01-05-10 09:52 PM
50 12
tools
    A friend of mine is convinced that their BIS acct was accessed by a rep with out their permission. Someone informed my friend that they knew this happened but didn't know exactly who did it. If said rep gets caught, would they be fired? Could my friend peruse criminal charges? My friend is in the process of finding out who it was.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 08:59 PM
    What would they have accessed? All employees can really do is reset a password.....

01-04-10 09:02 PM
    Im will answer that if proven a rep accessed an account without proper auth, yes they are subject to be terminated.

As for this situation, I would touch it with a 10ft pole. Best left to an internal investigation, not to be invesgated or judgement made on CB. Your friend, if they work for the carrier, is subject to the same rules.

EDIT: the person that feels violated, should file a complaint with the carrier and let the chips fall where they may.
    Last edited by lastraid; 01-04-10 at 09:13 PM.
    01-04-10 09:04 PM
    What would they have accessed? All employees can really do is reset a password.....

Unless it was accessed though a toll that some reps may have and then there are few more things that can be done, none of which can damage the account owner.
    01-04-10 09:06 PM
    Criminal charges? What was done that was criminal? Just curious.

01-04-10 09:06 PM
    My friend doesn't work for VZW. Someone unintentionally told my friend that this happened. The rep apparently changed my friends entire BIS acct including the password and the emails associated with it. Also, when accessing a BIS acct there is personal info associated with it, name acct number, phone number, ect.. Could be considered identity theft.

01-04-10 09:31 PM
    My friend doesn't work for VZW. Someone unintentionally told my friend that this happened. The rep apparently changed my friends entire BIS acct including the password and the emails associated with it. Also, when accessing a BIS acct there is personal info associated with it, name acct number, phone number, ect.. Could be considered identity theft.

Sounds like a bunch of hear say at this point. Again have the account owner call the carrier and file a compliant. An internal investiation will reveal a lot more than he said she said. Hope it all works out.

Also I am sure that if this person did it, then they would also have access to the billing account, lots more dangerous info there than in a BIS account.
    01-04-10 09:36 PM
    A friend of mine is convinced that their BIS acct was accessed by a rep with out their permission. Someone informed my friend that they knew this happened but didn't know exactly who did it. If said rep gets caught, would they be fired? Could my friend peruse criminal charges? My friend is in the process of finding out who it was.

The typical store/customer service rep doesn't have access to the customers BIS.

Employees don't need to have the customers permission to access an account. However, if an employee is caught accessing accounts for any reason other than legitimate business purposes they are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
    01-04-10 09:41 PM

What? Have you ever seen the Admin or even the End User BIS website accounts? None of which have personal information in cluding and up to: Home address, Phone Numbers.

The only information it has is .. their email addresses. It's not ID theft at all, unless they went INTO THEIR account as in, their VZW ACCT# through the (store reps program) or (CCR/Tech supports) program.

Either way, she'll lose in court for ID Theft, as none of that took place, unless it wasnt associated with the BIS website and it was on their personal account.

Unless of course you're referring to verizonwireless.com/ & myvzw website... now that has more information than the BIS website.....

Plus, as far as I know, store reps can't log in to the BIS Admin site anymore, and have to call Tech Support for BIS help... unless he logged in the End User side...
    01-04-10 09:43 PM
    Yeah but accessing BIS you can reset the email signature, etc.
    I dunno. If your friend is concerned call CS and have them put a password on the account.
    01-04-10 09:47 PM
    I just spoke with my friend and VZW called her today and they found out who it was. The rep accessed it for non business reasons and the state my friend is in has very strict identity theft laws. She will be pursing criminal charges.

01-04-10 10:03 PM
    I just spoke with my friend and VZW called her today and they found out who it was. The rep accessed it for non business reasons and the state my friend is in has very strict identity theft laws. She will be pursing criminal charges.

I doubt that they would tell her that, this story is full of holes.

01-04-10 11:02 PM
    I doubt that they would tell her that, this story is full of holes.

They didn't tell her who it was, they told her they know who it was. Apparently she has been working with some internal investigator since Oct.

01-04-10 11:25 PM

Is that really identity theft? I mean, what did the person really steal? You said they changed her email addresses on the account, so they didn't steal those. They didn't assign the account to a new phone either. So they changed a password and setup a new email acct or two on her phone..? What would be the point of that??
    Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; 01-04-10 at 11:36 PM.
    01-04-10 11:33 PM
    So is OldChristine the alena girl who got banned for bringing up this same story..
    01-04-10 11:36 PM
    And the plot thickens..... mwahahaha
    01-04-10 11:39 PM
    It would make sense, she joined in Dec 2009, shortly after she was banned.
    01-04-10 11:47 PM
    I made that prediction since the begining, but who knows. Was this other user equally in love with the MultiFru?
    Last edited by supermario28; 01-05-10 at 12:05 AM.
    01-04-10 11:55 PM
    And coincidentally done nothing but start fights and argue ever since... hmm.
    01-04-10 11:56 PM
    Fighting and arguing with whom?
    01-05-10 12:07 AM
    Fighting and arguing with whom?
    You, me, any one that doesn't make love to the MultiFru policy.
    01-05-10 12:11 AM
    You, me, any one that doesn't make love to the MultiFru policy.
    I don't remember arguing with anyone...
    01-05-10 12:14 AM
    heh, then you didn't read her posts.
    01-05-10 12:14 AM
    What? Have you ever seen the Admin or even the End User BIS website accounts? None of which have personal information in cluding and up to: Home address, Phone Numbers.

The only information it has is .. their email addresses. It's not ID theft at all, unless they went INTO THEIR account as in, their VZW ACCT# through the (store reps program) or (CCR/Tech supports) program.

Either way, she'll lose in court for ID Theft, as none of that took place, unless it wasnt associated with the BIS website and it was on their personal account.

Unless of course you're referring to verizonwireless.com/ & myvzw website... now that has more information than the BIS website.....

Plus, as far as I know, store reps can't log in to the BIS Admin site anymore, and have to call Tech Support for BIS help... unless he logged in the End User side...
    If you do call TS though, hopefully you don't get tossed into the Boise queue... Those guys are clueless... haha...
    01-05-10 12:23 AM
    I don't remember arguing with anyone...
    ok not arguing......disagreements.....is that better?
    01-05-10 12:24 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD