I am getting a replacement curve from VZW on Thursday. The reason the batt door latch is loose and they say they don't fix it they are going to give me a new one. My question is I have 4.5.0.131 OS on my bb. Should I install the VZW 4.5 on it before I send it back or don't even wory about it?
    02-24-09 12:59 AM
    Dont worry about it, they wipe them anyway.
    02-24-09 01:04 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it. You are returning your old Curve for a physical defect not for anything that can be caused by upgrading the OS. I wouldn't waste my time with it. I hope the next one works for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 01:04 AM
    cool thanks for the help guys. yeah they told me to wipe it before I send it back as well
    02-24-09 01:57 AM
    I was told once by VZW when I did a warranty replacement, regardless if the replacement was for hardware, if the incorrect OS was on the device when I sent it back, I would be charged full retail due to the fact that the incorrect OS was installed and that voided the warranty.
    02-24-09 08:02 AM
    no need to worry its just cuz of the batt. door
    not for an os problem
    so just give it up if needed
    but you might want to do a back up
    02-24-09 08:20 AM
    cool thanks for the help guys. yeah they told me to wipe it before I send it back as well
    You are welcome MrJayDeeOne.

02-24-09 10:03 AM
    I had a razr that I hacked the os, I unlocked everything vzw locked, the papper work said it voided the worrenty and one day the phone just stopped working, I called vzw and told them about it, they sent me a new one, I told them a year or so prior I hacked it they said np send it back, so I got a new razr free no worrenty, hacked os..... Yup so I hacked the new one to!...... And that is why vzw is secound to none!

02-26-09 07:19 AM
    I was told once by VZW when I did a warranty replacement, regardless if the replacement was for hardware, if the incorrect OS was on the device when I sent it back, I would be charged full retail due to the fact that the incorrect OS was installed and that voided the warranty.
    I would think the only way this would be the case is if it were a beta OS and not a supported one from the carrier...
    02-26-09 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD