Okay, I'm going to attempt to make this as short & simple as possible:

I purchased my first Droid in January, brand new of course, and it performed amazingly! A month later, I accidentally cracked the screen & had to pay the $50 deductible for a replacement. VZW sent me a brand new device(#2) with battery and SD card. This device performed great but had a hardware issue where all of my friends of all home & cellular carriers, including VZW, constantly complained my voice sounded like it was echoing. I called VZW, the tech confirmed this issue, & they replaced Droid #2 at no charge. They sent me a refurb(#3), it looked pretty nice & performed great for about 3 months, and than it developed some hardware issues; The screen would take about 3 seconds to rotate, would take about 10 seconds to refresh my home menu and the app menu button would not work most of the time. I called VZW, they told me it was a hardware issue, they sent me another replacement. So now I'm on Droid #4, and I noticed immediately this device is being very laggy. Takes numerous attempts to get the unlock to finally slide, app menu won't work sometimes, I press one app and a completely different app opens up. I approached a friend that works at VZW, he told me to master reset and don't download any apps. I tried that, and it's still laggy. Last night I couldn't use my Droid at all because it kept opening different apps and just going all over the place. Called VZW last night, the tech told me I must be installing buggy apps, which can't be true if I didn't install any apps on this device. And all the apps I previously had, all my Droid friends have and they've experienced 0 hardware issues with their Droids.

So now I'm waiting for Droid #5 to arrive next week. I'm planning on going to VZW store today to show them how laggy this device is. All I want is the exact same device VZW displays in their store, the same exact device I signed a 2yr contract for. I'm not trying to be picky because it's a refurb, but these refurbs just seem to all have hardware issues. It's embarrassing & frustrating to have numerous friends with Droids, BB's & iPhones taking turns showing how cool their devices are, while I'm over here basically unable to use the internet or txt because for every button I press, the device responds totally wrong.

Is there any advice anyone can give me in regards to dealing with this situation? I'm convinced I need a brand new in box device, is there any steps I can take to receive a new device?

Any comments, suggestions or questions are appreciated. Thanks people!
    07-10-10 12:46 PM
    I'm convinced I need a brand new in box device, is there any steps I can take to receive a new device?

Any comments, suggestions or questions are appreciated. Thanks people!
    I suggest if you do not like the refurb devices from VZW that you contact the manafacturer of your phone and see what they can do for you. Maybe they can replace the phone with a new one or you can send it in and have them fix it. You are not entitled a new device from VZW but maybe if you email them and explain the situation, they may consider something.
    07-10-10 12:59 PM
    I'll definitely take your advice on the email to VZW. Only negative about sending in my device to Motorola is I will be without a device for who knows how long. I use my device for work related services & I don't have any back up VZW devices. I know VZW isn't entitled to give me a new device, but I'm hoping I can work something out with them, I'm going to attempt to speak with their store manager about this situation. As long as I can have a device on hand to use while another device is being worked out for me, I'm all for it.
    07-10-10 01:07 PM
    I'll definitely take your advice on the email to VZW. Only negative about sending in my device to Motorola is I will be without a device for who knows how long. I use my device for work related services & I don't have any back up VZW devices. I know VZW isn't entitled to give me a new device, but I'm hoping I can work something out with them, I'm going to attempt to speak with their store manager about this situation. As long as I can have a device on hand to use while another device is being worked out for me, I'm all for it.

Keep bugging vZW they will give you what you want.
    07-14-10 08:54 AM
    If it's a hardware issue and not an insurance replacement, just go into the store and make them give you a new phone there. don't leave until you get one that works the way it should.

simple enough?
    07-14-10 12:34 PM
    If it's a hardware issue and not an insurance replacement, just go into the store and make them give you a new phone there. don't leave until you get one that works the way it should.

simple enough?
    They don't give new phones under warranty nor do they give replacements of smartphones in store.
    07-14-10 02:02 PM
    Keep bugging vZW they will give you what you want.
    Sadly enough and as much as i speak against this, its true. Customer service will make any exception for a customer no matter what. Policies mean nothing here at VZW.
    07-14-10 02:32 PM
    Depends on the rep you get. You can always try, but they do notate why you call each time. Also be respectful and kind. It goes a long way. No one wants to help a **** on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD