I have been a member of this board for only a short while. During my time here I have gotten the feeling that people feel VZW is slow to roll out updates, slower than other carriers especially. I have been experiencing this on my Storm, although I only got mine a little after the .148 OTA update. Can someone enlighten me as to why, if it is known, VZW is slow to update? I have seen people say they don't think VZW will release the OS 5.0 update to the Storm. Just wondering why they would be slow at something like this. Thanks!
    08-03-09 04:35 PM
    I have been a member of this board for only a short while. During my time here I have gotten the feeling that people feel VZW is slow to roll out updates, slower than other carriers especially. I have been experiencing this on my Storm, although I only got mine a little after the .148 OTA update. Can someone enlighten me as to why, if it is known, VZW is slow to update? I have seen people say they don't think VZW will release the OS 5.0 update to the Storm. Just wondering why they would be slow at something like this. Thanks!
    Big Red has been known to be very picky when it comes to approving OS builds from RIM. Nobody but VZW testers can say what it is in a build that fails their approval, especially seeing as how many builds were approved by other carriers between .75 to .148.

You dont have to wait for VZW approves a OS build to be "official" .151 was released in Mexico and is by far the best OS RIM has built, and I would highly recommend running that and even throwing Lyricidal's hybrid over that, for an even more awesome experience.
    08-03-09 04:50 PM
    You got it just after .148? Try waiting from .75 - .148 :P.
    08-03-09 07:40 PM
    I have been thinking about doing the .151 we'll see. I don't have any real issues at the moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD