So a few days ago I move my phone lines to T-Mobile from VZW. T-Mobile is ok. But looking to maybe go back to VZW. Has anybody done this? What deals did you get from VZW from the winback dept ? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 01:09 AM
    Did this once when the Z10 was just released. Coverage and network speed just don't compare to Verizon, so of course I came back to Verizon. Didn't receive any deal, I came back on my own, managed to keep my unlimited data though. Not sure how good the T-mobile coverage is now, may be better.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    bbdodgersdude likes this.
    06-25-14 05:35 AM
    Will prob be hard to get a deal but its worth a try. Vz win back used to offer more in the old days from what it looks like.
    06-25-14 07:44 PM
    I have t-mo.. drove from Columbus to Akron, Ohio and basically lost service when I left columbus and got regular service back when I got back to columbus. My wife with verizon kept service almost the whole time.

It's crazy how much better VZW is from t-mo.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    peter0328, lift and bbdodgersdude like this.
    07-08-14 02:51 PM
    OP, was Verizon able to give you some kind of deal?

And while I think the ceo of T-Mobile is a dbag, I love what they are doing as a company (wifi calling, unlimited music) but the service outside of major cities is almost nonexistent.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by keegh; 08-30-14 at 11:31 PM.
    07-08-14 11:08 PM
    I priced Verizon here in Houston to see about the Z30, and they didn't have any unlimited plan on offer. The per GB price was so much higher than T-Mo, I just bought the Z30 100-5 model here on the Crackberry marketplace, though I would have loved the Qi wireless charging that you can get with the Verizon model.

T-Mo coverage in Houston is a dream, because we get the fastest upgraded 15x15 data speeds and VoLTE services, soon upgradeable to 20x20. I'm not sure what coverage is like between cities or in the boonies. I'm driving from Houston to Dallas later this month, so I may have more info on coverage later.

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.700+.296/T-Mobile USA
    07-09-14 07:39 AM
    I switched to Verizon to get the Z30. I had a Z10 on AT&T and T-Mobile. With the Z10 I noticed that T-Mobiles coverage was just terrible outside of any city. It was either just edge or nothing at all in many rural areas here in the Northeast. AT&T has much better coverage than I thought. I had no problems with coverage everywhere I went, and even had LTE most of the time. The only reason I went to Verizon over AT&T is that the Verizon Z30 has full LTE coverage and even has the new XLTE coverage now (which the Z30 can take advantage of). The LTE coverage on Verizon seems to be on par with what I saw on AT&T. If only the Z30 had LTE on AT&T I would have stayed on AT&T.
    07-12-14 10:34 AM
    In Wisconsin, AT&T and T-Mobile both stink in rural areas. I currently have both carriers, in the places where I travel, if T-Mobile doesn't have service, neither does AT&T. It seems most of this state is CDMA. I like gsm for phone flexibility. But Verizon has much better coverage, and of course higher prices.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 02:20 PM

And while I think the ceo of T-Mobile is a dbag, I love what they are doing as a company (wifi calling, unlimited music) there service outside of major cities is almost nonexistent.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree !

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 10:26 PM

And while I think the ceo of T-Mobile is a dbag, I love what they are doing as a company (wifi calling, unlimited music) there service outside of major cities is almost nonexistent.

Posted via CB10
    First I am so sorry for the late reply. Vzw said they would give me 100.00 credit for each line. And would remove the ETF per line. They told me I had 30 days to go back for that deal.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:35 PM
    I priced Verizon here in Houston to see about the Z30, and they didn't have any unlimited plan on offer. The per GB price was so much higher than T-Mo, I just bought the Z30 100-5 model here on the Crackberry marketplace, though I would have loved the Qi wireless charging that you can get with the Verizon model.

T-Mo coverage in Houston is a dream, because we get the fastest upgraded 15x15 data speeds and VoLTE services, soon upgradeable to 20x20. I'm not sure what coverage is like between cities or in the boonies. I'm driving from Houston to Dallas later this month, so I may have more info on coverage later.

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.700+.296/T-Mobile USA
    How was the drive?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:37 PM
    I have t-mo.. drove from Columbus to Akron, Ohio and basically lost service when I left columbus and got regular service back when I got back to columbus. My wife with verizon kept service almost the whole time.

It's crazy how much better VZW is from t-mo.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    Exactly my point when people go on about how much better tmo is. If they think that they probably don't go too many places.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 05:56 PM
    Exactly my point when people go on about how much better tmo is. If they think that they probably don't go too many places.

Posted via CB10
    I travel a lot for work, typically throughout rural areas. I have used every major carrier over the last five years and have made this trip from Akron to Columbus a million times. I lose coverage between the two cities every time with T-Mobile. In Ohio, specifically rural areas, Verizon is the best carrier based on coverage and speed, hands down. I refuse to leave T-Mobile though because I go through too much data. It's not even about price, Verizon is more expensive. I'm willing to pay to get the coverage and speed but I could not live without unlimited data. T-Mobile's coverage in rural areas is getting better in Ohio but it is still really frustrating.

On a related note, am I finding another BB user in Akron?
    Last edited by rodney0905; 08-31-14 at 10:48 PM.
    08-31-14 10:31 PM
    I used to have tmo but switched to vzw because of the better coverage. Tmo's roaming and international rates are very appealing as I travel overseas several times a year, but I need coverage here at home too.

Posted using my VZW BlackBerry Z30
    09-03-14 03:57 PM
    I went from VZ > TMO > AT&T > Sprint > VZ.

Here in northern New Jersey Sprint is a complete joke. Data speeds are dialup modem speed on 3G and 4G is nowhere to be found. Sprint's footprint is minuscule. If you stray outside of major towns/cities you get squat. T-Mobile is a little better, but rural coverage is still poor. I haven't used them in many years but I know lots of people with TMO coverage. They all say the same thing - great prices, plentiful data, but a relatively poor network footprint. AT&T is much bigger as far as network footprint, but around here it's just not as fast as it should be. I remember when I had a BlackBerry 9000 on AT&T and the iPhone had just come out. It was an AT&T exclusive and CRUSHED their network. It seems like they still have network issues whenever a hot new phone is launched. 4G drops out a lot and users around here are stuck with 3G during peak hours. It's gotten way better, but users are still seeing fluctuations. Verizon my first time around was long before smartphones were created. As a company, they were pure concentrated evil. Dealing with them was what drove me to T-Mobile in the first place. I don't know if they're any less evil today, or if the other major carriers have caught up with Verizon's "evil quotient", but Verizon's network is without equal here.

If I was grading the carriers:

Verizon: A
    AT&T: B
    T-Mobile: C+
    Sprint: D

These grades are very subjective and based solely on network coverage and data speeds.
    09-06-14 06:56 PM
    If I was grading the carriers:

Verizon: A
    AT&T: B
    T-Mobile: C+
    Sprint: D
    I would grade about the same way here in MA. I have used T-Mobile, AT&T and now I am using Verizon. Have not used Sprint because I have a few friends that used them and were not impressed, so I have not tried them. T-Mobile's network coverage is dismal to say the least outside of any city. AT&T is really good anywhere I have used it but I wanted a Z30 and AT&T does not sell or support it, otherwise I was quite happy with AT&T in general. Now I am on Verizon using a Z30. I love the Z30 so much and Verizon has excellent coverage but I am spending more money than when I was with T-Mobile or AT&T. Maybe you get what you pay for?
    09-13-14 10:40 PM
    Been with tmo for 10 years. Primarily I need coverage in So. Cali, Vermont (they have excellent roaming on at&t), Boston (tmo better reception than at&t on my son's iPhone)... and Europe. And that's where tmo's dirt cheap overseas rates + wifi-calling really shine. Also, nearly every restaurant has wifi these days and have no problem giving customers the password -- so back in business again. On planes using wifi, wifi-calling allows me to text even when in airplane mode. But, that's me.
    10-04-14 12:22 PM