So, i'll try to make this short.
    I have a 19 year old living with me while she attends a local college. She comes home 2 days ago telling me that she got a phone because she was having some problems with her pearl. She was upset because she had to pay full price ($324) for the phone she got (EnV3). She goes on about how she is locked in to her Alltel contract for another year and cannot change her plan until her contract is up. So, I listen intently for a while thinking something isn't right. Then i asked her WHERE she got all this info from. She mistakenly went to an "authorized retailer" instead of a corprate store.
    So i gladly pull out a spare Curve (alltel) that i had before i made the jump to get my tour. Yesterday we make the trip back to the store where she bought the phone. She says she wants to return it, No problem -> they will put in to have her refund Mailed to her!!! I question this but they can't give refunds, it comes from thier corprate office.
    Next she asks for her contacts to be transferred... they can't, don't have the equipment. She tells them, but you got them from my pearl and put them on the EnV3. Still "can't" do it.
    So the woman goes to activate the curve. I should have known better. She takes off the cover and types in the IMEI (i assume), *228, Makes a test call, and hands the phone back and says "there ya go, all done". I said, did you provision it for BIS? She goes "what is that?". I said you have to put her back on the Blackberry plan. She then tells me that they left her on the BIS plan with the ENV3 because she was still in contract for another year and she can't change plans. WHAT??? Stick her with a smartphone plane with a not-so-smart phone???
    So i asked if they had changed her pin info so she can set up her BIS on the web. She says "I've never had to do that". So i tell her to go into the computer and find where her PIN is located and make sure that all is well so we can set up her email. I get this.. "i have owned three blackberries and have no idea what you mean, you set up the email right here." and proceeds to show me the setup email icon. I tried to be nice, but i was about gone. So we leave. I get down the road, while my "child" is setting up her stuff and she looks at me and says, what is Enterprise Email? I start cursing as i turn around and drive back to the store. The woman looks wide eyed as i walk in the door phone in hand. She asks what the problem is. I told her to change her from BES to BIS, and she just sits dumbfounded. "I don't know what that is". I said, you put her on a BB data plan for business users, not personal. She jumps on computer and changes it.
    Get another 5 miles down the road only to find she cant send emails. Resend SB and Register HRT. Nothing, can't send or recieve and get a message saying that i am not authorized to send messages to this user. Get home and call CS.

The VERIZON CS was the sweetest guy!!! he looked into things with her, then she asks if he could talk to me about getting it going again. I get on the line with him, he says that apparently at the exact time we were in the store, SOMEONE put a block on SMS. I ask if this could have been just a fluke, and he said he doubted it could be. So he removed the block and had us *228 again. Then he goes on to assist me with options for switching to verizon OR (get this) CHANGING plans with Alltel. He stayed on the line being very helpful, and shocked at the story i relayed. He was flabergasted (sp?) that she could not get her refund at the store. He asked for the store information and put me on hold to tell the supervisor what was going on, so a complaint could be filed.

I was with alltel for many years, with above average CS and very few complaints. But VZW is Awesome. You guys take some bashing in here, but i just want to say THANKS for what you do!! I have gotten 4 new phones, a whole new plan, and had to call in a few times on my own account for this and everyone has bent over backwards to be nice. I have gotten a few "goodies" that were unsolicited, just for the inconveniences of switching... And completely helpful CS from the bottom all the way to Tech!

(Now to get home from work so i can call back and get the PIN released so i can get my email off the phone and hers on it. I didn't even notice it until after i called in. )
    08-27-09 07:15 AM
    I agree...only one time in 9 years have I had a problem with a verizon cs rep and of course it was last week when he said he had me on the phone for too long and ended the call....I called back and the reps without me saying anything filed a complaint (it was probably the end of his shift).
    That being said, CS seems always willing to help out with any issue I have had.

Some store reps are a different matter
    08-27-09 07:20 AM
    Totally agreed. I can't describe how awesome the VZW reps are most of the time. I've always been very satisfied with VZW's cs reps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 07:48 AM
    Yeah they're good, people just hate what they say on crackberry...
    08-27-09 07:51 AM
    I think they only hate when they don't get the answer that they want on Crackberry (right or not).
    08-27-09 07:58 AM
    I think they only hate when they don't get the answer that they want on Crackberry (right or not).
    I agree, people are looking to get thier diapers changed...
    Not gonna happen, good to hear you got a phone thats workin for you.
    08-27-09 08:06 AM
    So a quick question for you guys/gals. What is the easiest way to get my emails off the curve so I can set up hers?
    What do I tell them when I call in? What information do I need? Do I call in on my account or hers, or does it matter? I don't want to sound like an *** when I call.

08-27-09 08:35 AM
    Tell them you need the username and password for your bis login. They will ask for your pin number that you can find in option>status.
    Once you have the username/password you can log in and delete the emails off the phone from there. If you want to completely wipe the phone you can do that in options>security options>general settings>bb menu button>wipe handheld
    08-27-09 08:39 AM
    I did a wipe before we took it in to be activated on her account. However, since it was no longer in use the BIS logon for my account was no longer active so I couldn't sign on to it to delete the associated emails. I removed the service books for those emails from the curve, but they came back and she is getting all my email.

08-27-09 08:45 AM
    I did a wipe before we took it in to be activated on her account. However, since it was no longer in use the BIS logon for my account was no longer active so I couldn't sign on to it to delete the associated emails. I removed the service books for those emails from the curve, but they came back and she is getting all my email.

You can call in to tech support and have them delete your old BIS account. That should solve the issue for you.
    08-27-09 09:03 AM
    Do i need any of her account information, or can i just call with my info? There are some emails i don't wish to get to her phone, and would like to go ahead and do this.
    08-27-09 09:16 AM
    Do i need any of her account information, or can i just call with my info? There are some emails i don't wish to get to her phone, and would like to go ahead and do this.
    If the account is your old account, they can pull it up by pin, email address, or log in name. Then it is just a matter of deleting the old account.
    08-27-09 09:18 AM
    Thanks for you help. I will call at lunch and see how it goes.

Again, Y'all are awesome!
    08-27-09 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD