I went through months and months of insane torture with the Storm rumors (before debut release). Only to be let down in the end since the phone was crap (agreed, it seems they have fixed it since then)

Now here we go with the iPhone rumors!

Right now i have the iphone on ATT and a Curve on VZW because thats where my family plan is, so its costing my a fortune! I cant move my family over to ATT because the service in my apartment stinks, and i cant be without an iphone since i work in an industry where i really should have one lol (iphone app development center).

There is nothing i want more than to have just 1 phone plan! If the iPhone was released on VZW id jump on 3 of them in a heartbeat. Voice+Data or not!

I have come to accept my dual-wielding existence, and written off the possibilities.

But nooooooo now they have to go drop rumors of some chinese people working on them??? So for the next 8 months, and most likely another year after that I have to deal with this again?? Im going to lose my sanity over this one lol.

But eventually if/when it does drop i will be getting it as i love the apple product, and my wife will also love it. I just got the iPad but im returning it because of the size (details here: My reasoning for returning my new Apple iPad | Richs Online Playground ) but i do however love my iPhone!! I just cant stand the service from ATT

Soooo ... welcome me back to the rumor mill, and lets all share the various rumors while we anticipate a confirmation from VZW that will never come lol.

*sigh* here we go again
    Last edited by rsarno; 04-05-10 at 02:55 PM.
    04-05-10 02:49 PM
    This has been a rumor for some time. Now we wait.
    04-05-10 03:19 PM
    *palm to face*

Yes I do hope the iPhone does come to Verizon...will it...time will tell. I was doing the dual carry for a while and didn't want to pay that much for two devices. In the meantime why don't you downgrade from the BB on Verizon to a dumbphone. That would save you 30+ a month. Or do the iPod Touch...

Anyways, I do hope it comes, I have an upgrade that will be used on that iPhone or the HTC Incredible.
    04-05-10 03:20 PM
    The iphone would be good on vzw but these rumors have been a flyin since the iphone came out.....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/t-l...eports-307268/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 04-05-10 at 06:08 PM.
    04-05-10 06:05 PM
    To be fair the CEO did say at a keynote several months back (maybe 8 months ago) that the iphone would be on verizon in about 6 months. He mentioned the Pre also and that DID come so you NEVER know, BUT nothing official has come from either company.
    04-05-10 07:40 PM
    either way, if the Iphone does come to Verizon, I wouldnt even look twice at it. I love my Blackberrys to much to switch back to the Iphone again.
    04-05-10 10:37 PM
    I'm very sensitive to different interpretations of the concept of "ownership". Namely, my interpretation (my phone...I should be able to do what I want with it) and Apple's interpretation (failure to follow manufacturers recommended utilization guidelines will result in loss of utilization altogether).

To me, Android is pro customer and Apple is pro Apple. When my contract is up I'm seriously considering getting an Android phone unless RIM really steps up its game. On VZW or not, the iPhone is not even a blip on my screen.

04-14-10 05:10 PM
    To me, Android is pro customer and Apple is pro Apple. When my contract is up I'm seriously considering getting an Android phone unless RIM really steps up its game.
    Tell that to the Backflip users on at&t where (unlike the Droid on VZW) the phone is restricted to loading apps only from the approved app store. Yes, I know about rooting, but I am talking about as approved by the provider.
    04-18-10 09:34 PM
    They would have to pry my blackberry from my cold lifeless hands. Maybe in 20 years when I'm retired ill get the Iphone 20.

04-19-10 07:35 AM
    I'm very sensitive to different interpretations of the concept of "ownership". Namely, my interpretation (my phone...I should be able to do what I want with it) and Apple's interpretation (failure to follow manufacturers recommended utilization guidelines will result in loss of utilization altogether).

To me, Android is pro customer and Apple is pro Apple. When my contract is up I'm seriously considering getting an Android phone unless RIM really steps up its game. On VZW or not, the iPhone is not even a blip on my screen.

I totally agree with this statement and am in the same boat.

Also.. if you have an iphone.. why not just have a regular dumbphone on vzw, instead of a curve. By the sound of it, if VZW had an iphone, you'd ditch it altogether. That alone can save you $30/month on your cell phone bill.
    04-19-10 09:27 AM
    Im gonna try the new droid for a few weeks to see how I like it. Then Ill either return it or sale my Storm 2.
    04-29-10 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD