My dad works for Verizon wireless and he told me we cant goto the stores to have contacts transfered. I currently have Backup Assistent, but am getting a Blackberry Storm. Can I still go into a VZW store and have my contacts transfered or is there a way to do it from backup assistent?

Thanks
    04-24-09 03:57 PM
    A store can take contacts from your old phone and put them into you BB device. There is not a way to get form Backup assist. The device is not compatible.

There is away that you can cut and paste your contacts online from backup assitant in to excel. Save the file to a .csv file type and then inport that file into outlook
    04-24-09 04:03 PM
    You can go to a store, that is about the only thing we can do for an employee account.
    04-24-09 04:13 PM
    You can also sell accessories for employees accounts.
    04-24-09 04:15 PM
    Hahaha, I wish these forums had a rep system, I would have just repped you for that. Priceless.
    04-24-09 06:44 PM
    Lastraid is correct.

Weekend, lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 08:44 PM
    A store can take contacts from your old phone and put them into you BB device. There is not a way to get form Backup assist. The device is not compatible.

There is away that you can cut and paste your contacts online from backup assitant in to excel. Save the file to a .csv file type and then inport that file into outlook
    I tried that when I got my Berry, when I moved over from an Alias. It never worked
    04-24-09 08:55 PM
    I have seen it work in most cases, I have also seen where the cellbrite machine that tags a bit differnetly can cause duplicate entries in outlook
    04-24-09 09:13 PM
    I transfer contacts everyday form phones to BB so you should have no trouble going to a store and having the rep transfer your stuff.....
    04-24-09 09:15 PM
    the only issue woud be if the old phone doesnt turn on or charge properly
    04-24-09 09:25 PM
    it does work properlu. however the only conern have is being son of a verizon employee
    04-25-09 12:41 AM
    My son has gone into the a store on several occasions. He has has his numbers xfer'd. I may get called just so the store can say they called me.
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-25-09 at 10:19 AM.
    04-25-09 08:38 AM
    thanks everyone for all ur help
    04-25-09 10:17 AM
    If your phone does not turn on, they can not can not transfer your contacts via the cellbrite. Also, if the phone does power on, but the charging port is damaged, they still may not be able to transfer them. All you can do is go there and let them give it a shot.
    04-25-09 10:31 AM
    In my area, only managers can key out employee accessories now. Reps are no longer allowed to. Doesn't matter who the employee is, a manager has to do it.
    04-25-09 05:42 PM
    Right, but the stores can still do it. Stores love to say that you can't order accessories, you can't do FRU's and other things for employees. I have to print out and bring out the policy pages to the stores.
    04-25-09 05:48 PM
    Right, but the stores can still do it. Stores love to say that you can't order accessories, you can't do FRU's and other things for employees. I have to print out and bring out the policy pages to the stores.
    Are you part of BTG?
    04-25-09 07:02 PM
    I've done BTG before a few times. I've gotten trained in netACE and ACSS so I know what can be done. It just makes me mad when I hear that employees refused to do fru's or when employees said they couldn't sell accessories or transfer contacts when in fact they can. In fact, it states in OneSource that the employee should go to the store before contacting EPP.
    04-25-09 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD