O.k. I am an Alltel switchover still on an Alltel plan with Alltel equipment.

I have one plan with 3 lines. Two of the lines are out of contract and one (the primary data phone) is not and does not expire until Aug of 2010. I would like to buy all new phones and switch the entire plan over to VZW.

Will VZW work with me on switching that one phone over before Aug? I do not want two plans on two different Networks.

Long time Alltel customer (13 years) with no billing issues whatsoever.
    08-13-09 11:29 AM
    call customer service.
    08-13-09 12:31 PM
    If the other 2 lines are eligible to upgrade they will make the 3rd one available. You could keep your same plan if the 2 phones that you want to upgrade don't go to a smart phone and some other select devices. What I was told is Verizon phones will work on Alltel plans but Alltel phones won't work on Verizon plans. They make things soooo complicated.
    Last edited by KyleXY....Z; 08-13-09 at 12:46 PM.
    08-13-09 12:39 PM
    My supervisor has been giving a lot of leeway to Alltel customers coming over, mostly because we dont have a lot of support for Alltel devices so getting you to a Verizon device sooner makes it easier for us. Also if your device breaks within warranty we dont have a lot of warranty replacements for Alltel in the warehouse. So all the cases I've had where even a Single line is not eligibile to upgrade we've let them to come over to Verizon's plans/phones/etc...
    08-22-09 09:19 PM
    AFAngryWarrior...your signature makes me smile. I have always had wonderful results with Verizon going over and beyond for me. It's amazing what treating a person like a real person will get you
    08-22-09 09:33 PM
    Go into the store. When we swithced over they were allowing us to switch to vzw plans and also giving 50$ discounts on top of the subsidized pricing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 10:26 PM
    Sure they will, why wouldn't they? as they have nothing vested in you and your Alltel contract.

They give you the same service, Less product (plan/minutes) and a higher monthly payment.= win, win for VZW.

I bought a VZW branded Tour and kept my Alltel plan. For me it was no question about it but that's just me.
    08-23-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD