Thanks in advance for your help..

I currently have the 8330 and have had it since May of last year. I was on a $39.99 (450 mins plan) + the 44.99 data plan since my BlackBerry is on a BES server + the $10 texting plan. In may I called up VZW CS to find out when my upgrade date would be, and the rep informed that since I was on a plan of $39.99 or higher I would be eligible a few days later when I reached my one year anniversary of buying my curve.

A few weeks later when I was in a store I wanted to make sure that my phone became eligible and asked the store manager to check for me. When he looked at my account he said I was not eligible and would not be until January since I was not a plan of 49.99 or higher, but if he switched me to the bundle plan, I would become eligible at the next billing cycle when the change goes into effect. Although it was a few dollars more a month and to not create an issue with the friendly manager I agreed to let him switch my plan.

Today I called up CS to make sure that I was eligible once my billing cycle changed and he too informed me that I still would not be eligible since I just switched to the new plan. I had him read me all the notes in my account and although vague, the original CS rep did document that she informed me that since I was on a 39.99 plan or higher I would be eligible every year. The rep did not seem to care and said it does not matter. i would need to wait at least three months while on the bundle plan until I become eligible. I am waiting for a call back now from a supervisor and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with such an issue and what their recommendations were?

Since I was clearly told (and it is documented) that I was eligible on a 39.99 plan, should I become eligible for the upgrade?

Thanks!
    06-22-09 03:37 PM
    You were misinformed. You don't qualify. If we do it for you we have to do it for every customer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply...

Do they not have to stand by what they tell me?

Also, why is their difference between being on a bundle and having the services separated for this purposes?
    06-22-09 03:57 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply...

Do they not have to stand by what they tell me?

Also, why is their difference between being on a bundle and having the services separated for this purposes?
    Well, just because a rep remarks something does not mean that the company will honor it. I mean if a rep remarks five free dares that does not mean we'll do it. The rep that told you that would need to have additional training due to this misinformation. Remarks are legal documents I mean depending on your tenure, pmt history, and previous credit history it may be an exception thing we do. However, no rep has an obligation to violate policy due to previous remarks.
    06-22-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD