Ok , I went to the VZW site today and saw they have the Blackberry OS 4.5.0.138(since 8/11/09) offically released.Also I guess before I do this I should upgrade my DM by removing the old version then installing the new DM 5.0.I still have 4.5.0.77 currently on my phone (won't do this till tonight ,at soonest)

But is it any better then what I got ? I don't wana get one thats not offered by my carrier yet but want it to be using the best OS that my carrier has released .Thanks for info/opinions on this.
    08-17-09 08:03 AM
    I haven't heard anyone who did the upgrade complain anymore

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 08:07 AM
    Some people have claimed of lagginess with the new update.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/cur...pdates-294440/

I can't vouch for their results as I've not upgraded yet & my IT guys haven't upgraded any through the BES either.

What I find interesting is the relative lack of chatter on the update.

08-17-09 09:41 AM
    Ok , I went to the VZW site today and saw they have the Blackberry OS 4.5.0.138(since 8/11/09) offically released.Also I guess before I do this I should upgrade my DM by removing the old version then installing the new DM 5.0.I still have 4.5.0.77 currently on my phone (won't do this till tonight ,at soonest)

But is it any better then what I got ? I don't wana get one thats not offered by my carrier yet but want it to be using the best OS that my carrier has released .Thanks for info/opinions on this.
    I felt that it improved a couple things, but I didnt see a HUGE differance. I installed this software in april though. I just installed .160 last night.
    Heres your biggest advantage to .138... you can install BBM5.0 without issue. I did it last night after my upgrade on the OS everything seems to be running good at this time.
    I'll take a look at the release notes and see what the advantages are supposed to be. I've looked before and its only supposed to fix a couple things.
    08-17-09 11:12 AM
    Thanks for the info and link also , I am not in a hurry to as everything is working fine as it is and since no major changes in that update and I dont wana jump to the .160 version , yet ,but just saw that they had changed it ha
    08-19-09 07:36 AM
    What are the changes on bbm?

08-19-09 11:55 AM
    what blackberries is this an update for? All of them???
    08-19-09 02:29 PM
    Curve and Pearl I believe. Not sure if that means Pearl flip as well or not.
    08-19-09 02:46 PM
    From the customers phones I have had the opportunity to see it on it seems to be a huge improvement as far as visual appeal. Other than that I haven't found anything specifically that it does better than the old OS.
    08-19-09 03:59 PM
    I downloaded the new update for the Curve 8330. Now my calender doesnt show up on my Today Home screen. When I got the calender all my dates and appt are there. Why dont they show up on the today screen. HELP !!!!!!!!!
    08-19-09 08:05 PM
    Verizon needs to get on the ball with the pearl flip OS updates, we're already 2 revisions behind.
    08-21-09 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD