For anyone using he VZW SMTP server to send out going email while either tethered or using a VZW modem, this is for you.

Effective 7/1/2009, VZW is discontinuing this server. Why this is I do not know, but you will need to contact your ISP or email, provider for options. I will keep checking to see if other options will be available from internal documentation as the time draws near and additional info becomes available.

Of course one option is to use webased email, if your ISP/email provider has this option.
    06-12-09 02:17 PM
    I use verizon. net on my BB and my office e-mail. What problems is this going to cause? Thanks.
    06-14-09 04:38 PM
    This is not Verizon Communications. It is Verizon Wireless. There should be no affect to your BB or office email.
    06-14-09 05:55 PM
    so this is for the verizon wireless assigned email for the modem users, right? similar to how ISPs provide an email with their domain.

what are they suggesting to do for people who are "married" to the address? will they offer some sort of redirector? or should users start ramping up efforts to switch over and inform everyone on their own?
    06-14-09 07:55 PM
    so this is for the verizon wireless assigned email for the modem users, right? similar to how ISPs provide an email with their domain.

what are they suggesting to do for people who are "married" to the address? will they offer some sort of redirector? or should users start ramping up efforts to switch over and inform everyone on their own?
    No, this can be for modems or WINMO or Palm customers that use outlook, pocket outlook, or versamail. This will also affect BB users that tether to laptops as well , for sending email. Will not affect BIS or BES users at all.

VZW does not have email accounts. This will only affect users that email clients configured to send email with the VZW SMTP server. If you current send email and have the clients noted above or any other one, and you use your email proviserd SMTP, then there is no problem
    06-14-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD