.
    Early Upgrade
    Waived fees such as activation for new line adds, mtn change, restocking fee, and others.
    Theres more.
    04-05-09 04:53 AM
    VIP Customers (formerly merit)

Get 25% off accessories.
    Early Upgrade
    Waived fees such as activation for new line adds, mtn change, restocking fee, and others.
    Theres more.
    As I said - good stuff.

Why don't you take a moment to explain to everyone what qualifies you to be a VIP?

Unless, of course, you're busy with your Beanie Babies.

04-05-09 05:11 AM
    Its all good.
    Unless you happen to be me. VZW VIP entitles you to $50 off at NE2. Problem is, I had $100 off until just a few weeks ago (at least according to an in-store rep.) but then this program came out and Poof! $50 gone.

To be fair, I think the $100 thing actually changed at the start of the year and my store guys just weren't up to speed, but I didn't find out about it until I got the VIP flyer in the mail and called CS to ask what the heck happened. So I for one am not feeling the VIP love, even if I'm blaming the wrong source.
    04-05-09 09:56 AM
    VIP got me a storm for $100, and no restock fee if I return it. Also a 15% monthly discount on features and plans and upgrade eligibility after 1 year instead of 2.
    04-05-09 10:18 AM
    Unless you happen to be me. VZW VIP entitles you to $50 off at NE2. Problem is, I had $100 off until just a few weeks ago (at least according to an in-store rep.) but then this program came out and Poof! $50 gone.

To be fair, I think the $100 thing actually changed at the start of the year and my store guys just weren't up to speed, but I didn't find out about it until I got the VIP flyer in the mail and called CS to ask what the heck happened. So I for one am not feeling the VIP love, even if I'm blaming the wrong source.
    NE2 system has been changed for at least a year (noticed it when I got my old RAZRMAXX VE ). But it goes by the price of your plan now. 34.99-69.98 I think qualifies you for a $50 discount, and 69.99+ gets you the $100. I could be wrong ab the price ranges, but it's the general gist of the system.

And thanks to the VIP, I was able to do an early upgrade to my storm, to get rid of that $&*# moto!
    04-05-09 10:28 AM
    NE2 system has been changed for at least a year (noticed it when I got my old RAZRMAXX VE ). But it goes by the price of your plan now. 34.99-69.98 I think qualifies you for a $50 discount, and 69.99+ gets you the $100. I could be wrong ab the price ranges, but it's the general gist of the system.

And thanks to the VIP, I was able to do an early upgrade to my storm, to get rid of that $&*# moto!

Oh, that's probably what happened, then. I bumped down from a 1400 minute family plan (which we weren't even close to using) to a 700 minute one a couple of weeks ago. In any case, the problem clearly wasn't the VIP program, that was just my occasion for finding out about it. Thanks for the info.

Hmmm... Maybe I should add those 700 minutes back in for the month of July... (or May... or September... or whenever the ^&(!%&#%$% Niagara comes out)
    04-05-09 10:39 AM
    NE2 is $30 and $50 now though I believe
    04-05-09 02:29 PM
    As I said - good stuff.

Why don't you take a moment to explain to everyone what qualifies you to be a VIP?

Unless, of course, you're busy with your Beanie Babies.

Consumer and ELEU (Employee Liable End User) accounts,
    Monthly access of $79.99 or higher for single and Family SharePlans,
    Plan access requirement must be met for only one line on the account,
    On an eligible plan for the past 6+ months,
    12+ months of service tenure, and
    Account is not 60+ days past due.

--

Access discounts are different. VIP does not equate to access discounts. You probably have a ECPD profile (corporate profile) on your account. You work, or your account holder, works for a company that has a contract with us. They promise to many lines, we give them a discount.
    04-05-09 03:11 PM
    The $30/$50 dollar NE2 is for new customers starting on February 15 of this year and later. If it was before that date, you still have the $50/$100. I just went and looked on the VZW website
    04-05-09 03:16 PM
    I get a military discount thats close to some of those benefits. 15%, monthly, either 15% or 25% in store accessories......wonder if I can still get VIP status? Hmmmmmmmm I'll have to dig on that one.
    04-05-09 03:20 PM
    You can have a corporate profile and VIP.
    04-05-09 04:15 PM
    You can have a corporate profile and VIP.
    Still no time away from the Beanies?

04-05-09 04:22 PM
    I know. I'm having withdrawls
    04-05-09 07:05 PM
    You can use one or the other but not both on the accessories. Best to keep the 15% on access though as the most you can get on corporate is 8%. Military can also cancel without penalty if deployed. You will lose your number though.

I get a military discount thats close to some of those benefits. 15%, monthly, either 15% or 25% in store accessories......wonder if I can still get VIP status? Hmmmmmmmm I'll have to dig on that one.
    04-05-09 07:19 PM
    I have a 23% a month corporate discount and am part of the VIP program. when i go into the store i get the normal 25% discount off accessories...so they already give you the higher percentage off, and techitrucker, my corporate discount through UPS is 15% off all accessories
    04-09-09 06:54 PM
    How do you know if you have a VIP account?
    04-13-09 02:08 PM
    You will get a letter in the mail.
    04-13-09 02:47 PM
    Consumer and ELEU (Employee Liable End User) accounts,
    Monthly access of $79.99 or higher for single and Family SharePlans,
    Plan access requirement must be met for only one line on the account,
    On an eligible plan for the past 6+ months,
    12+ months of service tenure, and
    Account is not 60+ days past due.

--

Access discounts are different. VIP does not equate to access discounts. You probably have a ECPD profile (corporate profile) on your account. You work, or your account holder, works for a company that has a contract with us. They promise to many lines, we give them a discount.
    Are these the requirements to be a VIP Customer?
    04-13-09 04:14 PM
    Yes it is.

04-13-09 04:16 PM
    You will get a letter in the mail.
    I'm supposedly a VIP. One day when I called in to CS to change a texting feature on my plan and when I went into purchase an accessory they did knock off the 25% for accessories but I never received any notification by mail.

My plan is 900 Min plan, BIS, and the 250 text plan for $5.
    04-13-09 07:39 PM
    Do you have a corporate discount?
    04-13-09 07:51 PM
100 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD