Went to the store to get something fixed, left empty handed.

But well, the guy on the phone told the Tech support guy( ) that you could block numbers for Free online at Spam Control site

This is different from the paid service and it lets you block numbers, messages and websites, and other stuff I believe.

I searched for it and couldn't find a thread on the topic, so I'm just trying to help out.

It was funny the reps at the store when they found out about it. I was surprised too as I have asked before about it and told that the only way to do it online was paying!
    06-20-09 06:50 PM

But well, the guy on the phone told the Tech support guy( ) that you could block numbers for Free online at Spam Control site

This is different from the paid service and it lets you block numbers, messages and websites, and other stuff I believe.

I searched for it and couldn't find a thread on the topic, so I'm just trying to help out.

It was funny the reps at the store when they found out about it. I was surprised too as I have asked before about it and told that the only way to do it online was paying!
    Way to go, Verizon! This is fantastic - thank you for sharing!!

Many years ago, had a couple of crazy exes calling me or texting me all the time - this really would've come in handy - LOL!
    06-20-09 07:11 PM
    hey this is awesome I have always wanted the ability to do this..

greatly appreciate you posting this here..

in my standard account I can block 5 numbers for what looks like free but this is better!

THanks thanks thanks!
    06-20-09 07:36 PM

I mentioned about this feature in another thread back on the 13th of April and nobody believed that it was possible (including vzw employees in the store) without paying. I've been using it since the beginning of april to block two numbers that use to constantly dial my number by "accident" and wouldn't stop. The only disadvantage is that it is limited to up to 5 numbers and 15 addresses. But thanks anyways for posting this for others that may not know about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 06-20-09 at 07:43 PM.
    06-20-09 07:40 PM
    If you need more than 5 you can subscribe to usage controls and get up to 20 for $4.99/month.
    06-20-09 08:36 PM
    Great find. I can tell you I have had numbers on this list for awhile and it works well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 04:38 PM
    Thanks for the link!

+1 to the OP and VZW.
    06-30-09 08:45 AM
    Nice find J!
    06-30-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD