Since I do not much venture much outside of this forum and the 8330 forum, I am posting this here.

As a tech rep for VZW and I hope the other reps would agree, that posting you feedback both positive and negative about the update would be most appreciated. I am sure the calls will flowing in with potential issues, but this can give us a heads up on what to expect.

Your time is appreciated.
    06-03-09 08:15 AM
    Overall the phone seems to operate much better. I even have noticed an enhancement to the camera operation. My phone still doesn't seem to be fast when turning in to portrait mode, but it doesn't bother me.
    06-03-09 08:55 AM
    I will only mention this once. If it turns into a rant it will be moved to the proper section.

Keep responses on point and respectful. Pretty much like the - Findings and fixes threads we have had in the Storm OS section.

@ Lastraid, I appreciate the thread and hopefully this will help your CS reps in the centers. Maybe add what type of format response you would like, ex positives/Negatives, Bugs, good things with upgrade, etc. Just suggestions

But I just wanted to make sure all future posters(9530) and yourself are clear on the possible outcome ahead of time. We hate to remove posts and clean things up because rules are not followed or things float off topic.

That is all for now...
    06-03-09 09:00 AM
    This is my first post
    Have been a long time reader of this forum
    As for the update I could not get it to upgrade over the air?
    Everything went well through BB manager though
    My upgrades have been 76 to 113 to 148
    148 seems stable, smother & faster overall operation, better notifications, typing has improved, camera is faster, signal still bounces around alot when moving & stationary, accelerometer function is ALOT less frustrating, battery drain on calls and net with less than 3 bars is still high, changes between 1x & 1xev alot now.
    There have been so many incrimental changes and with no bench marks it's hard to judge if things are the way they should be or not.
    From 75 to now is quite a change for the better but further functional improvement from this device wouldn't suprise me.
    Thats my 2 1\2 cents
    06-03-09 10:24 AM
    I updated my OS when it was first leaked. I havent had any problems of any kind whatsoever, except to say that the radio in the device is subpar IMO, but im not sure if its a hardware or software issue. Everyone complains about not being able to hear me so I have to use a bluetooth headset everytime I want to make a call, which isnt that often because I hate talking on my phone, I usually text instead.

.148 has been a really nice overall, my Storm is finally the device it should have been on launch day.

Hope that helps.
    06-03-09 10:40 AM
    I upgraded OTA. It took a long time, but I cooked dinner, did the dishes, and kept busy and the upgrade did its thing without any babysitting on my part. I think it went very well and I was pleasantly surprised at how it patched without messing up my settings. I had to redo my third party apps, but that was expected.

1.The camera is night and day improvement...I can actually take a picture of a moving object without the object (usually a grandchild) being long gone by the time the picture actually took.

2. Accelerometer performance still a bit disappointing, but not a deal-breaker.

3. The browser seems to be snappier and the "go" button is cute.

4. I live in a spotty service area for VZW, so not much difference in signal strength, but I wouldn't have expected any.

5. The little box for editing is great...big improvement in usability.

6. Now the weird stuff: battery dies pretty quickly compared to my .75. I will press an icon and a complete other application will open up on occasion. I still lose 5 MB of memory right after I QuickPull with just the stock theme and nothing running, and by the end of the day, I've leaked 2/3 of my app memory. I did have a hope that the OS would be able to reclaim memory a little better, but again, not a deal-breaker.

.75 running on my original phone didn't ever give me the problems I heard so much about on here, but I was a smartphone newbie so perhaps my expectations weren't as high. I was easy to please after coming off my old "dumbphone." I think my Storm is a good phone, and while not perfect, what is? If it weren't for the support I've received here, and my Storm-loving CS rep at VZW, my experience may have been more negative.
    06-03-09 10:46 AM
    I also forgot to mention I see a great increase in battery life, although mine wasn't bad to begin with.
    06-03-09 11:25 AM
    like the improvements to response for opening/closing apps, camera, accelerometer...the change log pretty much sums up all the improvements

now...
    people have complained about the "call log" button, i could care less, but i'll be an advocate for the masses, i see no reason to change this feature/funciton. why not have both? we have a "message" icon and a "compose" icon...

mute button function is nice, miss it, want it back ASAP...

getting boring not having to scramble to cut/paste to get stuff fixed lol
    06-03-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD