04-10-09 02:18 PM
44 12
tools
    Well, as the title says, I heard from a Verizon sales rep. today that the next firmware update is coming April 15, 2009 - I forgot to ask what the "number" of it is (i.e. .113, .114, .120...etc.).

Anyone else hear something similar?
    04-08-09 11:33 AM
    GET THE FLAME THROWER> VERIZON KNOWS NOTHING> I am new on here but i was told March 17th there would be an update. THen i asked when that passed they told me March 23rd. Verizon knows nothing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 11:34 AM
    I am new on here but i was told March 17th there would be an update. THen i asked when that passed they told me March 23rd. Verizon knows nothing.
    Oh, wonderful. Well, the guy sounded like he knew what he was talking about. He even said that if I came in the store on the 15th he'd take care of the update for me.
    04-08-09 11:39 AM
    MotherFu**er stop all the rumors, it will come out when it comes out, vzw reps know nothing, end of story!
    04-08-09 12:19 PM
    Ok - so let's fan the flames. My boss (who also has a storm) just got back from one of the local stores and the rep that helped him out claimed to have the next release running on his storm. I asked if he got the version number and he said no. The rep didn't offer any release date other than sooner rather than later.

I remember seeing a post that plainly said that if someone claims a specific date, you pretty much bet they are full of it. In not offering a release date, the rep continued the story of what I think is the truth - nobody really knows until it happens!
    04-08-09 04:02 PM
    Ok - so let's fan the flames. My boss (who also has a storm) just got back from one of the local stores and the rep that helped him out claimed to have the next release running on his storm. I asked if he got the version number and he said no. The rep didn't offer any release date other than sooner rather than later.

I remember seeing a post that plainly said that if someone claims a specific date, you pretty much bet they are full of it. In not offering a release date, the rep continued the story of what I think is the truth - nobody really knows until it happens!
    He might have a pre-release version that made it out into the wild, but not the actual next release.

You are correct about it happening when it happens. This stuff is kept pretty quiet by RIM and the affected carriers. From what I've heard, reps are told about the new release, often when they come in for their shift and not before. By this time, the new version has already been available between several hours & several days.

When .77 came out for the 8330, I had it on my phones before I got the announcement, since I connect/update nearly every night.

Last time I stopped into a store, a rep asked me if I was running the "new" .131 release. When I told him that was a Sprint release, he acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. He got it from another VZW employee & assumed it was a VZW release.

The only definites that will be happening on April 15th is taxes & tea parties.

When it gets here, it gets here. Anyone who tells you otherwise is probably lying. Don't get your hopes up.

04-08-09 04:46 PM
    04-08-09 05:37 PM
    version .999 is coming!
    04-08-09 05:43 PM
    Ok, I'm basically telling myself to prepare for it not to happen.

It would be nice though....we'll all just wait and see.
    04-08-09 06:33 PM
    I am so new here that my heart actually starting beating faster. Then I realized what was happening. I have got to remember that
    most of this crap is BS and stop thinking that someone really has the right answer.
    04-08-09 06:38 PM
    Ok, I'm basically telling myself to prepare for it not to happen.

It would be nice though....we'll all just wait and see.
    Definitely. It could be April 14th for all we know.
    I am so new here that my heart actually starting beating faster. Then I realized what was happening. I have got to remember that
    most of this crap is BS and stop thinking that someone really has the right answer.
    Exactly - and what I said in response to gafly is also BS - unless it happens. Then you can all send me money in gratitude for predicting it accurately.

04-08-09 07:02 PM
    I heard it's going to be version 4.9.99999 and add wifi, bluetooth 3.0 and a ruby laser to cut iPhones in half.
    04-08-09 11:16 PM
    MotherFu**er stop all the rumors, it will come out
    \when it comes out, vzw reps know nothing, end of story!
    Someone needs a nap, or just chill out...you can't control others.
    04-08-09 11:26 PM
    I heard it's going to be version 4.9.99999 and add wifi, bluetooth 3.0 and a ruby laser to cut iPhones in half.
    So down for a ruby laser... Shotgun just doesnt cut it anymore...
    04-08-09 11:38 PM
    Well, as the title says, I heard from a Verizon sales rep. today that the next firmware update is coming April 15, 2009 - I forgot to ask what the "number" of it is (i.e. .113, .114, .120...etc.).

Anyone else hear something similar?
    Better dawn your asbestos suit, you're about to be flamed . . . . never EVER post something here thaa VZW rep has told you is coming. They don't know any more than we do (generally less) about what is coming, and those that tell you otherwise are lying. Do a search and you will see, this stuff only leads to flames.
    04-09-09 12:26 AM
    Someone needs a nap, or just chill out...you can't control others.
    Or maybe a good spanking?

Enough of those & he might decide being unemployed, sitting in his underwear in mom & dad's basement isn't the best thing for someone his age.

How do I know he's old enough to be employed? Because he uses those big boy words!

04-09-09 12:29 AM
    I bought 2 Storms this past weekend, and I've had atleast 3 Reps tell me there is a update coming sometime next week, the week of the 13th of April that is. From what I understand they are going to be releasing OS version .113 or .114. The guy I go through at my local store is credible, has never let me down, the only way this wouldn't happen is if Verizon found a flaw and pulled it at the last second. I for one think it will happen next week as planned...Stay tuned!!!!
    Last edited by ChrisH09; 04-09-09 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Grammer mistakes
    04-09-09 12:31 AM
    this ish is pointless, stop posting this stuff, even if the OP really did hear that, the rep doesn't know squat
    04-09-09 12:47 AM
    MotherFu**er stop all the rumors, it will come out when it comes out, vzw reps know nothing, end of story!
    RELAX bro. These forums are for fun. Dont be so upset.
    04-09-09 12:54 AM
    I bought 2 Storms this past weekend, and I've had atleast 3 Reps tell me there is a update coming sometime next week, the week of the 13th of April that is. From what I understand they are going to be releasing OS version .113 or .114. The guy I go through at my local store is credible, has never let me down, the only way this wouldn't happen is if Verizon found a flaw and pulled it at the last second. I for one think it will happen next week as planned...Stay tuned!!!!
    .113 was SUPPOSED to be the next release but failed. This is a fact your rep almost certainly got from this site, Berry Review, Blackberry News or one of a dozen other blogs. Verizon does not tell their reps anything until it is already available or will be released the next day. It WILL NOT be since, as has been posted by at least one insider FAILED largely due to the MMS bug. They are back to square one now and will be at least two more weeks of testing, assuming RIM has sent them the next likely candidate.
    04-09-09 12:55 AM
    Better dawn your asbestos suit, you're about to be flamed . . . . never EVER post something here thaa VZW rep has told you is coming. They don't know any more than we do (generally less) about what is coming, and those that tell you otherwise are lying. Do a search and you will see, this stuff only leads to flames.
    I am now fully aware of that. Thanks for the heads up...

.113 was SUPPOSED to be the next release but failed. This is a fact your rep almost certainly got from this site, Berry Review, Blackberry News or one of a dozen other blogs. Verizon does not tell their reps anything until it is already available or will be released the next day. It WILL NOT be since, as has been posted by at least one insider FAILED largely due to the MMS bug. They are back to square one now and will be at least two more weeks of testing, assuming RIM has sent them the next likely candidate.
    When exactly did the "2 more weeks..." start? Back in March or more recently?
    04-09-09 09:53 AM
    i told to a vzw tech yesterday and was told there is a new os and it would be higher than 122 they tested 122 about 3 weeks ago and turned it down. they are also in the final stages and he thinks about end of april or the mid may before it possibly gets released . but he said dont get your hopes up because at vzw they are more thorough than the other companies that has already released theirs.
    04-09-09 10:05 AM
    .113 is no longer the release. After a certain meeting I attended we found this out today. Still working on another one. Frustrating for the storm owners Im sure.
    04-09-09 02:07 PM
    At least it’s becoming common knowledge that it won't be .113 now...lmfao! I’ve been saying so for almost a whole month now! Btw, it suxxorz that my friend might not be my credible source anymore...gonna have to get one of my other friends promoted into "the know" at VZW...or I’ll become one of you regular schlubs who speculates and takes the store rep's opinion as knowledgeable *gasp*
    04-09-09 09:56 PM
    A little birdy told me (a tester for the new release) that some serious issues were found with it. This would mean a delay of the release.
    04-09-09 10:04 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD