according to the verizonwireless website the test drive program ends on the 15th of Feb. So if I purchase before this date, do I still have 30 days to test drive and return the phone/cancel service without paying for airtime???
    02-07-09 02:17 PM
    Since this is the current offer, One would think you would
    02-07-09 02:22 PM
    Yes, the test drive is still in effect for people that buy a phone before the 15th and wish to switch to another carrier. But if you decide to switch devices after the 15th, I don't think it would apply anymore. I asked this same question to one of the managers at a verizon store since my parents want to switch carriers and they didn't know anything about this change in the test drive. That tells me that we defiantly find out about changes in their policies before the stores even do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 02:55 PM
    Yes, the test drive is still in effect for people that buy a phone before the 15th and wish to switch to another carrier. But if you decide to switch devices after the 15th, I don't think it would apply anymore. I asked this same question to one of the managers at a verizon store since my parents want to switch carriers and they didn't know anything about this change in the test drive. That tells me that we defiantly find out about changes in their policies before the stores even do.

Beleive me we know the policy and what the changes are. The company is not ready to let us talk about it yet. This is all I will say about it at this time.
    02-07-09 03:05 PM
    can any verizon reps confirm the test drive program is all good if you purchase before the 15th
    02-08-09 01:20 PM
    Yes it is. Last day should be the 14th

02-08-09 01:26 PM
    can any verizon reps confirm the test drive program is all good if you purchase before the 15th
    that is correct. the worry free guarantee will still exist, where you would only pay an activation and the portion of the month's bill that you used.

the test drive program really was only designed when ppl activated service with vzw and went to another company. you had to port your number out for there to be no cost to you. it will remain if you cancel within the first 30 days you will not have to pay an early termination fee.
    02-08-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD