08-12-09 11:17 PM
42 12
tools
    I recently called CS to do an warranty exchange on my device. Since no one would be home, I had asked them to send it to my office. Which i did 2 days later.

The same day I received my phone at work, I go home and there was another box in front of my house!

Obviously its a mistake....

I've sent back my original phone and now have an extra device...

Do i return or keep?
    08-11-09 03:58 PM
    You can keep it, no problem.

Just don't be upset when you get charged full price for it.
    08-11-09 04:00 PM
    Can i deny the fact that i never got the 2nd phone? I technically didnt sign for it...
    08-11-09 04:01 PM
    Aside from the obvious integrity question being charged retail for the handset isn't a pleasant thought either.
    08-11-09 04:01 PM
    Keep it, We pay enough money for more stuff then we need. Also if they try to charge you for the phone ask them to show you a signed delivery form,,,The driver just left it,they didn't want to bring back some small box the next day.

You made out.. I need a new phone would you to sell it? If not do like I said have them prove they left..
    08-11-09 04:03 PM
    Seems like quite the conundrum. To return the phone or to not. If you tried to activate it at a later date they may have the info on the phone but then again, they may not check and just activate it for you as it would show that it was delivered to you in the first place. Maybe sit on it for a bit and see what happens.
    08-11-09 04:06 PM
    And then I am sure the esn will make its way to the lost/stolen list

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 04:07 PM
    You can keep it, no problem.

Just don't be upset when you get charged full price for it.
    +1 But enjoy it
    08-11-09 04:09 PM
    If you even need to ask what to do then obviously nothing anyone here tells you to do is really going to make a difference. If it were me I would send it back right away. But that is me. I doubt keeping it would do much anyway because I am sure they have the ESN of the other shipped phone and if it can't be located they will make sure it can't be activated. Might make a good paper weight though.
    08-11-09 04:09 PM
    that's gunna be a cool $500 paperweight...
    08-11-09 04:11 PM
    Can i deny the fact that i never got the 2nd phone? I technically didnt sign for it...
    How did you technically not sign for it?
    08-11-09 04:11 PM
    How did you technically not sign for it?
    He's saying it showed up at his door and he didn't sign for it... But fedex wouldn't do that so someone must have signed for it???
    08-11-09 04:18 PM
    He's saying it showed up at his door and he didn't sign for it... But fedex wouldn't do that so someone must have signed for it???
    Yea i dunno who! Most likely my neighbor
    08-11-09 04:21 PM
    The ethical thing to do is return it.
    Obviously you know this already, or you wouldn't even have questioned it.
    You need to ask yourself if a free phone, which you had no previous use or need to have, is worth the cost to your conscience or loss of integrity.
    Personally, I value my integrity more than my phone.
    08-11-09 04:21 PM
    Return it.
    10 Char
    08-11-09 04:23 PM
    Keep it, We pay enough money for more stuff then we need. Also if they try to charge you for the phone ask them to show you a signed delivery form,,,The driver just left it,they didn't want to bring back some small box the next day.

You made out.. I need a new phone would you to sell it? If not do like I said have them prove they left..
    People wonder why their service is so expensive. Every time someone commits fraud be it insurance or simple theft it costs every other consumer more money. I'm not saying people that steal are ****** bags I'm just saying.......
    08-11-09 04:24 PM
    Tough call. Hold it for a few weeks and call in to see if they have recieved your return. They should have by then, so if they want it back you will have to send it back or be charged full retail.
    08-11-09 04:28 PM
    I get stuff delivered all the time.If fedex had them sign for it they would have asked the person to keep the package and leave you a slip on your door to say where to find it..

The driver just thought it would be fine..Or vzw rep didn't ask for a signature on delivery.

OK here what you do wait till late tonight. call vzw I find the reps to be less then helpful'good for you' at that time..Ask them to track your phone and see wht they say if they say yes one was delivered to your officeat this time' say thanks I will call back. If they never mention the home one your fine. call back in the am just to check again and see wht they say.

Does not really matter I don't think If you got the same phone twice and you can't use the phone,then use the extra battery,charger......just keep it, make them do the work if they want it back.

PS>> Go knock on a few doors see if anyone knows anything.
    08-11-09 04:42 PM
    I find myself to be a very honest person or at lease pretty honest..
    Stealing ''meaning'' to take something that does not belong to them with out permission.

This is not stealing at all it was given to him by mistake but not stealing... My priest say's that I am a person who like's to walk a fine line.If I asked him his opion on this he would say that it was not stealing,thats all I need...Im OK if a priest tells me that and' I know he would I have had something's delivered to me twice a few different times .. Now my priest would ask how I feel about keeping it . I would and have told him I feel fine about it. ' good thing about being a catholic is you just have to be willing to start over,do better.. Im sure you did a good deed for someone and this is just a gift in return.
    08-11-09 04:54 PM
    Gray area - you didn't request two phones, so legally they cannot charge you for it. However, as mentioned before, the ESN is locked down. Try to activate it & they can then charge you, per the agreement when you break the seal.

VZW automatically requires signature proof of delivery on all packages. If the driver didn't get one and the device is then lost, he/she could be in a lot of trouble for taking the risk in trying to get you your phone.

08-11-09 05:12 PM
    Do the hard right instead of the easy wrong. An old Lutienent of mine told me that, excellent words to live by.
    08-11-09 05:50 PM
    If they ask for it back or charge you for it just give it back. Do not lie and say you didn't get it. If they don't ask don't tell, but don't lie. Karma is a bi*tch

08-11-09 05:58 PM
    Return it.
    10 Char
    Tough call. Hold it for a few weeks and call in to see if they have recieved your return. They should have by then, so if they want it back you will have to send it back or be charged full retail.

Here goes this ***** with his contradicting posts again...

Return the phone, you might not get charged, but the ESN will be added to the lost/stolen list if you dont.
    08-11-09 06:10 PM
    i have decided to just return the phone. I have concluded that it not worth the time & money just in case things go wrong.

Thanks crackberry members, you are the best!

08-11-09 06:14 PM
    i have decided to just return the phone.

Good for you!
    08-11-09 06:20 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD