08-12-09 10:17 PM
42 12
tools
    Good call then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 05:48 PM
    CAN YOU SAY MORALS !
    08-11-09 05:55 PM
    Here goes this ***** with his contradicting posts again... .
    I noticed that too. I wonder what it is like to change ones story each time they pass gas.

i have decided to just return the phone. I have concluded that it not worth the time & money just in case things go wrong.

Thanks crackberry members, you are the best!

Verizon should give you honorary VIP status.

08-11-09 06:11 PM
    Please remember that in many states keeping the phone coud be classified as committing larceny by false pretense, a felony. Unless you have it in writing that you can keep the second phone you may be guilty of a felony in doing so
    Sorry Matt, but that is completely false.

All 50 states cover this & they all hold to the FTC's words - look at the site for whatever state's Attorney General & you will see they each have an adaptation of the following.

Unordered Merchandise

...You respond to an advertisement offering a free "trial" pair of pantyhose. To your surprise, you receive four pair with a bill

....You receive a pocket knife that you never ordered. Despite your objections, the company continues to send you notices demanding payment and threatening your credit rating.

What do you do when you receive merchandise that you didnt order? According to the Federal Trade Commission, you dont have to pay for it.

Federal laws prohibit mailing unordered merchandise to consumers and then demanding payment.

Here are some questions and answers about dealing with unordered merchandise.

Q. Am I obligated to return or pay for merchandise I never ordered?

A. No. If you receive merchandise that you didnt order, you have a legal right to keep it as a free gift.

Q. Must I notify the seller if I keep unordered merchandise without paying for it?

A. You have no legal obligation to notify the seller. However, it is a good idea to write a letter to the company stating that you didnt order the item and, therefore, you have a legal right to keep it for free. This may discourage the seller from sending you bills or dunning notices, or it may help clear up an honest error. Send your letter by certified mail. Keep the return receipt and a copy of the letter for your records. You may need it later.

Q. What should I do if the unordered merchandise I received was the result of an honest shipping error?

A. Write the seller and offer to return the merchandise, provided the seller pays for postage and handling. Give the seller a specific and reasonable amount of time (say 30 days) to pick up the merchandise or arrange to have it returned at no expense to you. Tell the seller that you reserve the right to keep the merchandise or dispose of it after the specified time has passed.

Q. Is there any merchandise that may be sent legally without my consent?

A. Yes. You may receive samples that are clearly marked free, and merchandise from charitable organizations asking for contributions. You may keep such shipments as free gifts.

Q. Is there any way to protect myself from shippers of unordered merchandise?

A. When you participate in sweepstakes or order goods advertised as "free," "trial," or "unusually low priced," be cautious. Read all the fine print to determine if you are joining a "club," with regular purchasing or notification obligations.Keep a copy of the advertisement or catalog that led you to place the order, too. This may make it easier to contact the company if a problem arises.

Q. Where can I go for help in dealing with unordered merchandise problems?

A. Always start by trying to resolve your dispute with the company. If this doesnt work, contact your state or local consumer protection office, local U.S. Postal Inspector, or the Better Business Bureau in your area for help. The Direct Marketing Association, 6 East 43rd Street, New York, New York 10017, also may be able to help you.

The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. The FTC enters consumer complaints into the Consumer Sentinel Network, a secure online database and investigative tool used by hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.*

08-11-09 08:32 PM
    good job on the return.
    08-11-09 08:38 PM
    I wonder what Verizon would say if you called them to tell them you were keeping it for free, or wrote them a letter as described in the explanation of that law. Would make for an interesting phone conversation at least. I still say the OP is doing the right thing returning but I would call them and ask them to pay for shipping at least.
    08-11-09 08:45 PM
    I wonder what Verizon would say if you called them to tell them you were keeping it for free, or wrote them a letter as described in the explanation of that law. Would make for an interesting phone conversation at least. I still say the OP is doing the right thing returning but I would call them and ask them to pay for shipping at least.
    I think Verizon stills sends return shipping labels with the phones they ship. Got my Storm in a store so can't say for certain though
    08-11-09 08:47 PM
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that. They did send one with the last phone I ordered. Its been a few months so I did not remember but now that you mentioned it I do recall it having one.
    08-11-09 08:59 PM
    You made the right decision. Call verizon and they will send you postage paid return kit if necessary.

08-11-09 09:00 PM
    Keep it, We pay enough money for more stuff then we need. Also if they try to charge you for the phone ask them to show you a signed delivery form,,,The driver just left it,they didn't want to bring back some small box the next day.

You made out.. I need a new phone would you to sell it? If not do like I said have them prove they left..
    Integrity...integrity...integrity!
    08-12-09 05:46 AM
    Did you at least pick out the better of the two?
    08-12-09 06:42 AM
    Both looked identical, the box came with a prepaid return label.

08-12-09 08:35 AM
    I am still waiting to see proof showing you would have been felonious.

08-12-09 04:15 PM
    OK.. I looked into this today with a few people. But to start you are crazy all of you 'me to I have issue' My very good friend is a DA and he said YOU got to be kiddding right.We don't have enough money to take people to trial for major crimes..He said he would never do anything with this if he had it as a case....Laugh

He then brought a very good point to me, regarding a large portion of CB members... " UNLOCKED PHONES' If you have one of these phone but you are saying to this guy that keeping it is wrong'MORELS' who are you guys..I think you should call you carrier's and let them know all about how your not OVER SEAS or in the PEACE CORE' and that you really don't need the CODE that you are really hoping they give to you over the phone..

Talked to a UPS friend he said that if the package was to have a signture then most likey the driver would have gotten one, If the driver looked at the box he would have seen where it was from.He did say for 100 percent that if the driver got a sigunture then he would have left the package with that person'reason they sign' then he would have put a note on the door. He said if the driver made a mistake no big deal that why people buy insurance just for reason's like this one..

Talk to a REP from a different Provider she was laughing saying who caress? They have no idea what is going on at all

So my friend the bottom line is keep the phone..No man at some desk is hunting this thing down,the DA would never take this case, The driver will have a job tomorrow...

ONE FINAL NOTE..One of the people I mentioned above said you should call and try to return it' Bigger headache' I am sure you will get a rep that says I will have someone call you back. After that never happens wait a day or two and try again, 'same thing I am sure will happen' After that you are good to go..You did wht you could and there should be proof that you called for just that reason...If they dont have the proof you do with your phone bill..

The same person said if this person really loves this phone and is willing if need be to pay for the extra one if asked weeks month, wht ever down the road and he has no problem then enjoy it..'I say go with that is you can affored it' this way your covered on both ends...

Or just keep it....

Question.....All of the members that told he to return it how many of you guys have un loceked phone?

* I never judge really I am Irish and I do like to stir things up sometimes.*
    08-12-09 05:18 PM
    OK.. I looked into this today with a few people. But to start you are crazy all of you 'me to I have issue' My very good friend is a DA and he said YOU got to be kiddding right.We don't have enough money to take people to trial for major crimes..He said he would never do anything with this if he had it as a case....Laugh

He then brought a very good point to me, regarding a large portion of CB members... " UNLOCKED PHONES' If you have one of these phone but you are saying to this guy that keeping it is wrong'MORELS' who are you guys..I think you should call you carrier's and let them know all about how your not OVER SEAS or in the PEACE CORE' and that you really don't need the CODE that you are really hoping they give to you over the phone..

Talked to a UPS friend he said that if the package was to have a signture then most likey the driver would have gotten one, If the driver looked at the box he would have seen where it was from.He did say for 100 percent that if the driver got a sigunture then he would have left the package with that person'reason they sign' then he would have put a note on the door. He said if the driver made a mistake no big deal that why people buy insurance just for reason's like this one..

Talk to a REP from a different Provider she was laughing saying who caress? They have no idea what is going on at all

So my friend the bottom line is keep the phone..No man at some desk is hunting this thing down,the DA would never take this case, The driver will have a job tomorrow...

ONE FINAL NOTE..One of the people I mentioned above said you should call and try to return it' Bigger headache' I am sure you will get a rep that says I will have someone call you back. After that never happens wait a day or two and try again, 'same thing I am sure will happen' After that you are good to go..You did wht you could and there should be proof that you called for just that reason...If they dont have the proof you do with your phone bill..

The same person said if this person really loves this phone and is willing if need be to pay for the extra one if asked weeks month, wht ever down the road and he has no problem then enjoy it..'I say go with that is you can affored it' this way your covered on both ends...

Or just keep it....

Question.....All of the members that told he to return it how many of you guys have un loceked phone?

* I never judge really I am Irish and I do like to stir things up sometimes.*

I dont have an unlocked phohne, and I dont see what that has to do with the discussion.

If someone stole your car, and left it at my house, with the keys still in it, should I drive it?

You can always get a new car.

I may think you have the money to by another one, and honestly, its not my fault you got your car stolen, you should have been watching it all the time.

I think your tune will change when you think of it in that light.
    08-12-09 07:31 PM
    I respect Verizon way to much to keep a phone like that. They've always done right by me and always treat me with respect and fix my issues. I remember when I was having issues a nice rep put me on his calendar and would call me to make sure everything was still good.

That's service. Now if it was AT&T or Sprint? I'd say keep it :P
    08-12-09 07:56 PM
    things getting out of proportion here...phones is returned, if this was a GSM phone i would of kept it turned it around for cash or something...otherwise not worth my time and money in case VZW decides to just throw everything at me.

/thread
    08-12-09 10:17 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD